Daenerys Three Treasons

Edmund Waters

A summary of what we can be basically certain of, with some fairly likely bits added in with question marks.

Three fires you must light: One for life and one for death and one for love.

One: Fire that birthed the dragons

Two: ???

Three: ???

Three mounts you must ride: One to bed and one to dread and one to love.

One: Drogo/his gift horse

Two: Her dragons (?)

Three betrayals you will know: One for blood, one for gold and one for love.

One: Mirri Maaz Dur (?)

Two: Jorah (?)

My lists:

Three fires you must light: One for life and one for death and one for love.

One: dragon no.1 for life (Visarion)

Two: dragon no.2 for death (Rhaegal)

Three: dragon no.3 to love (Drogon)

Three mounts you must ride: One to bed and one to dread and one to love.

One: Drogo (to get pregnant)

Two: Greyjoy (to get ships)

Three: Jon (no idea why)

Three betrayals you will know: One for blood, one for gold and one for love.

One: (?) Stannis (false AA)

Two 1: Dany (buying the unsullied with a Dargon that is no slave)

Two 2: someone (false Targaryen)

Three: (?) Mel (false god)

Lann_Boys'Girl, you prompted me to do some more research on this thread. I started thinking the other night when reading the prophecy again and thought the text immediately after it in the chapter might be relevant.

I am now crazy enough to believe that the undying ones do exactly as Danny asks and show her all of the 9 things they just prophesied. So how do I see them? Here you go:

The third possibility (similar to that mentioned by Barba). In the third treason that she "knows" she is neither the betrayer or the betrayed. Rather, someone betrays for her.

So... instead of Jon betraying her for the Watch, maybe he betrays the Watch for her.

In fact... I'll take it one step further.

Perhaps in one of the three betrayals she "sknows" she's the betrayed, in another she's the betrayer and in the thrid she's the one that benefits from the betrayal.

• 2 weeks later...

When we are talking about betrayals, it was never said that She will be betrayed three times, but that She will know three betrayals.

I'am sure that first one must be Miir Maz Dur. She betrayed Dany for blood, becoese dothraki killed her people, but Dany betrayed her too becouse of blood. She burned Her becouse She was responsible for deaths of those that She loved (Drogo, and her unborn).

I dont belive for moment that Jorah was one ment to betray her for gold. It must be Ilyrio, if not him, then Dariio, but that is less probable.

Last betrayal, one becouse of love might even save her. I'am quite sure that Jorah earned his royal pardon, and it is most definite that He will face Dany again. This time they will be on oposite sides, and He will save Her (probably sacrifising his life in proces) becouse He loves her. This is My little pet theory

Neither here nor there, but I have to publicly admit that on my first reading of LotR, I didn't know whether Frodo would make it or not!!!! :blush: I was a wide-eyed innocent through the whole thing. You can imagine how I felt during Shelob's attack.

As for the three treasons, I'm with Dante Gabriel - waiting for GRRM to let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Why Jon with Daenarys? There is no link between them.

And I think that a Wolf and a Dragon don't match together... except a winged wolf, but it's Brandon.

No, I think the treason for love will be Ser Jorah... He has disapeared too quickly.

Archived