Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

I may or may not have accidentally referred to little Ryon Forrester as "Rickon" a couple times while playing last night. We'll just leave it at that. :)

Clearly, it's $30 because Peter Dinklage, Natalie Dormer, Lena Heady and Iwan Rheon. But that's cool, because I figured that going in. And I'm a total mark for the show and the actors' performances so I don't mind them getting a bit of my money

And honestly it is FUN. First time through, anyway. We'll see how the replays feel when I'm armed with meta-knowledge.

Right now, though, I'm having fun trying to be Ethan the boy lord and having that unshakable feeling that the game is using my current meta-knowledge against me. Or at least giving me conflicting meta-knowledge impulses.

I mean

On one hand Duncan felt like the clear choice to be the Sentinel no matter what he says because of the whole secret Northern Grove thing that Lord Forrester trusted only him with. On the other hand I've read GRRM's books so LOL No Way In Any Seven Of The Hells am I opening up my gate for Ramsay Motherfucking Snow so I actually picked Ser Reymond even though he's a dick because he's the Never Negotiate With Ramsay dude. But they're probably counting on me expecting that from Ramsay so I'm probably screwed that way now. "Let Ramsay inside your castle" is such an obvious suicide option for book readers that I'm starting to think it was probably actually the right move.

And since I'm screwed anyway I decided to let Mom send Uncle to get the Exiled brother back even though he's probably a backstab plot because honestly, if I have doomed poor Ethan, we're gonna need that Second Son to come back and be a new Lord Forrester anyway. I'll show him! I'll DIE before he can kille me. PLOT FOILED. :)

But I like having to pick and switch between massaging egos and putting on my big boy pants to yell at people to shape up and get along and not really knowing when which is right and having to do it anyway and feeling wrong no matter what I do. :) Such is life, that.

I may or may not have accidentally referred to little Ryon Forrester as "Rickon" a couple times while playing last night. We'll just leave it at that. :)

Clearly, it's $30 because Peter Dinklage, Natalie Dormer, Lena Heady and Iwan Rheon. But that's cool, because I figured that going in. And I'm a total mark for the show and the actors' performances so I don't mind them getting a bit of my money

And honestly it is FUN. First time through, anyway. We'll see how the replays feel when I'm armed with meta-knowledge.

Right now, though, I'm having fun trying to be Ethan the boy lord and having that unshakable feeling that the game is using my current meta-knowledge against me. Or at least giving me conflicting meta-knowledge impulses.

I mean

On one hand Duncan felt like the clear choice to be the Sentinel no matter what he says because of the whole secret Northern Grove thing that Lord Forrester trusted only him with. On the other hand I've read GRRM's books so LOL No Way In Any Seven Of The Hells am I opening up my gate for Ramsay Motherfucking Snow so I actually picked Ser Reymond even though he's a dick because he's the Never Negotiate With Ramsay dude. But they're probably counting on me expecting that from Ramsay so I'm probably screwed that way now. "Let Ramsay inside your castle" is such an obvious suicide option for book readers that I'm starting to think it was probably actually the right move.

And since I'm screwed anyway I decided to let Mom send Uncle to get the Exiled brother back even though he's probably a backstab plot because honestly, if I have doomed poor Ethan, we're gonna need that Second Son to come back and be a new Lord Forrester anyway. I'll show him! I'll DIE before he can kille me. PLOT FOILED. :)

But I like having to pick and switch between massaging egos and putting on my big boy pants to yell at people to shape up and get along and not really knowing when which is right and having to do it anyway and feeling wrong no matter what I do. :) Such is life, that.

Yep I got the Rickon vibe as well.

I also sent for the brother, whom seems like a Norther viper.

For me, Cersei's voice was the best to hear. Walking the distance of the throne room, and seeing her sitting at the end of it was terrifying. Then she speaks to you. :drunk:

Didn't see it coming except I kinda sorta did -- Ramsay "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" Snow-Bolton was involved, after all

and I did try to negotiate and use the silver tongue on him! C'mon Robin, you've read the books you know better than to reason with this dude

-- and I am tempted to try and rewind and do that last chapter over again and see how much is changeable.

[Rheon does so sound like he's having tons of fun being in-character, in game as much as in show.]

I wonder who the maester is really working for. He mentioned that he got sent to house forrester and he isn't crazy about the challenge of helping ethan as lord.

He has done nothing to dissuade me from agreeing with Lady Dustin about the order of the grey rats, let's put it that way :)

Did anyone let Ramsay spot them in the woods when Gared was on his way to the Wall?

