Sherlock

Jaxom 1974

On 1/18/2017 at 2:15 AM, the hound of sansa said:

I actually enjoyed more the middle ep. It used again the same trope, sherlock on drugs, but it was a more a detective story than the other two, and it was more down to earth. It didn't have super assasin Mary and her mysterious past, and it didn't have superhuman with vague abilities Eurus.
I really hope it wasn't the end of the series. Mary's last speech could be considered as an epilogue, but the events leading to it were very rushed. In 2 minutes Eurus went from very bad, to misunderstood, and then we barely saw her again, and just like that a series ends? Hope not

Agreed about S4E2 being the most Sherlock-y of S4. S4E1 was rather meh. Too much Mary. and S4E3 was indeed rushed at the end. Euron Eurus' big reveal reminded me too much of that last Daniel Craig Bond film, Spectre. And the ending montage of her with the violin and visits did seem a bit rushed and...odd. 

And that last DVD spiel by Mary was out of character for her and a total masturbatory moment by the writers. It came off as rather corny.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ShyGamerGirl said:

I watched the first episode from the latest season and I am rather confused and disappointed. Am I alone here?

I think that was the general reaction of people in this thread as well. General consensus seems to be the second episode was much better, opinions are a bit more mixed on the third.

• 5 months later...

Mark Gatiss: 'Sherlock may not return in its current form'

As he talks about the show’s future, Gatiss says that the last series was a nightmare to schedule, especially now Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman’s career have gone global. He also says that he has no problem with handing the Sherlock keys over to someone else.

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Let's hope it's a return to form :) 

Evidently not an episode of Sherlock, so no?

No more Sherlocks would be a good thing anyway.  Feh.

15 hours ago, Spockydog said:

The last story was awful. I really hope they don't screw up Dracula.

My thought processes watching season 4:

1) That episode was stupid. Maybe they were stuck up their own bums while writing that?

2) What the hell was that? Oh well, still one last episode to go out with a bang.

3) I deny any knowledge of what you're talking about. Oh that? Never seen it before, ever! You think I'd buy that DVD with my own actual money? Cute. Someone must have left it here. You can keep it, I don't think they'll mind.

I haven't been able to think about Sherlock the same way since watching that "Sherlock Is Garbage" video on YouTube.  The author of that video put into (many) words the things I couldn't quite describe that made me uneasy about the show the more I watched it. He also nails what has bothered me about Dr. Who since Moffat took over.  

• 4 months later...

Archived