Metal Thread Vol. VIII -- The Angry Red Planet

Xray the Enforcer

I've been wallowing in Riot. My god, they were just so fucking good. I urge you all to get a copy of Fire Down Under and sing the chorus to Outlaw with me and Mr. X.

Bet your life on the silver ball

Spin it 'round the wheel

Will it land on the black or the red?

The outlaw's got no deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYoKqhsUFuw

Well, that'll be stuck in my brain for forever.

what about the new Nightwish album?

I posted my initial reactions in the previous page, here it is :

Nightwish's Endless Forms Most Beautiful...

Didnt really know what to think of the album at first (I wanted way more Marco's vocals, I was so expecting his voice to respond to Floor's ! So yeah, way less Marco singing than onImaginaerum, that's a let down for me).

But the more I listen to it the more I love it. It's a very deep and intimate album somehow, full of layers, hidden gems in the songs and most of all wonderful lyrics. Tuomas never disapoints on that front, he's a beautiful poet !

Of course if you've never liked or understood Nightwish, just move away, it wont talk to you at all. But for those who can dive and drown in their universe, just go !

I used to growl and write lyrics for a couple of bands, but it's been a while.

Most my lyrics were stories I created but they had strong fantasy and sci-fi influence ! ;)

I used to growl and write lyrics for a couple of bands, but it's been a while.

Most my lyrics were stories I created but they had strong fantasy and sci-fi influence ! ;)

Awesome! You ever record anything?

I am the vocalist for an upcoming Culinary Deathgrind band called Forcemeat. Our songs are about food and cooking mainly, but brutal.

Haha, sounds awesome. I hope this is true. There are tons of pro-vegan / veggie bands out there, where are the pro-meat groups?

You better listen to Emissaries sometime soon then. Fantastic album.

I've only managed one listen of Enki so far, so I can't pass any judgement yet, but I have a feeling I will be liking it.

The new Blind Guardian is not really doing it for me. Some good songs, but too many that are just kinda... okay? Plus the mix is awful and makes listening in the car... difficult. Definitely not their worst album but kinda middle-of-the-pack and fairly unexciting.

I'm really kinda digging the new Sylosis album though even if it has no business being over an hour long. I never listened to them before but I picked it up at random at a music shop a couple weeks back and I'm glad I did. Some pretty killer thrash-y-whatever-the-fuck-genre this is.

Really depends on the type black metal. Black metal with heavy folk or atmospheric elements? Yes please.

I can't get enough of that stuff. For Folk Black Metal I recommend Drudkh, and for atmospheric I HIGHLY recommend you listen to the album "Lost Horizons of Wisdom" by Evilfeast. In my opinion it's the best atmospheric black metal album out there. All done by one guy from Poland; Grimspirit.

yeah, especially old school, Bathory, Hellhammer, Emperor, Darkthrone...

Bathory, Unholy Trinity-era Darkthrone, and early Burzum are among my favourites of all time. Burzum will always be my absolute favourite.

I'm seeing the Pallbearer/Converge/At the Gates tour later this month.

Mostly going for Converge to be honest, one of the few really heavy bands I still get down with nowadays. Pallbearer I remember liking a lot when I first listened to their newest album, though it kinda got old at a certain point for me, but they probably put on a good show. I'll probably leave before AtG to be honest, not really a fan of theirs at all *...hides*.

But looking forward nonetheless

Archived