Most Despicable Act in the Series

SeanF

Just finished reading what Tywin did to the Reynes, and that was pretty fucking despicable.

That's weird, I think it's a fairly good tactic.

He avoided a siege, avoided a protracted battle, and won unconditionally.

It's a bit like dropping a bomb on the place.

The Reynes didn't think Tywin would destroy them utterly but, really, the choice was Tywin's people or the Reynes.

Would we blame Daeny if she burned their castle to ash?

• 3 weeks later...

The Ironborn leader who had his own Lannister mother brutally tortured and mutilated beyond repair for no reason.

I suddenly felt no sympathy for the Ironborn when the Lannisters caused mass destruction on the Iron Islands that caused centuries of damage when they saw what happened to her.

Can anyone tell me more about this?

Certainly not the most despicable act, but an honorable mention goes to the events surrounding Joffrey's ascension. Cersei's manipulation of Sansa, Littlefingers connivance, the subtle hints about what happened to Jeyne Poole, orchestrating the death of the king, framing Ned as a traitor and the murder (in effect) of the Stark household in Kings Landing.

For the greatest single "act", I'd say the sack of Kings Landing. It's only ever mentioned for how horrible it was. The betrayal is one thing, but the associated violence and brutality was largely unnecessary. And, included in this event is the rape and murder of Elia and her children.

I haven' read twoiaf yet, could you please explain the blood and cheese incident?

After Aemond killed Lucerys Velaryon ( the son of Rhaenyra ) at Storm's end, Rhaenyra collapsed when she heard the news. So prince Daemon dicided to take revenge against the greens, "an eye for an eye" he told her. Prince Daemon hired two assassins from King's Landing (they later were called Blood and Cheese, Blood was a former serjeant of the gold cloaks and Cheese was a rat catcher in the Red Keep ) to sneak into the Red Keep and kill one of Queen Haelena children. When Blood and Cheese were alone with the Queen and her three children they asked her witch of her two sons should die, at first Haelena refused to choose, offering her own life instead, but Blood said that if she wouldn't choose her little daughter would get raped. So at last she dicided to kill Maelor, her youngest son. Instead of killing Maelor, Blood and Cheese killed the other son Jaehaerys.

So when they left Haelena Targaryen had to live with the fact that she chose for Maelor to die and Maelor had to live with the fact that his mother wanted him dead, the mother killed herself and and her children were taken care of by their grandmother Alicent.

so yeah, very despicable.

Can anyone tell me more about this?

After his elder brother died, ( a king who was in Peace with the west and was against the Old Way, a king who would rather trade with the other kingdoms like his Lannister mother taught him ) his brother Hagon Hoare , known as Hagon the Hartless became king, he was in favor of the Old way and Reaving, so he destroyed everything every Sept on the Iron Islands and he allowed his mother to be mutilated. his own mother :crying:

but at the end the Lannister king made Hagon pay for his crimes by doing everything to him that he did to his mother.

What BR did to Aenys Blackfyre. The killing of the Young Dragon under a peace banner.

He chose to give up his honor for the good of the seven kingsdoms, it is better to kill a king than to allow thousand of men die for him. I agree that it was despicable but he had his political reasons.

After his elder brother died, ( a king who was in Peace with the west and was against the Old Way, a king who would rather trade with the other kingdoms like his Lannister mother taught him ) his brother Hagon Hoare , known as Hagon the Hartless became king, he was in favor of the Old way and Reaving, so he destroyed everything every Sept on the Iron Islands and he allowed his mother to be mutilated. his own mother :crying:

but at the end the Lannister king made Hagon pay for his crimes by doing everything to him that he did to his mother.

That's even worse than blood and cheese or Elia and her children fate.

The Ironborn leader who had his own Lannister mother brutally tortured and mutilated beyond repair for no reason.

Actually I think the text implies that guy wasn't in control at that point. The priests were.

On the side of non-murderous horrific actions (or rather, not regularly murderous), I think a big FU-award has to go out to Craster. And apparently his backwards-in-time protege, Aegon IV, who may well have had simultanious relations with the first woman he'd ever lain with and her daughter, who was also probably his own daughter as well.

Stay classy boys, stay classy.

Actually I think the text implies that guy wasn't in control at that point. The priests were.

He at least turned a blind eye. You don't torture and mutilate a King's mother and then send her back to her extremely powerful family, while sparing her son (the King), unless he approves of those actions. Why else would he be called "the Heartless"?

I'm sure it was the Shrike's idea though - the guy sounds nearly demonic. The first thing any would-be conqueror of the Isles needs to do is hunt down and kill all the priests

He chose to give up his honor for the good of the seven kingsdoms, it is better to kill a king than to allow thousand of men die for him. I agree that it was despicable but he had his political reasons.

aerys planed to win the throne. with diplomatic mean's via great council.

it would have been a blood less accession.

He at least turned a blind eye. You don't torture and mutilate a King's mother and then send her back to her extremely powerful family, while sparing her son (the King), unless he approves of those actions. Why else would he be called "the Heartless"?

He could be called the heartless for all sorts of reasons, because it depends who was calling him that. If it was that very act for which the Lannisters called him "the heartless", well...

I read that entire sequence of that King not being in control of what was happening. Sure, since he benefits he went along with all of it, but had he not done so, a grusome death was probably in store for him as well.

He could be called the heartless for all sorts of reasons, because it depends who was calling him that. If it was that very act for which the Lannisters called him "the heartless", well...

What I meant was, given that he was called "the Heartless" and was allied with the Shrike and Drowned Men, I think it's safe to conclude that he consented to what happened to his mother. I was just happy to hear he suffered the same fate as her

It was probably the Shrike's idea though, I'll grant. Just his name gives me the creeps...

I would buy that if it stopped the Blackfyre rebellions but it didn't. There's no proof that Aenys was planning to attack if he wasn't named King

Archived