Goodkind 54: How to Revive a Dead Dick

Myshkin

• 1 month later...

Your giggling inspired my search for it on Amazon - the third reviewer certainly enjoyed it:

To say that this is a thriller does not do it justice. In Nest, Goodkind has taken the thriller genre and, using his amazing storytelling skills, turned it on its head. He draws the reader into a realm of good and evil and brings these massive overarching concepts into day-to-day events making you question whether what you see is reality or just an illusion.

I'm excited. Not for the book! Good god. Why would I need to read this to question reality? I don't need to question anything in life. That would show mental weakness and frailty of soul. I already know exactly what is and isn't real. 

Saw this in his author bio -

"As a resident of Nevada, Terry Goodkind deeply appreciates the rights and freedoms of the United States, although worries about how quickly those rights are eroding."

- and it occurred to me that Terry and Cliven Bundy are probably besties.

35 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Saw this in his author bio -

"As a resident of Nevada, Terry Goodkind deeply appreciates the rights and freedoms of the United States, although worries about how quickly those rights are eroding."

- and it occurred to me that Terry and Cliven Bundy are probably besties.

Could be the same person.

• 2 months later...

Nobody seems to have the strength to rise up and live in this way anymore. I was gonna do Warheart; I said I would do it, made a big deal about it, got it out of the library and started in. But then, and this is entirely my fault, I completely flaked, because aw man, it's just so fucking boring. It's not that it's full of absurd Goodkindisms -- Warheart wishes it could aspire to the jaw-kickings and rising things and raptor gazes of yesteryear. It's just dull, and it was the dullness that defeated me.

Maybe the release of Death's Mistress will kick me into motion on Warheart, and if I can finish that then I'll try and do Death's Mistress if nobody else has made the sacrifice by then -- probably a long time from now. I will say that Nicci's scenes in Warheart were those I found the least boring, not because they were good, Jesus no, but because they still had a shadow of the old Goodkind camp and trashiness.

On Wednesday, February 01, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Darth Richard II said:

Ha, the new books synopsis reads like it was poorly translated from another language, and that cover....o.O

Thus is what happens when someone's private fan fiction gets published...I assume that Tairy is essentially writing up his own fan fiction now...

Archived