Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

I enjoyed this episode and am definitely looking forward to more. The atmosphere, dialogue, and story was great. I actually convinced myself that I was doing well for a short while, until that shocker of an ending.

Although, for all it's positives there were a few glaring issues with the textures/graphics. Certain scenes had very jarring edges and muddy looking splotches on walls and backgrounds, so as a result the mood of the scene was slightly tarnished.

Asides from the graphical issues, I liked it.

Anyway, these were the choices I made.

Stayed With Bowen
Swore Fealty To Margaery
Took Erik's fingers
Picked Royland as Sentinel
Met Ramsay at the gate

I just finished the first episode and I fucking loved it.

The beginning was so awesome. I pretty much immediately knew that this was taking place at the Red Wedding, outside the Twins, and yet, as soon as as they showed the castle and The Rains of Castamere started playing, I got chills. It was fascinating to experience the Red Wedding from a different point of view. You see the castle and you know what's going on inside at that very moment and it just felt terrifying and epic.

I liked all the new characters and the story line was quite engaging. I did not see that ending coming and it did actually make me feel sad, I kinda liked that kid.

During that one scene, were you play as the handmaiden and you have to satisfy Cersei with your answers, I tried, I really did. I knelt before her and shit. But as soon as she started talking I just couldn't do it any more, I didn't want to give that bitch any kind of satisfaction, so I declared my loyalty to Margaery and claimed the Starks were no traitors. Cersei wasn't pleased, but Tyrion had fun.

Again, it was fascinating to expierience moments like this from the point of view of a handmaiden. You suddenly realize that Cersei is, indeed, the Queen. The moment where you have to walk towards the Iron Throne and you see Tyrion and Cersei in the distance, it felt very different from any experience I had with the books or the show. In both, Tyrion and Cersei are presented as flawed characters, "normal" human beings with the same desires, fears and thoughts as everybody else. But the game makes it very clear that Cersei is the queen and you are just a handmaiden, so it was strange and kind of unsettling to interact with these characters I know so well from that perspective.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode, more than I thought I would, actually. Now I can't wait for Episode 2.

That was good, was not expecting the ending. All in all looking forward to more and playing as the Squire again as well as the new brother.

One thing has been bothering me though, why was the Lord's sword bloody at the beginning, has he left the thing covered in blood since raiding the Westerlands?

I just finished the first episode and I fucking loved it.

The beginning was so awesome. I pretty much immediately knew that this was taking place at the Red Wedding, outside the Twins, and yet, as soon as as they showed the castle and The Rains of Castamere started playing, I got chills. It was fascinating to experience the Red Wedding from a different point of view. You see the castle and you know what's going on inside at that very moment and it just felt terrifying and epic.

I liked all the new characters and the story line was quite engaging. I did not see that ending coming and it did actually make me feel sad, I kinda liked that kid.

During that one scene, were you play as the handmaiden and you have to satisfy Cersei with your answers, I tried, I really did. I knelt before her and shit. But as soon as she started talking I just couldn't do it any more, I didn't want to give that bitch any kind of satisfaction, so I declared my loyalty to Margaery and claimed the Starks were no traitors. Cersei wasn't pleased, but Tyrion had fun.

Again, it was fascinating to expierience moments like this from the point of view of a handmaiden. You suddenly realize that Cersei is, indeed, the Queen. The moment where you have to walk towards the Iron Throne and you see Tyrion and Cersei in the distance, it felt very different from any experience I had with the books or the show. In both, Tyrion and Cersei are presented as flawed characters, "normal" human beings with the same desires, fears and thoughts as everybody else. But the game makes it very clear that Cersei is the queen and you are just a handmaiden, so it was strange and kind of unsettling to interact with these characters I know so well from that perspective.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode, more than I thought I would, actually. Now I can't wait for Episode 2.

This part was extremely good, and you're right -- it was odd and kind of terrifying walking the throne room and seeing Cersei stationed at the end of it.

Tyrion seems like an easy chap to make pals with (as long as you make Cersei mad, which I did).

I don't know how, but this is the first I am hearing of this game :dunce:. From what you guys are saying it seems great. I know what I'm doing as soon as I get off of work today!

Yeah, it's a blast. I wasn't expecting much but it exceeded expectations for sure.

I wonder who the maester is really working for. He mentioned that he got sent to house forrester and he isn't crazy about the challenge of helping ethan as lord.

Plus someone lets the Whitehall men into the castle if you meet Snow at the gates and seeing as the Maestar isn't around regardless of who you choose it I'm a little wary.

