Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

Well, I just finished the first episode, taking me about two hours.

The game started off OK, but when I started getting serious decisions thrown my way from the three main POVs, I found myself second-guessing A LOT. I was often wondering 'Shit. Did I just screw myself over?' The NPCs reactions to your choices can be very unnerving.

The first episode ended with my jaw on the desktop, and a loud WTF that I'm sure everyone else in the house didn't appreciate. I was left wondering if I could have avoided the fate I had sealed with the actions/dialogue I chose. Naturally, I'm sure my choices have changed the way the game will progress for me, which is great. If I made a blunder, then I should pay for it, and I'm glad that Telltale leaves you with that.

Very much looking forward to the second installment.

I wanted to make a separate thread from the active video game thread because I didn't want this to bombard the feed.

very good start to this season of the game

I like house forrester they aren't just a house stark placeholder which I initially thought

Yeah I wasn't expecting much, but damn what a great start.

I chose to meet Ramsay in the Great Hall:

He cut my effing throat

What did you choose?

Yeah I wasn't expecting much, but damn what a great start.

I chose to meet Ramsay in the Great Hall:

He cut my effing throat

What did you choose?

Same deal, but I think all choices end up leading up to that.

Spoiler
It's a very ASOIAF thing. Kind of who AGOT introduces Bran as a potential hero/knight only for him to fall to his likely death within the same first chapter.

It's really more of a "Choose your own adventure" with CGI cutscenes (couldn't the 3d models been better?) than a proper videogame IMHO

Same deal, but I think all choices end up leading up to that.

Spoiler
It's a very ASOIAF thing. Kind of who AGOT introduces Bran as a potential hero/knight only for him to fall to his likely death within the same first chapter.

It's really more of a "Choose your own adventure" with CGI cutscenes (couldn't the 3d models been better?) than a proper videogame IMHO

That's a bummer. I was thinking that some options had unique outcomes. Though I haven't heard from anyone who has chosen to close the gate to Ramsay yet.

And yeah, the graphics are pretty shitty compared to every other modern video game out now.

That's a bummer. I was thinking that some options had unique outcomes. Though I haven't heard from anyone who has chosen to close the gate to Ramsay yet.

And yeah, the graphics are pretty shitty compared to every other modern video game out now.

I think there are options that probably have unique outcomes, while other stuff will happen no matter what. It's also hard to know which are which, though. Steal the Tyrell seal or not, would Mira be able to do something with it? Would her relationship with Cersei, Tyrion and Margery change anything in following episodes or is it also leading to the same end anyways? Do any of the choices done through the Red Wedding sequence matter?

I think there are options that probably have unique outcomes, while other stuff will happen no matter what. It's also hard to know which are which, though. Steal the Tyrell seal or not, would Mira be able to do something with it? Would her relationship with Cersei, Tyrion and Margery change anything in following episodes or is it also leading to the same end anyways? Do any of the choices done through the Red Wedding sequence matter?

I just stole the key on Marg's table, and left the seal alone. Maybe I could have forged a letter with the seal. Perhaps Marg notices if you take both items?

I felt naturally skeptical towards Sera and the servant boy. After reading the books so many times I'm just paranoid towards any unwarranted help. I also don't trust the maester.

I did the RW sequence like a good young squire. Ditched the other squire, and tried to convince Lord Forrester to follow me.

Very interested to hear boarder impressions of this game, which I just saw Steam tell me about for the first time today.

Kinda torn between just saying "Fuck it" and buying it now or trying to wait for a price drop (maybe a holiday sale, even though it's brand new).

The price will not drop for at least a year as it will probably take at least 6-9 months for all of the episodes to release. My decision was to either wait for all of the episodes to be released, or play them as they come.

The price will not drop for at least a year as it will probably take at least 6-9 months for all of the episodes to release. My decision was to either wait for all of the episodes to be released, or play them as they come.

Ah, much like The Wolf Among Us.

Yeah, maybe I should wait for all the episodes to be out then.

Although probably not if I keep hearing good things about this (steam user reviews like "finally a GOOD game of thrones/asoiaf game" are not helping :D)

You can buy the first episode for $4.99 on PSN. Not sure about other services, but I'd think it's the same.

yay! :D and no, you gotta pay $25 on the pc :\ someone please prove me wrong though, would love to play it on the pc but don't want to pay the full amount right now

edit: omg no the ps3 version isn't out until the 9th :(

edit 2: k screw it, got the pc version for $25 lol. I like it so far!

The only thing I can complain about is the graphics, but I can get over that because of how good the writing is.

I went into the throne room and legitimately felt unnerved when being addressed by our favorite lady. I really felt like I had to choose the perfect answer to please her, which is very realistic to the book.

Also, it was very cool to hear the actors from the show voice their characters.

The statistics at the end of the episode were interesting to read as well.

if you show mercy on the whitehill men do they end up blaming you for something else

I mean getting sent to the wall for killing a bunch of guys who just killed your family seems like the obvious thing to do.

I can already tell that mira is going to end up in a bad way they play her scenario up for trusting the wrong people(but I trust tyrion)

if you show mercy on the whitehill men do they end up blaming you for something else

I mean getting sent to the wall for killing a bunch of guys who just killed your family seems like the obvious thing to do.

I can already tell that mira is going to end up in a bad way they play her scenario up for trusting the wrong people(but I trust tyrion)

Yeah I put trust in Tyrion as well. I pissed Cersei off, and kept Marg happy as well. No way in hell you're gonna make all three happy in that scenario.

Did TT give any word as to when the next episode will come out?

Archived