It's official. Benedict Cumberbatch is Strange. The Doctor.

Bastard of Boston

Did we not have a new thread after the other hit the limit???

Anyways, I'm fine with this. I don't know much about the character... But if Marvel can pull off Guardians of the Galaxy, then I have faith their foray into the occult will alsobe successful.

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but he he certainly have the presence to pull of the Sorcerer Supreme which will be anything but easy.

As a old time Dr Strange fan it will be interesting to see if they can return to his original roots or just keep him in the silly limbo he has been into the last decade.

I always thought it strange that Marvel did not make more out of the supernatural element, when material like vertigo's Sandman and Harry Potter showed the interest for this genre.

Well Marvel studios has had an impressive touch so far. just worried about how they will handle sorcery. It's limitations must be somewhat clear to create a good story.

I love this casting. I'm happy they didn't put him on a "villain" role, because a dark protagonist suits him well, too.

Why would he be dark? his recent appearences in the comics? For more then 3 decades Dr Strange was the Big Good of the marvel universe. He didn't oppose supervillians but cosmic entities. His story was that of arrogance and selfishness brought low through misfortune and redeemed through spiritual enlightenment. The reborn Strange was the champion of white magic and guardian of our world against all evil.

I feel like I am the only person in the universe who is apathetic toward/slightly dislikes Benedict Cumberbatch. I sometimes go out of my way to avoid things he's in. For some reason, he just rubs me the wrong way, so I am bummed out by this. Might be an MCU movie I skip, unless secondary casting draws me back in.

• 8 months later...

I feel like I am the only person in the universe who is apathetic toward/slightly dislikes Benedict Cumberbatch. I sometimes go out of my way to avoid things he's in. For some reason, he just rubs me the wrong way, so I am bummed out by this. Might be an MCU movie I skip, unless secondary casting draws me back in. 

I think he's a fantastic actor, but his name always comes up as the perfect choice for any damn role in casting threads and discussions.

Archived