Plus someone lets the Whitehall men into the castle if you meet Snow at the gates and seeing as the Maestar isn't around regardless of who you choose it I'm a little wary.

Yeah I was paranoid about him from the start when he started asking Gared about why Lord Forrester chose to defend him over Rodrik.

Busted, buddy. :pimp:

I called Ramsay 'Lord Snow' and got stabbed in the throat. At least the playable characters don't have plot armor, so that's kind of a plus.

I felt naturally skeptical towards Sera and the servant boy. After reading the books so many times I'm just paranoid towards any unwarranted help. I also don't trust the maester.

I did the RW sequence like a good young squire. Ditched the other squire, and tried to convince Lord Forrester to follow me.

Wasn't it obvious that the servant boy is one of Varys' little birds? He's constantly snooping around and saying what a master eavesdropper he is, so I'd say it fits the profile. I didn't turn down his offer for help, but I did ask Sera to leave before speaking to Margaery. I might not be able to get away from Varys' spies, but you can be damn sure I won't let anyone spy on me to Cersei or whoever else Sera will end up working for. Yeah, I'm pretty sure she'll stab me in the back at some point.

As for the second part, I was really surprised to see that only about 25% of the players sticked with the other squire instead of trying to save Lord Forrester. That guy had maybe a minute of screentime, but I really liked him. I was sad to see him go so early on.

I like the game up to now...
But one thing niggles at me.
Why would Tyrion be at the hearing Cersei has with that forrester girl?
Other than fan service.
Would have been better to have him walk in halfway through wben Cersei is getting her bitch on and defuse the situation. That would have been way cooler.

Cersei mentioned wanting to take away the ironwood from House Forrestor as punishment for their treachery, and later Tyrion said that's the Master of Coin's prerogative, so I'd say that's reason enough for him to be there.

I wonder who the maester is really working for. He mentioned that he got sent to house forrester and he isn't crazy about the challenge of helping ethan as lord.

In the codex it states that the maester was from the Vale and was angling for a sweet posting back there, maybe in the Eyrie. When he was sent to an obscure backwater like Ironrath, it sounds like he wasn't pleased.

Wasn't it obvious that the servant boy is one of Varys' little birds? He's constantly snooping around and saying what a master eavesdropper he is, so I'd say it fits the profile. I didn't turn down his offer for help, but I did ask Sera to leave before speaking to Margaery. I might not be able to get away from Varys' spies, but you can be damn sure I won't let anyone spy on me to Cersei or whoever else Sera will end up working for. Yeah, I'm pretty sure she'll stab me in the back at some point.

I did the same. Cersei could easily make Sera flop to her side, so I sent her out.

Did you take the Tyrell seal by any chance? I just took the key. I'm curious if Marg would notice if both items were taken.

I did the same. Cersei could easily make Sera flop to her side, so I sent her out.

Did you take the Tyrell seal by any chance? I just took the key. I'm curious if Marg would notice if both items were taken.

Yep, I took both, figured I could use the seal to maybe forge a letter or something like that, but I guess it was too late by that point. And no, she didn't notice the missing stuff on the table, just told me about how Joffrey refused her plea for help.

Oh, and here are my other choices. When in doubt, do as Stannis would.

I called Ramsay 'Lord Snow' and got stabbed in the throat. At least the playable characters don't have plot armor, so that's kind of a plus.

worst thing is I was waiting for the game over screen to show up before I realised it. They're sticking to the tone of the source material at least

One thing I disliked is how they try to pass the deserter, traitor and inciter of revolt as a simple thief.

"Lord Forrester dealt with thieves by cutting three fingers off." Well, no shit, problem is that in this case it's way worse than theft. I wanted to cut his head off or hang him (I guess most lords in Westeros would hang him for what he did) but there was no option available.

Y'know, looking back, I really wish there were other contenders I could have picked as Sentinel. Picking Alliser Thorne was definitely a bad idea, judging by the shitstorm that happened in my game, but I doubt Duncan the Hippie would have fared any better. When I first played as Ethan, I thought the best pick would be the maester henceforth known as Two-Face, but that wouldn't have been the brightest idea ever. Hell, even Talia would have been a better choice than these two.

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing Asher, he sounds like an awesome character.

One thing I disliked is how they try to pass the deserter, traitor and inciter of revolt as a simple thief.

"Lord Forrester dealt with thieves by cutting three fingers off." Well, no shit, problem is that in this case it's way worse than theft. I wanted to cut his head off or hang him (I guess most lords in Westeros would hang him for what he did) but there was no option available.

How did he incite a revolt again?

Archived