Where does ASoS split in the 2 volume edition?

dayman76

I'm about halfway through the single volume edition and was wondering where they split the book to create 2 volumes? In other words, where does Steel and Snow end?

I'm pretty sure I'm more than halfway, so any answers should be spoiler free for me. For the record I'm at the part where Edmure's wedding party is pretty much finished. Just finished the Davos chapter after that.

Please be careful not to spoil me though. Please!

Cheers

It seems that it can't get a full answer, because that depends on the country. From http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Chapters_Table_of_contents you can see that the English edition is split after Jon's flight, in Poland we have it two chapters later, so the Mhysa scene and Arya kidnapping make the ending to Steel and Snow. A better cut if you ask me (and moreover "Do you know what dogs do to wolves?" is a nice ending sentence of a book. Though on the other hand in the 2nd one it makes RW happen like 100 pages in, maybe a bit too early if one considered it a partially-independent volume, so who can say...), but likely those are not the only two configurations from all the editions.

Archived