A New Look At Guessing Games: Biggest Badass in Asoiaf

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

I think everyone has guessed so:

30. Olenna 'Queen of Thorns' Tyrell 35 (5)

"There is entirely too much tut-tutting in this realm if you ask me. All these Kings would do a deal better if they put down their swords and listened to their mothers."

30. Brynden 'Bloodraven' Rivers 35 (5)

"Treason is no less vile because the traitor proves a craven"

29. Jaqen H'ghar 37 (3)

"The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life. This girl took three that were his. This girl must give three in their places. Speak the names and a man will do the rest."

28. Bronn of the Blackwater 39 (4)

"Careful now. We don't want to get blood all over your pretty white cloak."

26. Wyman Manderly 40 (4)

"...The North remembers Lord Davos. The North remembers and the mummer's farce is almost done."

26. Syrio Forel 40 (4)

"The first sword of Braavos does not run."

25. Jon Snow 42 (5)

"Edd, fetch me a block."

24. Euron 'Crow's Eye' Greyjoy 48 (5)

"I am the storm my lord. The first storm and the last"

23. Tyrion 'The Imp' Lannister 50 (5)

"Those are brave men. Let's go kill them."

22. Brynden 'Blackfish' Tully 51 (6)

"You must be blind as well as maimed ser. Lift your eyes and you will see the direwolf still flies above our walls."

21. Nymeria the Direwolf 56 (4)

"...Then a grey blur flashed passed her and suddenly Nymeria was there, leaping, jaws closing around Joffrey's sword arm."

Scores coming in a few

Wow, I totally thought Wyman and Syrio (neither of whom I had on my list) would be placed very high, because of their popularity in the fandom. And I underestimated other people's votes for Nymeria, who was #2 on my list.

Other people who were on my list are Blackfish, Jon Snow and Olenna. Tyrion almost made it. I left out Bloodraven because so much of his badassery happened decades ago and I wasn't sure if it wasn't cheating/bypassing the rules, though I love him.

Round 2 Entries #'s 11 - 20

ARTHUR DAYNE - BERIC DONDARRION - DAENERYS TARGARYEN - DAVOS SEAWORTH - DROGON THE DRAGON - KHAL DROGO - MANCE RAYDER - QHORIN HALFHAND - STRONG BELWAS - VICTARION GREYJOY

Answers revealed Monday December 22nd Good luck!

For now...

20. Mance Rayder

19. Beric Dondarrion

18. Davos Seaworth

17. Qhorin Halfhand

16. Daenerys Targaryen

15. Victarion Greyjoy

14. Khal Drogo

13. Arthur Dayne

12. Strong Belwas

11. Drogon

Can't believe Drogon&Vic didn't make the cut. :dunno: Belwas deserves it IMO, but I lower my expectations for the semi-minor characters.

I strongly disagree with the lists so far. I figured a lot of mine wouldn't be on the list. If dark star and the sand snakes make up the top 8, I will throw things.

Darkstar doesn't get much love on this forum so I doubt it. Obara on the hand hand... That wouldn't surprise me.

Well, let me try:

11. Strong Belwas

12. Drogon

13. Khal Drogo

14. Arthur Dayne

15. Daenerys Targaryen

16. Beric Dondarrion

17. Mance Rayder

18. Qhorin Halfhand

19. Victarion Greyjoy

20. Davos Seaworth

I'm going to guess that Strong Belwas and Dayne will be higher placed because of this fandom's adoration of them (although I used the same reasoning for Manderly and Syrio and I was wrong), and Drogo because he's the stereotypical idea of "badass". Daenerys, who should be higher than them, will not be because of the hatred for her on this forum is strong. But this somehow does not apply to Drogon, and I'm not making the same mistake as with Nymeria, where I thought that many people won't think of her because she's an animal. Beric and Mance will probably be lower than they should be since they don't have the same personality cult as Arthur Dayne and Strong Belwas.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, like I was wrong about so much in the previous round. And I'd be glad if I'm wrong and Dany, Beric and Mance are higher, and Drogo, Arthur Dayne and Strong Belwas lower.

11. Arthur Dayne

12. Daenerys Targaryen

13. Davos Seaworth

14. Drogon

15. Strong Belwas

16. Qhorin Halfhand

17. Beric Dondarrion

18. Mance Rayder

19. Khal Drogo

20. Victarion Greyjoy

Another two of my top ten gone *sigh* And some people I forget. A list of 20 is just not enough to cover them :)

I strongly disagree with the lists so far. I figured a lot of mine wouldn't be on the list. If dark star and the sand snakes make up the top 8, I will throw things.

Ah my sweet summer child, you ARE new to the guessing games aren't you? :lol:

This is where you find out just how differently two or more people can see the same events* and people. :)

I find it helps not to dwell on how different other lists are from mine. And anyway, most of us will voluntarily post our 20 at the end so you can see who picked what and where.

The more I play this game, the worse I get. That was my most pathetic round ever.

11. Arthur Dayne

12. Drogon

13. Khal Drogo

14. Victarion

15. Dany

16. Davos

17. Belwas

18. Qhorin

19. Mance

20. Beric

I'd probably do better if I just flipped this list.

* Idea for future game topic if we haven't already: favorite moments from the 5 books of ASOIAF.

Archived