Ancient races of the world

ssls6

Lhazarene looks more like Jogos Nhai and Dothraki than Ghiscari imo.

True, the Lhazarene could be another group that traversed the Bone Mountains after the Doom, related to the Dothraki. However, I think the Jogos Nhai are an off-shoot of the Yi Ti that have a similar nomadic adaptation to the Dothraki, but very different culturally and physically. :)

I was realy disappointed to realize WOIAF ends with Asshai and there was no mention of the Winged Man. As I hoped for a connections between, Tales that the Asshai told the Valyrians how to ride Dragons, Targaryen misshaped Babys with wings and scales and the Winged Man. As the Winged Man are close to Asshai and every freaking way of Magic is welcome in Asshai I think there have to be some sort of a connection between Asshai, Winged Man and Targaryens.

Brindeld Man and Ibbenese have the same Origins in my Opinion.

People on the Isles of Toads, Squishers, Claw Isle men and Sistermen (who seem to have "swim skin" berween their fingers) Deep Ones Merlings, seems to be related.

And what I find very intresting is, that there was no mention (or I missed it) about First Men in Essos and what drove them off there? So I guess First Men and Andals are geneticly the same. First Men just got told the Knowledge of working steel, and traveling the Sea (partly or completely by the Rhoynar) and they have evolved a Religion. But it is not known what the former Religion of the First Men was.

I think the original religion of the First Men was probably a pantheon of Gods, possibly with emphasis on the Gods/Goddesses of the sea and sky. After all, Storm King Durran was, according to legend, married to the daughter of the Sea God and Wind Goddess. That doesn't fit with either the Faith of the Seven or the Old Gods. And then you have the Lady of the Waves and the Lord of the Skies who were worshiped by the Sistermen prior to the Andals' arrival, as well as the Drowned God and Storm God of the Ironborn.

From what I gathered, there were primarily two ancient populations of humans in western Essos in the Dawn Age: in the north there were the Fisher Queens that were ancestral to the light skinned Sarnori, Andals, and First Men; and in the south there were the olive-skinned Ghiscari that were ancestral to the Lhazarene and possibly Rhoynar. Also there were the light-skinned Qaarthi, now limited to Qarth (which may be related to the Patrimony of Hyrkoon and proto-Valyrians). :)

The Sarnori were not light skinned. They are described as... "Long of limb and brown of skin they were, like the Zoqora, though their hair and eyes were black as night."

I still have an overwhelming feeling that the others are a perversion of one of the missing ancient races. Maybe shadows made physical through ice. All the other ancient races make sense at some level except for the others. They are so inorganic and magical.

Archived