Myshkin

Goodkind 54: How to Revive a Dead Dick

369 posts in this topic

Goodkind is the Morrissey of epic fantasy, minus any redeeming talent for verse.  Although if he'd share the Atari ET fate, some might rejoice :P

Thanks for taking that big barbed namble instrument for the team Maester Llama! Good job on the recaps! Hope there are no serious mental side-effects.

You know it would actually be a tiny bit reassuring if he spent the same amount of time on these that the programmer of E.T. did. I think E.T. was made in a month or so? ID much prefer a world where Tairy is just shitting these out his butthole in like a month that these being the result of actual human effort.

Goodkind may be having the last laugh on us, though.

How many of us could make millions of dollars by writing crap?

Me. I could. In fact, I think I will.

12 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Shit, does he really make millions?

Considering that he have sold 26 Million+ copies... :(

Yeah but didn't he sell a lot of the rights away for that tv show thing? There was some stupid legal reason they couldn't just call it Sword of Truth I thought.

Blurb for the new book

Shroud of Eternity picks up where Terry Goodkind’s New York Times bestseller Death’s Mistressleft off, promising a thrilling brew of bloodshed, sex, deception, and sorcery.

The formidable sorceress Nicci and her companions—the newly powerless Richard Rahl and the youthful Bannon—set out on another quest after driving ruthless Norukai slavers out of Renda Bay. Their mission: restore Rahl’s magic and, for Nicci, save the world.

Guided by the witch-woman Red's mysterious prophecy, the trio makes their way south of Kol Adair towards a wondrous city shrouded behind time, Ildakar. But the grotesque omens on their path to Rahl’s salvation—severed Norukai heads on pikes, a genetically modified monster, and a petrified army of half a million—are just a taste of the unimaginable horrors that await within the Shroud of Eternity.

doesn't even get the name of the character right in it :laugh: