Game of Thrones Episodic Game Released

Westeros

True, so with 6 episodes about 2 months apart then they should be going until the end of the year.

Eh, they release them when they release them. I wouldn't attempt to put a timetable on it, because you'll inevitably be disappointed.

So far, most interesting choice difference for me is

if you refuse to kneel for Whitehill, you meet his daughter Gwyn at the funeral. She and Asher's love affair got Asher exiled. Also, regarding Elaena, lol, most of the players must be dudes. I didn't find it hard to woo her. Silly Maester, scars are hot once they heal over! At the beginning when I saw the bone saw I also thought Rodrik was going to lose his leg, but that would make getting anywhere beyond the bedroom ridiculously hard. Kudos to the designers for making his first walk feel really precarious. Rodrik needs a badass sword cane like Glokta!

When Whitehill calls you Rodrik the Ruined, I wish there was an option to shout "Wait until I ruin your face!!" but I guess that wouldn't have been dignified.

It also turns out running from the Lannister guard doesn't get Coal Boy killed.

This game continues to impress hugely, although the wait between episodes does not. Another 6 weeks before the next one...

Rodrick is alive! I honestly thought he'd be more crippled than he actually was, and that they were going to amputate his leg because the wound had festered. That would have been very much in keeping with the tone of the books and the show, but they gave him a pass. He's an awesome character though. I felt pretty pleased with myself securing his marriage pact, as it said afterwards only 38% of people managed to do it. Kind of regret having him kiss Whitehall's ring though.

Asha is a pretty kickass character, although I was disappointed they didn't give us more of a reaction about his father's and in particular Rodrick's death (as the messenger would have told him). Would have liked more information about that relationship. On the other hand, looks like he also could be the game's Dany and be stuck in Essos for the remaining episodes. A note on gameplay; the first time they were hiding and the guard was searching for them, I opted to kill the guard and fucked up in the fighting and got myself killed. When it reloaded, I went to the save point before I had to make my decision, and so I changed it. Don't know if this is a mistake on the game's part, but its the first time I've been able to get a second chance at a decision mid-game. I'll be looking out to see how often this happens.

Absolutely love Mira's story. Her dealings with Tyrion, her delicate relationship with Margaery, the interesting twist with her fellow handmaiden. I sort of want to go back now and see what happens if I do forge that letter; I had a strong feeling I would get caught if I did, so I played it safe. When I got to the end, I was shocked to see that more than half the players actually kept the dagger. This is Westeros people, not CSI! They can't take your fingerprints; the only way they can connect you to the dagger is by finding it on you! Get rid of the damn thing!

Though Gared's story probably is the slowest, there's still plenty of positives, including some time with Jon, and the conflicts with other recruits. Would like to go back and see if you can avoid fighting Finn. This arc does promise much for the future though, and if he is made a ranger, we can expect to have a brush with the White Walkers pretty soon.

One final thought: I looked ahead at the episode names, #6 is called "Ice Dragon". :drool:

I think his best bet of getting to Westeros is with Stannis. Stannis will be marching on the Boltons eventually and he'll already be in the north. Maybe even share scenes with Gared at the wall.

Regarding Gared at the Wall

His arc is really bittersweet, on the one hand it is cool to stay at the Wall with Jon and there needs to be a Wall perspective, but whether to stay there or go back for Talia is hard, especially if he's made to say his vows, kind of regretting the "I'll stand with my borthers" line as I want Gared to go back to Ironrath

There is another temptation to want to join Stannis's army with Gared and then he can join in on the march to Deepwood Motte (which going by the council seems the Glovers are be the local regional overlord over them and the Whitehills) and then Winterfell as one of the northerners in Stannis's army and not as some kind of NW deserter. No Wall perspective with that though

This perhaps could be one of the first substantial divergence points?

Not sure how these games work (haven't played Walking Dead etc)

As for Asher, it is a bit like Dany and Viserys, there is this spectre of going back to Westeros lingering in the background but he'll be in the East for the duration of the game in effect

Would be great if there is another divergence option where he could choose either to be near Dany, Tyrion and Jorah with the Second Sons or joing the Golden Company instead and join in on Aegons conquest of Storms End etc, that would be another legitimate divergence option but I don't reckon we have either Aegon in the show based game plus I don't think the central plot is going to change too much)

Regarding Gared at the Wall

His arc is really bittersweet, on the one hand it is cool to stay at the Wall with Jon and there needs to be a Wall perspective, but whether to stay there or go back for Talia is hard, especially if he's made to say his vows, kind of regretting the "I'll stand with my borthers" line as I want Gared to go back to Ironrath

There is another temptation to want to join Stannis's army with Gared and then he can join in on the march to Deepwood Motte (which going by the council seems the Glovers are be the local regional overlord over them and the Whitehills) and then Winterfell as one of the northerners in Stannis's army and not as some kind of NW deserter. No Wall perspective with that though

This perhaps could be one of the first substantial divergence points?

