Jaxom 1974

Sherlock

288 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, blaw said:

I've been watching Sherlock for a few years now.

It is one of my favourite series. 

Seasons 1,2 and 3 had some great moments and quite good.

But I am disappointed with seasons 4. In season 4 the end is felt like series ending.

it is one of my favourite series. 

Congratulations, blaw, on your first post in Westeros! May there be many more! Welcome to the zoo! :) 

Well, it was better than the episode two weeks ago. But this show is no longer doing the things that made it compelling viewing in seasons 1 & 2.

All in all a piss poor season for this show, wrapping it up with a dvd of that awful Mary character was quite fitting.

Edited by dooog

I actually enjoyed more the middle ep. It used again the same trope, sherlock on drugs, but it was a more a detective story than the other two, and it was more down to earth. It didn't have super assasin Mary and her mysterious past, and it didn't have superhuman with vague abilities Eurus.
I really hope it wasn't the end of the series. Mary's last speech could be considered as an epilogue, but the events leading to it were very rushed. In 2 minutes Eurus went from very bad, to misunderstood, and then we barely saw her again, and just like that a series ends? Hope not

I don't seem to understand the point of this episode. Was it just so they could introduce superheroes to this series? Will Sherlock battle Cap and Iron Man if this series ever returns? This was a really convoluted mess. Some parts of it were nice to see. This show still has some visual flair left (although, the "best" shot of the episode was the exploding flat... That was so horrible I almost fainted from laughing to hard), the actors are great and occassionaly something did manage to stick out of the muddled mess (Sherlock, Watson and Mycroft with their family talk), but overall a severe disappointment. When JM came back, I was so damn happy, I was hoping he would save the episode, but no. Great scene, but the episode remained shite. I could say a lot more and do it a lot more coherently than this, but I'm just tired of this show really. Perhaps it is best that it doesn't return. I'll just keep thinking back to A  Scandal in Belgravia as the last true episode of Sherlock.

15 hours ago, dooog said:

All in all a piss poor season for this show, wrapping it up with a dvd of that awful Mary character was quite fitting.

How many DVD's are there? She should have had the decency to just fuck off for good after being offed :P 

23 hours ago, red snow said:

I wouldn't rule it out. It's a happy coincidence,if not. Against it is the other Greyjoys not having wind deity names althought aeron sounds a bit air/wind like and i guess sailors like/fear the wind.

It makes sense for the others not to have wind deity names. After all, Euron is the discipel of the Storm God and they belong to the Drowned God ;) 

On 1/18/2017 at 2:15 AM, the hound of sansa said:

I actually enjoyed more the middle ep. It used again the same trope, sherlock on drugs, but it was a more a detective story than the other two, and it was more down to earth. It didn't have super assasin Mary and her mysterious past, and it didn't have superhuman with vague abilities Eurus.
I really hope it wasn't the end of the series. Mary's last speech could be considered as an epilogue, but the events leading to it were very rushed. In 2 minutes Eurus went from very bad, to misunderstood, and then we barely saw her again, and just like that a series ends? Hope not

Agreed about S4E2 being the most Sherlock-y of S4. S4E1 was rather meh. Too much Mary. and S4E3 was indeed rushed at the end. Euron Eurus' big reveal reminded me too much of that last Daniel Craig Bond film, Spectre. And the ending montage of her with the violin and visits did seem a bit rushed and...odd. 

And that last DVD spiel by Mary was out of character for her and a total masturbatory moment by the writers. It came off as rather corny.

I watched the first episode from the latest season and I am rather confused and disappointed. Am I alone here?

1 hour ago, ShyGamerGirl said:

I watched the first episode from the latest season and I am rather confused and disappointed. Am I alone here?

I think that was the general reaction of people in this thread as well. General consensus seems to be the second episode was much better, opinions are a bit more mixed on the third.