Suicide Squad -- A David Ayer Film

Bastard of Boston

I wanted Beyonce as Wonder Woman. She can actually act, and is at least somewhat muscular (I'm sure she could have built up the upper body a little for the role). She's a big enough star to help the box office. Handled right it would have been awesome.

I don't think Gina Carano could have pulled it off.

Beyonce? After Austin Powers? She was worse than Heather Graham, and that's saying something. Has she done some good acting somewhere I'm not aware of?

Put it this way. Ali had 31 fights in his professional career. Joe Fraizer gave him his first lost in a fight that went the distance. Ken Norton dealt Ali his second loss. They had two fights in a row, both went to Split Decision. Ali was viewed as a boxer on his way down.

George Foreman fought and won 40 fights before he faced Ali. Of those 40 only 3 went to decision, meaning he fought 37 fights that ended with him winning by KO or TKO. Only 9 of his fights during that period went beyond 3 rounds. Meaning he finished off 31 guys in under 9 minutes. He faced Fraizer for the title and knocked him down 6 times in less than 5 minutes to win the fight. He then put Norton down in less than 2 rounds as well the fight before Ali. To say Ali was an underdog was putting it mildly. Almost nobody (and I say nobody because Ali himself might literally be the only exception) gave him a chance in hell of winning. George Foreman might quite possibly have been the scariest boxer in history. People were quite frankly afraid for Ali in that fight (and the rope a dope didn't help).

He absolutely an underdog. Sorry for the tangent, I'm a huge boxing geek.

Margot Robbie is way too hot and dainty to play Harley Quinn.

Exactly the reason why she'd make a perfect Harley Quinn...

The cast is rather surprising. Will Smith, really? I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, his wife is in Gotham, and she's like 50+ (I think).

Either way I'm super excited for this. :)

Uh, impressive acting chops? She was awful. The only reason Haywire was any good was because she could kick ass. But as an actress, she was so wooden.

She did well enough for an action heroine. Since when were Sly and Arnie renowned thesbians? They sell the action aspect of the hero. They can kick ass. Why is that dynamic different for women? Then again Sly and Arnie types aren't being asked to headline superhero movies for the most part these days... Still I think Gina could have done it. Or at least they could have tried to find a woman who could sell both aspects.

Anyway, I am pleased with their Harley Quinn choice. Harley is dainty. She was a shrink before turning to crime. Even Joker's dainty by supervillian standards. Her acting in Wolf of Wallstreet shows a good aptitude for this role and I can't wait to see Harley on the big screen. It will be hard to beat Ledger's Joker but I'm glad they're bringing him back. Can't keep that character shelved forever.

Beyonce? After Austin Powers? She was worse than Heather Graham, and that's saying something. Has she done some good acting somewhere I'm not aware of?

Dreamgirls (2006)- and Obsessed (2009) with Idris Elba, though the latter was admittedly a B picture.

The cast is rather surprising. Will Smith, really? I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, his wife is in Gotham, and she's like 50+ (I think).

Jada is only 43 (born in '71).

I like the Margot casting. She was stunning in Pan Am. It'll be fun to see that beauty subverted for HQ.

I hope they go the route of the animated Assault on Arkham movie, and make it a Raid or Dredd style movie where they have to infiltrate Arkham Asylum and work all the way to their objective, stumbling across the Joker along the way.

And of course Batman has to appear at some point.

I hope they go the route of the animated Suicide Squad movie, and make it a Raid or Dredd style movie where they have to infiltrate Arkham Asylum and work all the way to their objective, stumbling across the Joker along the way.

This would excite me.

I hope they go the route of the animated Assault on Arkham movie, and make it a Raid or Dredd style movie where they have to infiltrate Arkham Asylum and work all the way to their objective, stumbling across the Joker along the way.

And of course Batman has to appear at some point.

It seems really likely, given the cast and seems like one of the few ways to have things work with HArley and Joker on the team. Then again, with some effort I'm sure it's possible to have them on the same team. It's just that we'll be waiting for the Joker to play his cards in some Kaiser soze style twist throughout (meaning it won't be a Kaiser Soze style twist because you can't have the Joker not being the ultimate villain).

A guest appearance by Ben Affleck in the style of Nick Fury would be appreciated but I imagine he wouldn't have the same role as in the animated film.

How does Amanda Waller's fatness define her as a character? Because I can't believe the amount of people on the internet who have said that Waller needs to be fat.

BECAUSE SHE'S LARGE AND IN CHARGE! Seriously though, the essence of the character is a large, surly, authoritative, black woman who takes shit off of nobody.

This is Amanda Waller...

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/WallerBatman_zps9e147468.jpg.html

This is some lame, watered down, CW version of the character that almost completely misses the mark...

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Amanda_Waller_zpsa8145ea8.png.html

It's not the fatness that defines the character, it's the attitude. That being said, she has no business being depicted by some willowy supermodel. She doesn't need to be fat, but she does need to be large and physically imposing. This is a character that enjoys throwing her weight around, both literally and figuratively. You should be scared of her, not attracted to her.

ETA: I'm writing this as a fan of the 1998 version of these characters. I was a big fan of that run of this comic, and Waller's character was central to it. Her relationships with the other primary characters were often the most interesting aspect of that run. A pretty, willowy Waller just changes the whole dynamic. That's not to say that a pretty woman can't be intimidating or authoritative. Just saying Waller is not pretty or willowy. You may as well give the character another name if you're going to go that route. It's not Waller.

The

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131202182552/villains/images/6/6c/Amanda_Waller" href="http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131202182552/villains/images/6/6c/Amanda_Waller" s_revenge.png"="">CCH pounder was a great version of her voice and would be a great version in the show, too.

Indeed. That's Amanda Waller.

ETA: Cept your link isn't working.

Eh, I guess. You can be surly, authoritative, and black without being hilariously overweight. If she had superpowers that were dependent on her fat content then I'd agree with you wholeheartedly.

I want to see Danai Gurira.

Eh, I like her in The Walking Dead, but I don't really see it. Just not physically imposing enough.

Archived