Are you angry on Tywin that ICE was melted down?

Sir Bronn

Well , so awesome weapon.Probably one of the deadliest.Two handed sword , valyrian steel swords weight less and are sharper ,so ice is and awesome sword.

Tywin melted it down.I understand if it was a random valyrian steel sword , but that was kind of a historical sword.It should be kept as an antique or something like that.When Ned killed Dayne , he gave Dawn to House Dayne.Tywin should at least spare it in one piece.

Between Elia's fate and Red wedding, with treatment of Tyrion as the bonus card, I honestly am not that angry about this, That being said, I hope that the imaginary hell of GRRM's creation is giving him some hard times.

Well , so awesome weapon.Probably one of the deadliest.Two handed sword , valyrian steel swords weight less and are sharper ,so ice is and awesome sword.

Tywin melted it down.I understand if it was a random valyrian steel sword , but that was kind of a historical sword.It should be kept as an antique or something like that.When Ned killed Dayne , he gave Dawn to House Dayne.Tywin should at least spare it in one piece.

Yep, it was dumb of Tywin to melt down Ice. He probably could have kept it for himself.

Yeah it was a jerk thing to do, but let's be honest. Had the Starks beaten House Lannister and claimed Brightroar(terrible name and yes I know it's lost) as their own and melted it down into Wolf Fangs or something, a lot of people would be cheering that as a moment of triumph.

The melting of Ice, the staining of it red and Jaime giving it to Brienne to rescue Sansa is full of meaning and symbolism, so as an overall plot device it's been awesome.

Yeah it was a jerk thing to do, but let's be honest. Had the Starks beaten House Lannister and claimed Brightroar(terrible name and yes I know it's lost) as their own and melted it down into Wolf Fangs or something, a lot of people would be cheering that as a moment of triumph.

The melting of Ice, the staining of it red and Jaime giving it to Brienne to rescue Sansa is full of meaning and symbolism, so as an overall plot device it's been awesome.

The Starks would have never kept Brightroar let's remember that Ned even returned Dawn one of the greatest, most valuable swords in the world and even Jon left Longclaw when he was deserting saying it wasn't his to keep.

The Starks would not have kept a sword that belonged to House Lannister.

The Starks would have never kept Brightroar let's remember that Ned even returned Dawn one of the greatest, most valuable swords in the world and even Jon left Longclaw when he was deserting saying it wasn't his to keep.

The Starks would not have kept a sword that belonged to House Lannister.

From a practical standpoint, it was still not a smart move. That sword was made of Valyrian steel; there's only so much of the stuff in Planetos and the supply can only get smaller (unless enough magic returns to create more). One can only assume that some of the stuff was lost in the melting and re-forging, as even the best blacksmith money can buy still can not handle valyrian steel without error.

Tywin could have simply dyed the sword red, named it Sharproar (or some other similar name), and kept it for himself. Than, like Casterley Rock, it could have been handed down to his heir and so forth.

That would accomplish the same thing without destroying precious valyrian steel.

Archived