Daenerys Three Treasons

Edmund Waters

My bet on the betrayal for love is Tyrion. I mean, GRRM has already made the perfect set up for it.

Ok, to clear everything up.

In SoS, her three treasons were already fullfilled.

One being Duur for blood(KoS)

Two being Mormont for gold(SoS)

(He betrayed her because he gave varys info behind her back for gold)

Three also being Mormont, for love(SoS)

this one occurred right as he was being banished from Daenerys's "small council" you could say.

Page:Page 813, Storm of Swords

Exert:"I protected you. I fought for you.Killed for you."

kissed me,she thought,betrayed me.

"I went down into the sewers like a rat. For you."

It might have been kinder if you'd died there.Dany said nothing. There was nothing to say.

"Daenerys," he said, "I have loved you."

And there it was. Three treasons will you know. Once for blood and once for gold and once for love.

There you have it. So to write and think of theories about the third and final betrayel, it is for nigh ill, as it has already occured in the third book of the series.

Nothing is ever certain.

I like the idea that the Undying Ones actually showed her the truth, or the idea that they in a final twist of spite lied to her ;)

On a different note, I think that if Tyrion is to betray Dany, it could be for Tysha if he finally finds her.

Ok, I don't belive noone did this yet, so I will. Here is the Quote from the book

Check this: first two lines say must you ride and must you light. But third says will you know. Also in in first 2 lines are words one, and in third are once. Why is this? I'm sure George was thinking how to form this propercy very hard, and there is reason why this last line is a bit different. What do you think it is?

Here is what I think:

It literally says she will ride 3 mounts and that she will light 3 fires. It is something she will do. But it also says that she will know 3 treasons. It, acually dosen't say someone will betray her. It could be that she will betray someone (when she got her Unussulied - it is a betrayal), or (very little likley) someone will betray someone else, and that betrayal will teach her something.

Ok, to clear everything up.

In SoS, her three treasons were already fullfilled.

One being Duur for blood(KoS)

Two being Mormont for gold(SoS)

(He betrayed her because he gave varys info behind her back for gold)

Three also being Mormont, for love(SoS)

this one occurred right as he was being banished from Daenerys's "small council" you could say.

Page:Page 813, Storm of Swords

Exert:"I protected you. I fought for you.Killed for you."

kissed me,she thought,betrayed me.

"I went down into the sewers like a rat. For you."

It might have been kinder if you'd died there.Dany said nothing. There was nothing to say.

"Daenerys," he said, "I have loved you."

And there it was. Three treasons will you know. Once for blood and once for gold and once for love.

There you have it. So to write and think of theories about the third and final betrayel, it is for nigh ill, as it has already occured in the third book of the series.

• 4 weeks later...

These are all shaky. For one, if you're correct, then these would be the only trio that appear out of order in the vision, relating the order in which the prophecies are described to the visions themselves. The order was (life, death, love), (red sword in Stannis' hands, cloth dragon, stone beast). I have a tough time correlating those together, though.

Although the nine prophecies and the nine visions seem oodly coincidental, I am not completely convinced that are related. I found this at the Tower of the hand. Notice how at the end of each vision prophesy you have the lines ...daughter of death, or slayer of lies, or bride of death. While some of the visions seem to explain or relate to the Fires , Mounts and Treasons prohecies, you would have to take them out of order.

So , I think they are seperate explanantions and unrelated.

ETA: scroll down to around the middle of link to find "House of Undyind". ;)

Treason for Blood

"A tall lord with copper skin and silver-gold hair stood beneath the banner of a fiery stallion, a burning city behind him." This is Rhaego that was taken from Danny. I justify this by the dream Danny has just after he is taken from her, "She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud, with Drogo's copper skin and her own silver-gold hair, violet eyes shaped like almonds. And he smiled for her and began to lift his hand toward hers, but when he opened his mouth the fire poured out. She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash. She wept for her child, the promise of a sweet mouth on her breast, but her tears turned to steam as they touched her skin." The treason was commited against Rhaego who was to be the stallion who mounted the world.

Fire for Death

"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow." I think this is Stannis and Danny will hopefully burn him.

Fire to Love

"A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd." I think this represents the fire of the dragons that Danny lit and it will bring her the love of the people.

Fire for Life

"From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire." I think this is the dragon that Melisandre has been trying to raise for Stannis. Perhaps Danny will be the one to finally burn the royal blood to make this happen and wake the stone dragon.

"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

I agree that this one is probably supposed to be Stannis. The truth to find in this case being that he's in fact not Azor Ahai reborn.

"A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd."

This is the dragon from show that Cersei got imprisoned. I'm sure that he symbolizes deceit and lies. Someone will be what he doesn't seem, perhaps one of "Targ" loyalists on her side is just a "cloth" dragon.

"From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire."

This is the dragon Melisandre is trying to awake. She will sacrifice someone of great importance, but will fail to wake him. "Shadow fire" is pointing both to Melisandre and that stone dragon would never breath any "real" fire.

Oh I think Mel DEFINITELY isn't what she claims to be. Her magic seems to be closer to what MMD did then the kinds of magic Thoros did (after resurrecting Beric). The sword that Stannis wields LOOKS like it burns, but no heat comes from it; Beric's flaming sword was actually on fire. I don't know what she is, but I don't think she's no priestess of R'hillor....she's just way too creepy. I mean, there are good and evil people in all lines of work and she could just be an eeeevil priestess of Rhillor, but I think it's more likely that she's a shadow maegi/illusionist. I'm not sure if she's just totally making up what she claims to see in the flames, or if she sees things but interprets them as it suits her purposes without regard for the truth, either way her "prophecies" are definitely twisted.

But I think the truth will come out the first time Stannis faces an Other and they laugh at his fake "flaming" sword.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make much sense to me. It's true that there are both good and evil aspects in life, but death is a natural "part of" life as well. If the same god is enough for every aspect of life (including good and evil), why is a counterpart necessary for death when that's also a natural part of life? (And doesn't Mel herself claim that the Great Other is evil (though I'm not sure she uses that particular word for it)? How does that fit if he's the god of death while evil is a part of life?)

Besides, the differences we've seen between Mel and Thoros so far are not primarily a difference between a good and evil aspect of the same thing (worship of the same god). It's rather that Mel's words and actions doesn't seem to fit with what she claims to be. Her arguments regarding shadows for instance. She claims a shadow is a child of light when in reality a shadow is the absence of light (though in a specific place that's surrounded by light rather than darkness in general).

Archived