Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

EruditeFool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I participated in the Collaborative Writing Challenge's Steampunk project The Army of Brass.  (I think I was told that I was responsible for 20% of the final project, but that is just a guestimate).  The book is available for pre-order.  Worth every penny of that .99 price!  (Or free if you have Kindle Unlimited)

Army of Brass on Amazon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heirloom of the Rusks, by Lucas d'Aquina (yours truly).

https://www.goalpublications.com/store/p15/heirloom-of-the-rusks-print

A 370 pages High Fantasy adventure, with rabbits and terror wraiths made of liquid metal.

In the far north, there is a small country known as the Flower Valley, inhabited by a race of sentient rabbits called leporines. For centuries they have lived under the protection of the Rim Mountains surrounding them, settled their land in peace and built a prosperous agrarian society with semi-egalitarian traits, and soon the Midsummer celebrations will herald their sixth century of settling their land. 

One not too much invested in that endeavour is Cinnabar Rusk, adolescent son of the matriarch Claudia - an overweight dreamer who prefers reading about ancient elvish myths and heroes. The time he doesn't spend reading he plots to impress Lyra Mársk, a sapphire-eyed juvenile doe with fur as white as snow... 

On the eve of the midsummer celebrations, what must not happen does, as a mighty earthquake makes the Rim collapse, and their country is invaded by strafers, creatures born out of living metal, whose magic leporine valour and cunning cannot match.

Cinnabar finds himself torn between flame and family, as the world he had taken for granted is falling around him and he struggles to cope with the new reality.

A rather fun and non-formulaic story to write. I hope that readers will become equally entertained :)

Edited by Lucas_d_Aquina

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREDEER and AN AMERICAN WEREDEER IN MICHIGAN is now available audiobook, paperback, and ebook form.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Weredeer-Bright-Falls-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B075TTN2FN/

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weredeer-Michigan-Bright-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B076DPQVH6/

Do you find shifters deerlightful?

Are you ready to break out of the herd?

Then read the Bright Falls Mysteries!

• 1 month later...

My novel, Resurrection Men, 1st book in the Sooty Feathers series, is now available for pre-order as an ebook, to be released on 31 August.  The paperback will be released on 22 October.  Elsewhen Press is the publisher.

Below is a link to the press release.

http://elsewhen.press/wp/wp-content/uploads/collateral/06Aug2018.PR.pdf

I've created a public facebook page (called David Craig - author) which has photos from places used in the novel.  I'm happy to friend anyone, but it is fully public. 

https://www.facebook.com/sooty.feathers.7

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for this update, but I got my first review here. :)

"
Cinnabar's people live comfortable, peaceful lives, until the mountains fall and war sweeps down on them without warning...

A race of critters almost exactly like rabbits lives in a valley protected by a ring of mountains. Divided by family clans that serve as a caste system, the Leporines are mainly concerned with their harvest, their local politics, and their love lives...until a natural disaster unleashes an enemy like nothing they have seen before. Suddenly, the entire population is on the run and under attack, and the costs are amazingly high.

Cinnabar Rusk is a member of the elite clan of Leporines. He's a bit plump, a bit of a dreamer, and a good guy with a huge crush on the most popular girl in town. When the disaster begins, Cinnie rises to the occasion, using his knowledge of history and myth to save his friends and family and guide them toward safety, if such a thing still exists in the Valley.

Heirloom of the Rusks is an epic story that contrasts the tragedy of war and abuse against a backdrop of whimsy and fairytale. It began a little slow but, once the action hit, was unbelievably gripping, sweet, heartbreaking, and lyrical. The characters are delightful, fully envisioned, and touching. Each has their own goals, challenges, and deep conflicts. The world is so fully built to be Tolkien-esque.  I'm not certain I'm allowed to say "I loved this book," but I did. It put a knot in my stomach and brought tears to my eyes more than once.

The writing is fluid and smooth, and my sole quibble would be that the author repeats the same word close together quite a bit, something that could have been easily resolved during editing, and also uses some "pet" words (like purling) enough times that they become jarring and pull you out of the story for just a second. Very minor nitpicks for a story that was such a glorious ride overall.

I highly recommend Heirloom of the Rusks to any reader of fantasy, in particular epic fantasy, or to anyone who loves a strong character-driven story and who isn't afraid of a powerful tale that will hit you in the gut more than once."

https://furrybookreview.wixsite.com/blog/single-post/2018/08/20/Heirloom-of-the-Rusks-by-Lucas-DAquina

Edited by Lucas_d_Aquina

20 hours ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

My (very) short campanological fantasy, The Mystery of the Nineteen Bells, is now available for general consumption at Wild Musette Journal:

https://wildmusette.com/blogs/wild-musette-journal/the-mystery-of-the-nineteen-bells

I'm thinking of the Hydrogen Sonata. Or about the attempt to make the shortest possible way through 4-2 in Super Mario bros 3.

My debut novel, Resurrection Men by David Craig, book 1 of the Sooty Feathers series, has released today as an ebook!

it's available on Amazon, iTunes and other ebook vendors.  Elsewhen Press is the publisher.

If anyone reads it, any reviews are greatly appreciated.  The paperback release will be around the 22 October.

I managed to successfully get a Book Bub for Lucifer's Star, which is like the holy grail for Indie book publishing. I'm really proud of my "R-rated Star Wars" and hope people with an extra 99 cents to spare will give it a try.

Proton swords, starfighters, android rebellions, and the question of who is the bad guy in war.

https://www.bookbub.com/books/lucifer-s-star-by-c-t-phipps-and-michael-suttkus?ebook_deal

Edited by C.T. Phipps

On 8/31/2018 at 7:14 AM, Derfel Cadarn said:

My debut novel, Resurrection Men by David Craig, book 1 of the Sooty Feathers series, has released today as an ebook!

it's available on Amazon, iTunes and other ebook vendors.  Elsewhen Press is the publisher.

If anyone reads it, any reviews are greatly appreciated.  The paperback release will be around the 22 October.

Congratulations! I bought my copy yesterday and made a start, will make the time to review it since it’s a board member :) enjoying it so far though. You like detailing what clothes everyone wears huh? (Not a criticism, just an observation)

I don’t know how sales notifications work, but didn’t it feel good to see your first ebook sale?