Suicide Squad -- A David Ayer Film

Bastard of Boston

Harley is kind of dainty. That's sort of her deal. She's also crazy.

Yeah, I take more of an issue with who they got to play Wonder Woman than this. Harley Quinn is a crazy girl with a gun, alot like the Joker in this respect. She's not a warrior or a straight fighter. I wish they'd gotten Gina Carano to play Wonder Woman instead of Godot.

I really was not expecting Will Smith. And I hope the Joker isn't in the actual team.

I wish they'd gotten Gina Carano to play Wonder Woman instead of Godot.

People keeps saying this. But naaaaaaaaaah. It's as if beating people up was the only thing that defines Wonder Woman.

People keeps saying this. But naaaaaaaaaah. It's as if beating people up was the only thing that defines Wonder Woman.

It's about not portraying the cookie cutter archetype of a woman. If you want a strong archetype portray a strong archetype. Society seems to be fine with this until it comes to the portrayal of what's acceptable for women. Then it becomes a very singular idea. If you want to portray a strong empowered female amazon then stop being afraid of casting a strong empowered female amazon who's still very attractive and feminine. It would have been a very progressive casting choice, especially in this day and age when we like to say that we're past this sort of thing, and I thought that Gina showed impressive acting chops in Haywire. That could have sent a positive message. They missed an important opportunity and I think that she would have done a fine job with the role. Possibly better than what Affleck will show as Batman. And it's not like they cast the second-coming of Merril Streep for the role either.

It's about not portraying the cookie cutter archetype of a woman. If you want a strong archetype portray a strong archetype. Society seems to be fine with this until it comes to the portrayal of what's acceptable for women. Then it becomes a very singular idea. If you want to portray a strong empowered female amazon then stop being afraid of casting a strong empowered female amazon who's still very attractive and feminine. It would have been a very progressive casting choice, especially in this day and age when we like to say that we're past this sort of thing, and I thought that Gina showed impressive acting chops in Haywire. That could have sent a positive message. They missed an important opportunity and I think that she would have done a fine job with the role. Possibly better than what Affleck will show as Batman. And it's not like they cast the second-coming of Merril Streep for the role either.

Uh, impressive acting chops? She was awful. The only reason Haywire was any good was because she could kick ass. But as an actress, she was so wooden.

I wanted Beyonce as Wonder Woman. She can actually act, and is at least somewhat muscular (I'm sure she could have built up the upper body a little for the role). She's a big enough star to help the box office. Handled right it would have been awesome.

I don't think Gina Carano could have pulled it off.

So is this confirmed to be set in the DC Film Universe with MoS and BvS?

Has Will Smith ever played anything other than the underdog protagonist?

Do you consider Mohammed Ali an underdog?

Has Will Smith ever played anything other than the underdog protagonist?

Well, I woudn't call him the underdog in Hancock. Also, there's that small role he had in Winter's Tale; although that technically might be considered a cameo.

But yeah, that's his MO alright. Presumably, Warner Bros offered him just a whole truck of money.

Well, I woudn't call him the underdog in Hancock. Also, there's that small role he had in Winter's Tale; although that technically might be considered a cameo.

But yeah, that's his MO alright. Presumably, Warner Bros offered him just a whole truck of money.

What about the Magic Negro he played in that golf movie? (I honestly no clue what that was called.)

ETA: The Legend of Bagger Vance!

Does Zac Snyder have anything to do with this at all ? If so, I am completely out...

Yup... He is the EP... I will never forgive him for what he did to Superman. He will not be getting another dime from me.

I was under the impression Snyder was the guy overviewing the whole DC universe. (A prospect that doesn't fill me with confidence.)

What about the Magic Negro he played in that golf movie? (I honestly no clue what that was called.)

ETA: The Legend of Bagger Vance!

Oh right. That one. I completely forgot that thing even existed. He certainly wasn't an underdog there, he might still be considered a protaganist maybe; though certainly not the main character.

I can't see Joker not being in the team. Why bring in an academy award winner to shelf him, unless its to gauge how well audiences will take to a new actor playing him after Ledger.

You wouldn't shelve him. You'd play him as either an antagonist or as having an uneasy relationship with the team due to Harley but not in it.

Either one would work better if the Joker and his relationship with Harley had been built up previously, which is why I'd hoped for him not to be involved, but even without the background it'd be better than the Joker being recruited into a team working, however hiddenly, for the good guys.

So is this confirmed to be set in the DC Film Universe with MoS and BvS?

Do you consider Mohammed Ali an underdog?

Well he was for the final fight wasn't he? I'm pretty sure most the odds were in Foreman's favour for the Rumble in the Jungle

Well he was for the final fight wasn't he? I'm pretty sure most the odds were in Foreman's favour for the Rumble in the Jungle

Ali was an overwhelming underdog in that fight. Foreman had knocked out Frazier and Ken Norton in previous fights, two guys who had fought epic 15 round fights with Ali.

Archived