Most Despicable Act in the Series

SeanF

In my opinion, nothing beats the Red Wedding for despicable. Plenty of other things were evil, shocking, and cruel, sometimes on monstrous scales, but the Red Wedding is unique in its mix of dishonesty, desecration, and scale of slaughter all wrapped into one. No other event pulled all those three kinds of evil together so thoroughly.

You do know that 'decimating' a force means depleting one in 10. Decimating someones forces by burning them alive from the sky is disgusting. Its like dropping nepalm on Vietnam.

No, not really. It's like dropping bombs on a contemporary army, i.e., something we do all the time.

The Ironborn leader who had his own Lannister mother brutally tortured and mutilated beyond repair for no reason.

I suddenly felt no sympathy for the Ironborn when the Lannisters caused mass destruction on the Iron Islands that caused centuries of damage when they saw what happened to her.

Omg yes. I felt so sorry for her. I don't understand how people likes Ironborn. They disgust me.

I disagree about bloodraven killing aenys blackfyre, not after suffering through a brutal civil war. I don't think it's bad to capture and kill someone who's going to plague the land with warfare unless his ambitions are realised. Sure it's impolite but getting your head swiftly cut off is hardly the most brutal way to die. What Is the short end to one man in comparison to the suffering of many.

I think the dothraki are scum. Same with the iron born, they are basically bandits.

BR promised Aenys safe passage to KL..... That's how he got "captured". That's what makes it a despicable act.

I don't think its been mentioned & while I'm not sure its the most despicable its definitely up there: Ramsay locking Lady Hornwood in a tower to starve to death. The woman ate her own fingers for gods sake :'( that's just horrible.

I think the true answer to "most despicable act in the series" should be "Ramsay's existence"

BR promised Aenys safe passage to KL..... That's how he got "captured". That's what makes it a despicable act.

And don't forget, Aenys was on his way to the Great Council, hoping "that his words would win him the Iron Throne that his forebears had thrice failed to win with swords." He was hoping, in other words, for a legitimate, peaceful avenue to the throne. That's a perfectly defensible agenda. I think Bloodraven was acting more out of personal hatred for the Blackfyres and Bittersteel than the actual good of the realm.

I don't think its been mentioned & while I'm not sure its the most despicable its definitely up there: Ramsay locking Lady Hornwood in a tower to starve to death. The woman ate her own fingers for gods sake :'( that's just horrible.

And he flayed her fingers first. She didn't eat her fingers because she was hungry. She did it to stop the pain, like Theon did.

The Ironborn leader who had his own Lannister mother brutally tortured and mutilated beyond repair for no reason.

I suddenly felt no sympathy for the Ironborn when the Lannisters caused mass destruction on the Iron Islands that caused centuries of damage when they saw what happened to her.

That was pretty awful. And then they have the brilliant idea to send her mutilated back to Casterly Rock

Archived