Goodkind 54: How to Revive a Dead Dick

Myshkin

You know it would actually be a tiny bit reassuring if he spent the same amount of time on these that the programmer of E.T. did. I think E.T. was made in a month or so? ID much prefer a world where Tairy is just shitting these out his butthole in like a month that these being the result of actual human effort.

• 2 months later...

Blurb for the new book

Shroud of Eternity picks up where Terry Goodkind’s New York Times bestseller Death’s Mistressleft off, promising a thrilling brew of bloodshed, sex, deception, and sorcery.

The formidable sorceress Nicci and her companions—the newly powerless Richard Rahl and the youthful Bannon—set out on another quest after driving ruthless Norukai slavers out of Renda Bay. Their mission: restore Rahl’s magic and, for Nicci, save the world.

Guided by the witch-woman Red's mysterious prophecy, the trio makes their way south of Kol Adair towards a wondrous city shrouded behind time, Ildakar. But the grotesque omens on their path to Rahl’s salvation—severed Norukai heads on pikes, a genetically modified monster, and a petrified army of half a million—are just a taste of the unimaginable horrors that await within the Shroud of Eternity.

doesn't even get the name of the character right in it :laugh:

• 3 months later...

OMG. Just as I popped back in to see if anyone had yet nicked my idea to do a fly-on-the-wall expose of life inside D'hara Palace and the shenanigans of Richald Trahl ("Banning Fire and Fury"), I see there's yet another Tairy book coming out? With a character called Bannon?! What even is this timeline 

Had a patient come in a couple weeks ago and during conversation she said that she named her daughter after her favorite book character.  So naturally, I ask what her name is...

Kahlan.

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Had a patient come in a couple weeks ago and during conversation she said that she named her daughter after her favorite book character.  So naturally, I ask what her name is...

Kahlan.

I trust you euthanised the patieent? Brain death was clearly a given. 

On 1/6/2018 at 4:29 PM, Rhom said:

Once had a patient who named their kid Kimahri after the big blue guy in Final Fantasy X.

That's not nearly as bad as naming your kid after Kahlan.  At least Kihmari didn't talk much and seemed like a decent person.... er Ronso

A fellow actor in a production of Henry VI with me said last night, in response to someone saying people are dumb, that it was wizard's first rule. And it totally caught me off guard to remember that, like, real people in the world have read these books. Honestly, I can't really fathom it, that these books are insanely popular. Not in like a Twilight type way, where you lament that people like it but you can totally see why it's popular. This is more of like...I can't fathom people en masse sitting down and reading about evil chickens and nipples and 1000s of pages of discount Randian philosophy. 

Archived