Suicide Squad -- A David Ayer Film

Bastard of Boston

So they're almost certainly fighting Enchantress right? What with all the black goo covered mooks, she's with none of the group shots. There's all sorts of damge to stuff that seems to have turned it into black matchsticks looking stuff, that's got to be magic? That guy covered in tentacles going through the train intrigues me, it doesn't look like a woman, is it El Diablo? Maybe for a split second looms like it's hitting a person.

Does the image of the white house on a screen when Enchatrness says 'let's do something fun' mean she's in the white house?

Also there's a soldier who looks just like Liam Hemsworth.

I like the tone, but the Harley's whole: 'look at me I soOoo KRAZY!' thing is grating already. Loved the shot of the Joker lying on the floor surrounded by knives and guns.

A pretty good trailer, but remember guys - Queen makes everything exponentially better. I'm not the feeling the whole "we're/they're bad guys! We're totally evil!" thing and Harley has the potential to be annoying. But otherwise it looks fun and different. And given how many super hero films we're getting different is good. 

1 hour ago, protar said:

A pretty good trailer, but remember guys - Queen makes everything exponentially better. I'm not the feeling the whole "we're/they're bad guys! We're totally evil!" thing and Harley has the potential to be annoying. But otherwise it looks fun and different. And given how many super hero films we're getting different is good. 

The 'What, we are bad guys' line kinda put me off too.  Still looking forward to this but lets leave the wink, wink forth wall stuff for Deadpool here guys!

OMG, this looks EPIC!! Oh for those who complain about the DCEU being too "dark and serious," I present to you " The Dirty Dozen with superpowers, set to Bohemian Rhapsody."

Oh and they accomplished the difficult feat of making Jai Courtney seem kind of charismatic/fun, well-done.        

18 minutes ago, Arya442 said:

OMG, this looks EPIC!! Oh for those who complain about the DCEU being too "dark and serious," I present to you " The Dirty Dozen with superpowers, set to Bohemian Rhapsody."

Oh and they accomplished the difficult feat of making Jai Courtney seem kind of charismatic/fun, well-done.        

For real, Jai Courtney actually seems like he will do great. He was funny the entire trailer, which i never thought i would say. Maybe he just needed the right franchise where he's not the main character, to shine. 

Re-watched the trailer, and the joker maybe my favorite part. He was my least favorite part before this trailer, but the shot of him laying down laughing and the other one in a suit shooting things up.....damn, this will be good.

I'm not quite sure what it is that people are seeing in that trailer that is exciting them, but for me its the final nail in the coffin for my interest in this movie.  It has almost confirmed my worst fears for what is going on.

Everything about that trailer suggests a desperate attempt at giving this movie 'an edge', which ties into the way they've promoted it previously, the recent posters etc. But unfortunately everything else about the movie comes off as hugely unimaginative and confused. In the way that the TV show Gotham has very little idea of what it is, is it realistic? is it hyper realised and styled? Is it an odd mismatch of numerous visions. SS seems to have the same problem. To me it looks like a watered down vision of the Arkham games, where they have bottled out of many of darker elements. 

Everything feels strangely safe and corporate about it, as if the heads of the studio are like 'what do the kids like these days' , it reminds me hugely of the Poochie episode of Simpsons. 

If you are going to do Suicide Squad then it needs a lot more vision and imagination. Every shot in that trailer was flat, almost cheap (how many times do movies have to be filmed at night so that you don't see the lack of budget). 

I'm utterly unimpressed.

11 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

For real, Jai Courtney actually seems like he will do great. He was funny the entire trailer, which i never thought i would say. Maybe he just needed the right franchise where he's not the main character, to shine. 

Re-watched the trailer, and the joker maybe my favorite part. He was my least favorite part before this trailer, but the shot of him laying down laughing and the other one in a suit shooting things up.....damn, this will be good.

Boomerang is probably the major asshole in the SS anyway, the only part I liked was Jai opening that tinnie and having a drink midway in a fight, a genuinely original and funny idea. 

Robbie I'm not convinced on, she looks like that girl who comes to a halloween party who tried to look cool and scary, but in reality just looks superhot because she wanted to have some good instagram pics later. Harley should be a lot more nuts IMO.

53 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Robbie I'm not convinced on, she looks like that girl who comes to a halloween party who tried to look cool and scary, but in reality just looks superhot because she wanted to have some good instagram pics later. Harley should be a lot more nuts IMO.

It fits with their Joker, though, a highly manicured look instead of Ledger's disheveled version.

I'm not convinced this will be great or even good but it does look better than BvS at this point. None of the humor is groan-inducing like Batman's "I thought she was with you" attempted joke in the BvS trailer (and if that's the best they have to offer, oh boy, that is going to be a shit movie).

2 minutes ago, OnionAhaiReborn said:

It fits with their Joker, though, a highly manicured look instead of Ledger's disheveled version.

I'm not convinced this will be great or even good but it does look better than BvS at this point. None of the humor is groan-inducing like Batman's "I thought she was with you" attempted joke in the BvS trailer (and if that's the best they have to offer, oh boy, that is going to be a shit movie).

Even if the movie is poorly written, paced, plotted, or whatever (which is entirely possible of course), I think the trailer at least proves that the movie will have style (As evidenced by things like the Joker in a tuxedo with a gold-plated SMG at 1:23). And that's a lot more than most superhero movies can say.

Just now, Fez said:

Even if the movie is poorly written, paced, plotted, or whatever (which is entirely possible of course), I think the trailer at least proves that the movie will have style (As evidenced by things like the Joker in a tuxedo with a gold-plated SMG at 1:23). And that's a lot more than most superhero movies can say.

Yeah, I totally agree.

The latest trailer brought my expectations down a bit for this movie. As another poster said, it looks like they don't really know what tone they want for the movie. Is it realistic or over the top, is it gritty or not, is it fun or more serious? Looks like they try to get a bit in of all of that and it might be too much actually. And they could have given Margot Robbie a better costume. I'm sure she'll be good in the role, but seriously, what is that outfit they've given her.

6 minutes ago, OnionAhaiReborn said:

Agree, but Leto's Joker is firing off a number of warning signals in my brain. If Harley is a hot model trying to crazy and edgy, Leto comes across as the school nerd who wears a long leather jacket cos he thinks thats cool on 'wear your own clothes to school day'.  A bit like his crappy band and over use of eye liner actually.

Just a bunch of horribly misjudged attempts at being edgy.

Archived