Myshkin

Goodkind 54: How to Revive a Dead Dick

282 posts in this topic

I just noticed something terrible yesterday. My text messaging feature on my iPhone now includes a suggested words thing. I type a handful of letters and it gives me about three to four words as suggestions that I can click as a shortcut.

Yesterday, I typed "good" and one of the suggested words was "Goodkind." My god... what have we come to?!!?

Good lord, that is worrrisome... If even the folks at Apple think we need Tairyisms, we're definitely in trouble.

So when did Terry start ripping GOT? I only made it through two chapters of Wizard's First Rule before I quit the series.

When he retconned the series yet again and brought back hordes of undead zombies from the previously unknown and untravelled lands to the north

When he retconned the series yet again and brought back hordes of undead zombies from the previously unknown and untravelled lands to the north

That's not funny. That's not funny at all.

At least the noble goat and the evil chicken have comedy value.

Wasn't there also a giant wall of ice?

No, duh, it was water. Very, very, very cold water...

Because Bakker's Law has to apply here somehow, I'm eagerly waiting the SoTomization of Earwa.

I got the idea from hearing of a play on words during the initial 2003 invasion of Iraq, talking of areas by "non-Saddamized." But yes, a lot of literature could bear (maybe?) being SoTomized...or not.

I am usually a pretty decent fellow, but I will start SoTomizing the shit out of folks if I don't The Unholy Consult pretty soon here.

Larry, you are a great man. You gave me my love of literature and my board handle, but this bs cannot go on much longer.

WHERE IS THE UNHOLY CONSULT???/!??!!!

Hi guys,

Where can I find the rest of the Goodkind threads? I need me some entertainment.

Thanks.

Haven't read ever anything of Terry Goodkind and also his namesake Terry Brooks. When I eventually read all my fantasy books on to read list (couple of years or so), should I go for them?

I first read that they have sold a lot of books (25m each) but saw that everybody complains about them. I found something similar (though with much divided opinion) for Wheel of Time, and then I absolutely loved it. So, is the situation similar here, or are they really that bad (from what I have read on reviews/articles, the best books of them are just average with the majority of books being from bad to worse)?

Haven't read ever anything of Terry Goodkind and also his namesake Terry Brooks. When I eventually read all my fantasy books on to read list (couple of years or so), should I go for them?

I first read that they have sold a lot of books (25m each) but saw that everybody complains about them. I found something similar (though with much divided opinion) for Wheel of Time, and then I absolutely loved it. So, is the situation similar here, or are they really that bad (from what I have read on reviews/articles, the best books of them are just average with the majority of books being from bad to worse)?

Despite having participated in several years worth of these threads I've never actually more than excerpts of Goodkind's writing so I'll let those who have suffered through his books answer that.

I have read half a dozen of Terry Brooks' books (although not his most famous Shannara series). I wouldn't say they were bad necessarily, but there are so many better books out there I wouldn't really recommend them. I'd say Running with the Demon was the best of those I read, it's a fairly good urban fantasy although the sequels weren't as good.

Just go to a used book store somewhere and pick up Wizard's First Rule and read through the first chapter or two in the store and make your own decision before buying.

And then report back to this thread with some of your favorite passages. :)

Goodkind announces on facebook he is writing one last Richard and Kahlan book called Warheart

sounds like he is trolling Brandon Sanderson with that name

At this point I don't think anyone believes that this will be the last Richard and Kahlan book.

The one after will be a Kahlan and Richard....

next book will be all about Richard transitioning into a woman.