Daenerys Three Treasons

Edmund Waters

Well, first of all, hello, I'm new to the forum, not from an english speaking country (forget the errors), and as I noted, I used the search to find some thread about the three treasons of Daenerys, but couldn't find anything. So...

We have three treasons:

-One for blood (that's supposed to be Miir Maz Dur's)

-One for gold (Jorah Mormont's, as it seems)

-One for love (not yet)

So thinking about it I came to the theory (maybe not so original) that the treason for love will not be that one person betrays Daenerys for love, but that Daenerys betrays herself for love (maybe Jon?)

The other think is that the three treasons haven't happened yet... I wonder...

Well, first of all, hello, I'm new to the forum, not from an english speaking country (forget the errors), and as I noted, I used the search to find some thread about the three treasons of Daenerys, but couldn't find anything. So...

We have three treasons:

-One for blood (that's supposed to be Miir Maz Dur's)

-One for gold (Jorah Mormont's, as it seems)

-One for love (not yet)

So thinking about it I came to the theory (maybe not so original) that the treason for love will not be that one person betrays Daenerys for love, but that Daenerys betrays herself for love (maybe Jon?)

The other think is that the three treasons haven't happened yet... I wonder...

Daario is just a matter of lust, not love. She has no emotional attachment toward him.

But back to topic: this is really a tough riddle to figure out. For gold? Jorah seems possible, but very uncertain, since her safely was never really threatened by Jorah's reports to Westeros. Betryal, it seems to me, should require more dramatic results. So who else in her company may be tempted by gold? Daario surely. But then again Dany seems sensible enough a girl to not to trust him much in the first place.

Love? That is even tougher to guess. It implies someone betraying her to satisfy their love for someone else. Who's in love in this story? I can't think of anyone right now. Most don't even seem emotionally capable. Littlefinger, the Greyjoys, Jaime, Tyrion, Sansa... They are all either too selfish and brutal or emotionally scarred for love, let alone a love so great to betray Dany, who could offer them power and glory beyond counting. Jon alone seems capable. But he seems to be made for Dany -- so who else can he love to betray Dany? Melisandre?

Which sort of brings me to this: I've read more than a few posts on this board that say they don't think a Jon/Dany match will happen because that would be too predictable. But why should that be a bad thing? By creating so many twists and turns GRRM has already made the series too long. Sooner or later he needs to tighten things up and get the story moving. Something predictable won't necessarily be a bad thing, if he can write it well (and he certainly can). After all, who had ever doubted that Frodo would successfully complete the ring quest? And yet LORT is still the monument that it is.

Well, in fact, I thought that Dany will fall in love with Jon, but not the other way. Hence, the betrayal by love by herself (with an action that I can't see by now). And if it is predictable, what? maybe it is so predictable that we think: "it can't happen, to easy". So GRRM takes a note and some months later, tachaa! we have Dany and Jon. No one can believe it because it was to easy.

You must think like Littlefinger, because when you read the game of thrones you win or you die :)

I'm not really convinced Jorah constitutes one of the prophesised treasons. It just seems that a prophesised event should be kind of obvious once it's happened and this just isn't. I still wouldn't go so far as to say it couldn't be but I won't be surprised if something else happens that more clearly is one of them. Assuming of course that this is one of the true prophesies.

The thought of Dany being the betrayer is interesting but I don't think there's enough to go on yet to say for certain. The incident with MMD could definitely work both ways.

Which sort of brings me to this: I've read more than a few posts on this board that say they don't think a Jon/Dany match will happen because that would be too predictable. But why should that be a bad thing? By creating so many twists and turns GRRM has already made the series too long. Sooner or later he needs to tighten things up and get the story moving. Something predictable won't necessarily be a bad thing, if he can write it well (and he certainly can). After all, who had ever doubted that Frodo would successfully complete the ring quest? And yet LORT is still the monument that it is.

Dany being the betrayer would be interesting. Did the book not say she would light three pyres and then mention the blue rose in the wall of ice? Or I could be remembering out of order. I am very sleepy. Maybe she gets Jon killed somehow.

I think Dario is there to tell us she likes dangerous men, as people have said. I think it's important because I see her falling for Victarion. He may betray her somehow in his quest to get back at Euron for love of his wife.

Archived