Michael Brown Shooting Cont

Relic

That was TP's example of racism? So answer the question suttree? If the demographics of Ferguson do not explain why more black's are stopped, is it racism when the roles are reversed? I'll wait...

Where are the roles reversed? Where are whites pulled over more often than their demographics suggest?

But that's a sidetrack from the argument that TP and I have made, and you have dodged: structural racism of the police department in Ferguson is evident by the fact that black people are stopped and searched by police far more often than their demographics suggest. Even the Missouri Attorney General acknowledges this is a problem.

I still can't tell if you've even grasped the difference between the number of stops and the rate at which stops occur. Could you please read and respond to the links, and show us you're at least capable of reading and understanding an argument?

So are the cops considered racist in cities where whites are the majority and stopped more frequently? Kind of destroys your argument, doesn't it?

Do you have any stats?

Pick a city - any city - with a white majority and there's an 80% chance that blacks are stopped at a higher rate than whites.

So how do you explain the different rates at which black and white residents of Ferguson were stopped by police for questioning in light of the lower rate of successful arrest amongst black residents who were stopped? If it is not a symptom of the systemic racism, then what is it? What could explain this data?

What explains the rate of African Americans in prison? Is it perhaps that some of them (gasp) are criminals.

Sadly there's nothing on Infowars to explain that distinction to him.

I can try.

A rate (in this case) is the number of events that occur in a given unit of time divided by the population to which that event could occur. Here is an example.

The lizard people and Illuminati are fighting over control of the secret NWO government. There are 10 lizard people and 100 Illuminati. Each year, 2 lizard people and 5 Illuminati are caught and killed by the MiB. The number of Illuminati caught is higher, because 5 is greater than 2. But the rate of lizard people being caught each year is higher because 2/10 = 0.2, which is greater than 5/100 (which is 0.05). Because 0.2 is greater than 0.05, the rate that the MiB catch the lizard people is higher. Do you understand the difference between rate and number now?

There could be many reasons the MiB catch lizardpeople at a higher rate. They could be preferentially targeting the lizardpeople. Or maybe, lizardpeople are easier to catch than Illuminati because they're fucking goddamn lizards how hard is it to spot the motherfuckers? Why the rate is higher is important to determine. If 1 lizardperson and 10 Illuminati were caught each year, the rate would be the same, but the number of Illuminati caught would be higher.

What explains the rate of African Americans in prison? Is it perhaps that some of them (gasp) are criminals.

Why does the African American population have a higher rate of criminals? Your response doesn't particularly tell us anything. There are more African Americans in prison because more African Americans are criminals. Why? How do you address that higher rates of African Americans are stopped than non-African Americans, which is going to lead to an increase in the number of people caught by sheer chance (and an increase in the number of innocents jailed). How do you address the fact that while the rate of African-Americans being stopped is higher, when you compare the number of stops to the number of drug finds, that whites have a higher rate of drug possession? Is it because the police are preferentially stopping African-Americans and only stop those Caucasians they actually suspect? Is the sensitivity of drug detection higher when used against African Americans, affording a higher rate of false-positives?

Or do you honestly believe that the African American population just happens to have an innate element of criminality divorced from anything else?

So did you all hear about how the KKK was threatening to go to Ferguson and violently respond to any potential rioters?

Then Anonymous (the hacker collective) went after them. Took over their websites, Twitter accounts, and started doxxing members.

The Anonymous cyberwar started during the weekend after the white supremacist group issued a warning to any potential rioters waiting for a grand jury decision on a possible charges against Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in August.

Using the hashtags #OpKKK and #HoodsOff, Anonymous "unhooded" alleged Klan members online, and provided links to social media accounts which contained their photos, addresses, phone numbers, ages, workplaces, and photos of their children.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30105412

I can't support doxxing and especially the bit with the childrens' photos, but it's hard to get worked up in defense of the Klan.

Eh, I wouldn't trust it. These are the dumbasses who tried to reveal who Brown's shooter was and fucked it up. They are reporting that members of Ferguson PD are in the KKK, though, so...

Who knows. Maybe they're right this time around and Ferguson's PD actually is just fucking rife with KKK members. I just wish they had a few more quality control measures.

I can try.

A rate (in this case) is the number of events that occur in a given unit of time divided by the population to which that event could occur. Here is an example.

