Storm of Swords - audio book

Lady Jeyne Reyne

I couldn't stop listening to Clash of Kings and finished it in less than a week. I'm downloading the Storm of Swords audio book as I type. It's almost 48 hours of listening! Listening to these books is like having a full time job. Except that it's riveting. If you have the time I highly recommend getting the audiobooks. The only problem for me is I'm checking them out of the library and I can't renew them because other people are also waiting for them. So- as soon as it's downloaded a listening marathon will begin!

Hello, I never saw audio books, can you provide me some links? I'd like to try to improve my hearing comprehension,that really sucks...

Thank you for any suggestion!

Kikajon - I'm checking the ebooks out from the public library. But you can buy them at audible.com (they're expensive but if you join you get one free credit and then one a month for $14 a month and you can use credits). Do you have a Kindle? They're cheaper if you download them to a Kindle. They're read by Roy Dotrice - he's an amazing reader. Book #4 (Feast of Crows) was originally read by someone else but then Roy Dotrice redid it. Be sure to get that one.

A bit of trivia - Roy Dotrice is in the Guiness Book of World Records for voicing the most characters in an audio book for his Game of Thrones reading.

• 3 weeks later...

A little late to this thread, but just in case it helps:

I downloaded all of them from iTunes. If considering the audiobooks, would suggest getting them another way. For some reason the iTunes version of the first book has duplicate chapters in it, which makes it a pain to navigate. I suspect but am not positive that chapter ordering might be messed up in a couple of places in the other books as well. It would be difficult to even notice or find any errors besides repetition (e.g., chapter deletion or out-of-order chapters) because each chapter opens with just the POV character's name, e.g. "Bran" or "Arya," not "Chapter 1: Bran" or even "Arya III."

I couldn't stop listening to Clash of Kings and finished it in less than a week. I'm downloading the Storm of Swords audio book as I type. It's almost 48 hours of listening! Listening to these books is like having a full time job. Except that it's riveting. If you have the time I highly recommend getting the audiobooks. The only problem for me is I'm checking them out of the library and I can't renew them because other people are also waiting for them. So- as soon as it's downloaded a listening marathon will begin!

Do you listen to the Roy Dotrice audiobooks, he is great at reading the books with varies voices.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roy Dotrice was at his best voicing Tyrion's Trial by Combat...YOU RAPED HER! YOU MURDERED HER! YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN!

He was at his worst voicing Missandei, it was just weird

Yes missandei was even irritating but his imagination and keeping to the accents is awesome.

IMO best voice was the hound.

Archived