Not sure how these games work (haven't played Walking Dead etc)

As for Asher, it is a bit like Dany and Viserys, there is this spectre of going back to Westeros lingering in the background but he'll be in the East for the duration of the game in effect

Would be great if there is another divergence option where he could choose either to be near Dany, Tyrion and Jorah with the Second Sons or joing the Golden Company instead and join in on Aegons conquest of Storms End etc, that would be another legitimate divergence option but I don't reckon we have either Aegon in the show based game plus I don't think the central plot is going to change too much)

I still think that Asher will find himself in service of the sellswords Stannis brings to the wall. (That's the end of S4, which is when the game should be winding down.) He'll be in the north and fighting the Boltons. (It's not like he can become the Lord now anyway. I think Gared will remain with the watch. (Until it falls apart at least)

Ohoho, I forgot to mention the first Lannister guard Mira encoutners in the garden. Even if you reply, "Is there anything I can do to change your mind," he still tells you to go your room. Nary a lascivious remark! What an upstanding tough but fair pearl of the Lannister houseguard.

Mira's connection with Tyrion is going to blow up in her face post-PW. I hope she and Margaery are still friends by the end of things :frown5:. I don't think Sera is a Cersei spy right now, since they haven't been in KL very long, but she might turn if Cesei implied she'd hook her up with a lordly husband. Hopefully she'll realize her beloved noble was in front of her the whole time. :laugh:

I thought episode 2 was bloody amazing. I've played a lot of Telltale games and this is, by far, one of their best outings.Some notes:

In episode 1, as Ethan, you can send someone to The Wall. In episode 2, as Gared, you meet this guy at The Wall "Fuck the Forresters!" he said. Nice continuity. :)

I didn't kiss the ring. I didn't woo the lady (and I know she's not real and cell-shaded but damn: she's smoking). I didn't forge the letter and I did save the Flea Bottom boy. There was a lot of drama packed into this episode.

I'm betting on Finn becoming a pal.

Having to wait till April is the only downside.

I thought episode 2 was bloody amazing. I've played a lot of Telltale games and this is, by far, one of their best outings.Some notes:

In episode 1, as Ethan, you can send someone to The Wall. In episode 2, as Gared, you meet this guy at The Wall "Fuck the Forresters!" he said. Nice continuity. :)

I didn't kiss the ring. I didn't woo the lady (and I know she's not real and cell-shaded but damn: she's smoking). I didn't forge the letter and I did save the Flea Bottom boy. There was a lot of drama packed into this episode.

I'm betting on Finn becoming a pal.

Having to wait till April is the only downside.

Elaena is pretty hot. In order to secure the marriage without forging the letter, you have to offer her half of the Ironwood. Then she'll agree. I am wondering, though, if you are able to get her back at some later point even if you don't do it in this episode.

Elaena is pretty hot. In order to secure the marriage without forging the letter, you have to offer her half of the Ironwood. Then she'll agree. I am wondering, though, if you are able to get her back at some later point even if you don't do it in this episode.

I didn't even hesitate to offer her the Ironwood. Better your wife's family have it than your worst enemies.

Yeah, Wifes army in time of need for half Ironwood is better, is a bit tricky given the Forresters have been taken for a wide in their desperate situation, is linked nicely visually to Lords condition, as they get stronger expect healing to improve

This'll be fascinating, wonder if the Forresters will attach themselves to Stannis's army to attack the Boltons and follow up their routing from Ironrath, obviously it's near Deepwood Motte so I reckon the turning point will be linked to Stannis taking Deepwood which will link in with Forresters re-taking full control of Ironrath

As for the Whitehills, the Gwyn-Asher connection is obviously the seeds for a reproachment should you choose it will come inevitably to war though by the time Stannis is at the Wall and Stannis will change the balance of power

Hopefully Gared can desert, but Finn and Cotter will pull a Sam and Grenn with Jon and pull him back, after the Ides of Marsh though....