The lizard people and Illuminati are fighting over control of the secret NWO government. There are 10 lizard people and 100 Illuminati. Each year, 2 lizard people and 5 Illuminati are caught and killed by the MiB. The number of Illuminati caught is higher, because 5 is greater than 2. But the rate of lizard people being caught each year is higher because 2/10 = 0.2, which is greater than 5/100 (which is 0.05). Because 0.2 is greater than 0.05, the rate that the MiB catch the lizard people is higher. Do you understand the difference between rate and number now?

There could be many reasons the MiB catch lizardpeople at a higher rate. They could be preferentially targeting the lizardpeople. Or maybe, lizardpeople are easier to catch than Illuminati because they're fucking goddamn lizards how hard is it to spot the motherfuckers? Why the rate is higher is important to determine. If 1 lizardperson and 10 Illuminati were caught each year, the rate would be the same, but the number of Illuminati caught would be higher.

Why does the African American population have a higher rate of criminals? Your response doesn't particularly tell us anything. There are more African Americans in prison because more African Americans are criminals. Why? How do you address that higher rates of African Americans are stopped than non-African Americans, which is going to lead to an increase in the number of people caught by sheer chance (and an increase in the number of innocents jailed). How do you address the fact that while the rate of African-Americans being stopped is higher, when you compare the number of stops to the number of drug finds, that whites have a higher rate of drug possession? Is it because the police are preferentially stopping African-Americans and only stop those Caucasians they actually suspect? Is the sensitivity of drug detection higher when used against African Americans, affording a higher rate of false-positives?

Or do you honestly believe that the African American population just happens to have an innate element of criminality divorced from anything else?

Who said anything about drug possession? All I said was that the African American race makes up an enormous percentage of the population in prison, while making up a far smaller percentage of the population. Does this mean anything? Yes it does.

Eh, I wouldn't trust it. These are the dumbasses who tried to reveal who Brown's shooter was and fucked it up. They are reporting that members of Ferguson PD are in the KKK, though, so...

Who knows. Maybe they're right this time around and Ferguson's PD actually is just fucking rife with KKK members. I just wish they had a few more quality control measures.

Do you have a link for their attempt to reveal Brown's shooter? I don't remember that part of the story at all.

I have to imagine if they'd outed any Ferguson PD as members, it'd be a bigger story. Or maybe responsible news organizations want a little more confirmation before reporting such things.

Doesn't it actually mean that they are imprisoned at a higher rate? And as to your question: No.

Yes, that is what it literally means. We asked for his interpretation. His interpretation is that African Americans are inherently more criminal. Presumably, this means there is no bias in the justice system whatsoever.

Which of course is fucked, but whatever.

The majority of African American people I know are people I would trust watching my children (biggest compliment I can give someone). Unless you believe that there is a nationwide conspiracy against African Americans you can't argue the facts.

Percentage of AA that make up the population

Percentage of AA that make up prison population.

I can try.

This post says a lot about you and your denial of the correlation between population percentage and stops.

Who said anything about drug possession? All I said was that the African American race makes up an enormous percentage of the population in prison, while making up a far smaller percentage of the population. Does this mean anything? Yes it does.

It's institutional racism my friend! White profile them, target them, then charge them with imaginary crimes. Just to put them in prison and pay for their existence. Never mind that they broke the law.

This post says a lot about you and your denial of the correlation between population percentage and stops.

You clearly don't know what those words mean, because my entire post was about how there is a difference between the population percentage and the percent of stops. If African Americans make up 30% of the population, they should make up roughly 30% of the stops. They don't. That was the entire goddamn point of my post.

Go finish elementary school.

edit: I'm bad at taking my own advice. I'm done.

Yes, that is what it literally means. We asked for his interpretation. His interpretation is that , this means there is no bias in the justice system whatsoever.

Which of course is fucked, but whatever.

I'm not arguing against the bias. It's never going to change unfortunately. The legal system favors those with money, whites. Don't be mad at me the system is the way it is. If you want to argue the reasons WHY many AA commit the crimes they do (robbery, selling drugs) that's a different discussion. I understand that many AA have a pretty fucked situation. Choosing between making near minimum wage or committing crimes for fast, easy money. I understand, I really do. But the facts are the facts.

Archived