‘The Last Kingdom’ - based on Bernard Cornwell’s The Saxon series

AncalagonTheBlack

[spoiler] So that is Daddy Uhtred, Brother Uhtred, Main Uhtred=Osbert=>Uhtred The First, Baby Uhtred, Uhtred=>Judas, Osbert=>Uhtred The Second

And then probably some children of his uncle? Uhtred the cousin who has also a child called Uhtred?

Very complicated!

I prefer his daughter name who was named by Gisela [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Yeah, Aelfric's son Uhtred, the now ruler of Bebbanburg and his son, Uhtred (whom our Uhtred briefly kidnaps in Pagan Lord)

But I suppose it makes a change from a lot of books/shows where no-one ever has the same first name[/spoiler]

All this cool television running in October and November, but I'm traveling non-stop from Oct. 1 until Thanksgiving.  Then it's the holiday haze . . . .

I'll try to catch up on all this by reading you guys -- remember, I'm counting on you!  :thumbsup:

The Last Kingdom Trailer: "I Have Sworn an Oath" (BBC America)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9u_xXnanE

Non-U.S. regions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_S6BAc6WZU

I have to say,the BBC have so far done a shit job of promoting this online.OTOH,BBC America has been putting out trailers/clips regularly.

How much material will be covered by the first season? Some of these trailers hint at the Pale Horseman, too.

Yeah the whole "I swore an Oath" bit sounded to me like Uhtred and Ragnar talking in the occupied city during Guthrum's invasion in Pale Horseman but it could be from when Uhtred is a hostage of the Danes in the first invasion in Last Kingdom (though they might roll both of Guthrum's invasions of Wessex into one)

• 1 month later...

So what's the deal with Uhtred's sister that they took after the attack? Uhtred saw her and she saw him, but he never said anything about it to anyone, not even young Ragnar. It seems really odd.

She saw him , but he didn't see her, he was focused on killing his Uncle's man.

Got to say, this is a truly outstanding series. Just watched episode 4 and just very impressed with the acting, the way everything looks.

I wish there were more than 8 episodes. Has anyone heard about the show being renewed? The other books are readily available for adaptation.

Got to say, this is a truly outstanding series. Just watched episode 4 and just very impressed with the acting, the way everything looks.

I wish there were more than 8 episodes. Has anyone heard about the show being renewed? The other books are readily available for adaptation.

I haven't heard anything about them renewing for another season. It would be a damn shame if they don't. This is an excellent show and the story deserves more seasons. 

Episode 6 was another good one. Not my favorite of the season but still quite good. 

Leofric looks to be taking Steapas spot completely which isn't surprising at this point if just a touch disappointing. I really enjoy the actor of Leofric, he has good comedic timing. In fact the show itself is pretty damn funny.  Skorpa was badass

Archived