Obviously it has to link in with the show timetable and not become spoilery...reckon it will reach its full climax though with the Battle of Winterfell which coincide with the end of S5

I'm not sure this is going to be a conclusive game, eg there will have to be a post battle of Ice sequel based on S6 onwards which I'm happy to pay another $30 for, it's not quite a full game so glad we aren't paying that price, but it is an enjoyable mini-game

Yeah, Wifes army in time of need for half Ironwood is better, is a bit tricky given the Forresters have been taken for a wide in their desperate situation, is linked nicely visually to Lords condition, as they get stronger expect healing to improve

This'll be fascinating, wonder if the Forresters will attach themselves to Stannis's army to attack the Boltons and follow up their routing from Ironrath, obviously it's near Deepwood Motte so I reckon the turning point will be linked to Stannis taking Deepwood which will link in with Forresters re-taking full control of Ironrath

As for the Whitehills, the Gwyn-Asher connection is obviously the seeds for a reproachment should you choose it will come inevitably to war though by the time Stannis is at the Wall and Stannis will change the balance of power

Hopefully Gared can desert, but Finn and Cotter will pull a Sam and Grenn with Jon and pull him back, after the Ides of Marsh though....

Obviously it has to link in with the show timetable and not become spoilery...reckon it will reach its full climax though with the Battle of Winterfell which coincide with the end of S5

I'm not sure this is going to be a conclusive game, eg there will have to be a post battle of Ice sequel based on S6 onwards which I'm happy to pay another $30 for, it's not quite a full game so glad we aren't paying that price, but it is an enjoyable mini-game

This makes me wonder about the timeframe they said the season will end around somewhere in early Season 5 of the show. My best guess would be Forresters preparing for war against the Whitehills, who aren't even invited to Ramsay's wedding. Meanwhile Asher has joined the sellswords that Stannis brought to the wall. It will end on a gloomy note for Ironwrath, preparing for a war that doesn't look good, and on a positive note for Asher, marching with Stannis into the north to kill some Boltons.

OR Maybe they lied to us about the timeframe and they've been developing the game alongside the show and we'll delve deeper into season 5 than we thought. Experiencing Hardhome as Gared, the Battle for Ice as Asher, Cercei's walk of shame as Mira.

The final chapter is called the ice dragon, some serious stuff has to be going down in episode 6

how do you survive the barfight? at the point where you can grab the sword of the enemy soldier after crashing into him? if i grab the sword, he grabs a dagger, yells fuck you asher, and kills me. if i dont grab the sword, he just kills me with the sword, then yells fuck you asher. nothing i can do to change either outcome...(i play on a iphone)

restarted a few times to try to avoid the fight, but there is no way, is there?

how do you survive the barfight? at the point where you can grab the sword of the enemy soldier after crashing into him? if i grab the sword, he grabs a dagger, yells fuck you asher, and kills me. if i dont grab the sword, he just kills me with the sword, then yells fuck you asher. nothing i can do to change either outcome...(i play on a iphone)

restarted a few times to try to avoid the fight, but there is no way, is there?

There are some bugs on the iphone (like the Xbox). I'm not sure they have fixed it yet.

Yeah on PC that Q button appears which you have to tap fast and then Press E I think

Winning the sword training fight at the Wall is tricky with Gared in terms of that last move where you have to -> and D at the same time, managed to do it mind on the second attempt, obviously it's not meant to be where you can just walk in and beat an experienced trainer

Don't want to have to say the vows as Gared as i want to go back to Ironrath as a non-deserter

Since she is sticking around, my guess is you can woo her again. I can see a choice between her and the nice Whitehill gal.

Since this is set in the GoT universe, maybe the Stormcrows will get featured in the video game? They could be sub-contracted by the Second Sons, could be a good chance to give some spotlight to the minor Ice and Fire characters. They could also suitably buildup the Golden Company, have a few characters rave about their prowess and prestige.

Okay, finally got a chance to play and finish part two (damn, those games are short). Here are my thoughts (as they occurred to me throughout the game):

- Some of the choices are completely hilarious. You are in the middle of surgery; do you want pain killers? y/n? Why is this even a question? It's f***ing surgery!
- And the servant boy is back ... The creepy love story can continue.
- ... and now I'm flirting with a Lannister guard, too!

- Scratch that. That was NOT why the guard looked at me like that. Didn't go well for coal boy, either. I need a new achievement: Forever alone!
- Why does my character walk around castle Black with nothing but a leather jerkin?
- Vasquez ... I mean Beshka, has managed to survive surprisingly long. Good for her. I was totally expecting her to bite it within the first scene.
- That funeral song was stupid. Who wrote that one?
- Nice to see that my Codex updates as the games go along.

And here are my decisions in episode two:

- Me and 78% didn't forge the letter with Margaery's seal. The last thing I need is for my boss to be pissed off at me.

- Me and 38% kissed Whitehills ring. Rodrik's in no condition to fight. Besides, the guy's easier to stab when his back is turned.

