Myshkin

Goodkind 54: How to Revive a Dead Dick

385 posts in this topic

One of my (now retired) work colleagues is married to a Kahlan.   I very much doubt she was named after anything written decades after she was born.

A fellow actor in a production of Henry VI with me said last night, in response to someone saying people are dumb, that it was wizard's first rule. And it totally caught me off guard to remember that, like, real people in the world have read these books. Honestly, I can't really fathom it, that these books are insanely popular. Not in like a Twilight type way, where you lament that people like it but you can totally see why it's popular. This is more of like...I can't fathom people en masse sitting down and reading about evil chickens and nipples and 1000s of pages of discount Randian philosophy. 

Does he know they're not comedies? I thought those books were the most brilliantly funny shit til I found out they were supppsed to be serious.

4 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Does he know they're not comedies? I thought those books were the most brilliantly funny shit til I found out they were supppsed to be serious.

You're just jealous of a literary genius.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, Rhom said:

Once had a patient who named their kid Kimahri after the big blue guy in Final Fantasy X.

That's actually kinda cool. I named my daughter Yuna, but more because she's half-Korean & Yuna Kim is a great role model (I also really like the name).

Back on topic, I don't think the Yeard is anywhere the seller that he used to be in the 90's -- there's just way too much great fantasy out now, and it's a serious commitment to read 18 or 20 shit novels to catch up -- but he does have enough of a lingering fanbase to stay published.

Edited by kuenjato