Oh... yeah... I totally let that happen. Definitely meant to do that and didn't just suck at the controls/fail to figure out what I was supposed to be doing in that bit at all. :P

I just stole the key on Marg's table, and left the seal alone. Maybe I could have forged a letter with the seal. Perhaps Marg notices if you take both items?

I felt naturally skeptical towards Sera and the servant boy. After reading the books so many times I'm just paranoid towards any unwarranted help. I also don't trust the maester.

Yeah Sera and Coal Boy definitely have TROLL ACCOUNTS SPOTTED virtually floating above their foreheads after about 1.5 seconds. And completely agree with the consensus about which one works for who. I mean, Sera even kinda physically resembles Obviously Snooping Unnamed Handmaiden #2 from Season 4 of the show.

Mayhaps I blew them both off too much since I did not receive any choice/chance to steal from my homegirl Marge. I thought that last Mira bit seemed really short and non-interactive. Must've closed myself off from most of what I could've done there.

Aww, so short. Some Telltale games have shorter chapters than others, and I thought this one was on the shorter side. I enjoyed it though, and have to admit, I was pretty shocked when Ramsay murdered Ethan, although I figured Ramsay was going to do something crazy while he was there. It's Ramsay, afterall.

Oh... yeah... I totally let that happen. Definitely meant to do that and didn't just suck at the controls/fail to figure out what I was supposed to be doing in that bit at all. :P

Was there a fighting sequence, or could you lie to him about who you are?

Oh forgot to ask...

When you are playing as the guy going to the wall (forgot his name... Gared is it?) And you come across Ramsay and his boys flaying that woodsman, what happens if you run?

Anyone know?

I want to see, but cba replaying all the episode up to that point purely so I can make one different choice.

You don't need to replay the whole episode - just copy the save and rewind back to that point

Oh no, you simply eat Crossbow for breakfast lunch and dinner and start over from your last save point.

[Rather tame and quick death, considering the Bastard's Boys are involved, actually.]

That's a very lenient punishment for them.

So wait, either way, Ramsay kills Ethan?

Yes.

I was pretty butthurt the last time Telltale did stuff like this in The Walking Dead, but I dunno, I didn't really mind this time around. I'd like it a lot more if you could influence the story to a greater extent, à la (off the top of my head) Heavy Rain or Mass Effect, but I suppose this makes sense considering the game is part of an already established and ongoing story, so you can't really leave important stuff for the players to decide cause you're eventually gonna reach the canon/non-canon debate.

Also, any info on whether or not Kit Harrington is voicing Jon in Episode 2? Or anyone else playing the Night's Watch characters?

Also, any info on whether or not Kit Harrington is voicing Jon in Episode 2? Or anyone else playing the Night's Watch characters?

I couldn't find anything on it. I sure hope so. The four who did episode one did a good job.

Oh forgot to ask...

When you are playing as the guy going to the wall (forgot his name... Gared is it?) And you come across Ramsay and his boys flaying that woodsman, what happens if you run?

Anyone know?

I want to see, but cba replaying all the episode up to that point purely so I can make one different choice.

let me know :X

let me know :X

I'm not positive if the Bastard's Boys have a similar reaction to you running, and you getting caught peaking around the tree.

Salad Days Saan said he got caught peeking, and that the Dreadfort men pelted him with bolts. Pretty tame for that lot, but I too was wondering if that option left you with any outcome besides death.

Enjoyed it a lot than I thought I would.

I left Bowen lol :D

Killed the Whitehill dude

Swore to Marge

Send the thief to the wall

Chose Royland as Sentinel (I thought all that was the lamest part)

Met Ramsay at the gate.

Defintely felt like the Forresters were the Starks lite but I didn't mind. Lena Headey :wub: Ramsay was awesome

Running in that situation seemed like such the obvious panic move that gets you killed I never considered doing it because I assume it also leads to the all-crossbow diet.

But I didn't actually test it out.

I felt the same way.

Enjoyed it a lot than I thought I would.

I left Bowen lol :D

Killed the Whitehill dude

Swore to Marge

Send the thief to the wall

Chose Royland as Sentinel (I thought all that was the lamest part)

Met Ramsay at the gate.

Defintely felt like the Forresters were the Starks lite but I didn't mind. Lena Headey :wub: Ramsay was awesome

They definitely had a Stark feel to them. Plenty of heirs that get whittled away. Ryon is certainly cut from the Rickon cloth.

Archived