- Me and 56% lost the betrothal to Elaena. I have no idea how I could have possibly avoided that. And frankly, I don't really care. I'm a girl, btw.

- Me and 95% stood up to Cotter after he stole the knife. This one pissed me off. I didn't want to stand up to him. I wanted him and Finn to bash each others brains in and leave me out of it, which is why I said nothing (neither for nor against Cotter). How the hell was that interpreted as me helping Cotter?

- Me and 8% didn't kill Mira's attacker. There are too many spies in KL. Chances are someone would have seen me stab the guy and used that to blackmail me, so I simply ran and tossed the knife. Sorry, coal boy, but I'm my own best friend.

So ... yeah ... I think House Forrester is gonna be a smoldering ruin once I'm done with this game. :D

Okay, finally got a chance to play and finish part two (damn, those games are short). Here are my thoughts (as they occurred to me throughout the game):

- Some of the choices are completely hilarious. You are in the middle of surgery; do you want pain killers? y/n? Why is this even a question? It's f***ing surgery!

- And the servant boy is back ... The creepy love story can continue.

- ... and now I'm flirting with a Lannister guard, too!

- Scratch that. That was NOT why the guard looked at me like that. Didn't go well for coal boy, either. I need a new achievement: Forever alone!

- Why does my character walk around castle Black with nothing but a leather jerkin?

- Vasquez ... I mean Beshka, has managed to survive surprisingly long. Good for her. I was totally expecting her to bite it within the first scene.

- That funeral song was stupid. Who wrote that one?

- Nice to see that my Codex updates as the games go along.

And here are my decisions in episode two:

- Me and 78% didn't forge the letter with Margaery's seal. The last thing I need is for my boss to be pissed off at me.

- Me and 38% kissed Whitehills ring. Rodrik's in no condition to fight. Besides, the guy's easier to stab when his back is turned.

- Me and 56% lost the betrothal to Elaena. I have no idea how I could have possibly avoided that. And frankly, I don't really care. I'm a girl, btw.

- Me and 95% stood up to Cotter after he stole the knife. This one pissed me off. I didn't want to stand up to him. I wanted him and Finn to bash each others brains in and leave me out of it, which is why I said nothing (neither for nor against Cotter). How the hell was that interpreted as me helping Cotter?

- Me and 8% didn't kill Mira's attacker. There are too many spies in KL. Chances are someone would have seen me stab the guy and used that to blackmail me, so I simply ran and tossed the knife. Sorry, coal boy, but I'm my own best friend.

So ... yeah ... I think House Forrester is gonna be a smoldering ruin once I'm done with this game. :D

I refused to kiss the ring. I don't think anything could have made me do that XD

There are ways to keep the betrothal- however, I think it's very likely that in the future, you will have a way to win it back. That's my guess, of course, but the scene is certainly set up for it.

I've actually wondered what happened if you left coal boy...anymore details? Or do you just run away and that's it?

I didn't mind the funeral song...but I can see how it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. Admittedly, I was crying during that scene because I can't stand to see a mother crying over the death of her child (as a mother myself, it hits too close to home).

Regarding the betrothal:

All I did was offer her family half the ironwood yield. After all, she said she had to be practical, and that clearly meant buying their support -- can't just trust on feelings.

What happens if you refuse kissing the ring, I wonder? Whitehill tries to act as if you're now his vassal, and Elaena kind of rubs it in a bit that you did that and couldn't quite accept it, but it did not seem to change her determination to keep the betrothal, so no matter.

I've actually wondered what happened if you left coal boy...anymore details? Or do you just run away and that's it?

I didn't mind the funeral song...but I can see how it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. Admittedly, I was crying during that scene because I can't stand to see a mother crying over the death of her child (as a mother myself, it hits too close to home).

About the coal boy: You just run away and that's it. If it is any consolation, I thought that I had gotten him killed for sure, but since he showed up in the trailer for episode 3, maybe not.

The funeral song was problematic for me. On one hand, it was a really emotional scene and the melody itself was nice, but on the other I just couldn't get over the fact that she was basically standing in front of Bolton banner men singing about how bad Ramsay Bolton is :bang: If I don't get this family castamered, Thalia certainly will.

Regarding the betrothal:

All I did was offer her family half the ironwood yield. After all, she said she had to be practical, and that clearly meant buying their support -- can't just trust on feelings.

What happens if you refuse kissing the ring, I wonder? Whitehill tries to act as if you're now his vassal, and Elaena kind of rubs it in a bit that you did that and couldn't quite accept it, but it did not seem to change her determination to keep the betrothal, so no matter.

I didn't even know that that was an option until I came to this thread and saw people talking about it. I guess I must have misread something in there in the heat of the moment.

Archived