Anybody here watched Preston Jacobs' vids?

MegaTechPC

There is literally one on the first page....

He does a fantastic job on his videos and his theories are the most solid ones I've ever heard for the most part. If you enjoy ASOIAF conjecture be sure to check him out. You won't be disappointed!

You need to spend more time here...

I think the videos themselves are decent amateur productions; it's the theories themselves that I have a problem with. It seems like PJ is all about debunking the most widely held theories simply for the sake of doing so. It's fine, it's encouraged even, to look for new ideas or new takes on old theories, but at a certain point you're just trying too hard.

Also, Preston (aka Skinchanging Sweetrobin), if you happen to read this, you need to drop that stupid disclaimer at the end where you say you're probably wrong about half of what you say. That is just soooooo weak!

No, My advice for anyone happening across them or this thread is Don't waste your time, the video's may be slick, but the theories within them are weak as piss, many of them are not even his theories he often takes theories which have been around for ages, or simply lifts other peoples theories from the boards and adds a load of supposition and speculation. He never acknowledges that he was not the originator of the theories he lifts and he doesn't credit the artists who's work he uses either.

I think the videos themselves are decent amateur productions; it's the theories themselves that I have a problem with. It seems like PJ is all about debunking the most widely held theories simply for the sake of doing so. It's fine, it's encouraged even, to look for new ideas or new takes on old theories, but at a certain point you're just trying too hard.

Also, Preston (aka Skinchanging Sweetrobin), if you happen to read this, you need to drop that stupid disclaimer at the end where you say you're probably wrong about half of what you say. That is just soooooo weak!

I think the disclaimer at the end is nice. It's a distinction from all the other people that state their theories as if they were facts. Preston Jacob's videos are pretty decent in my opinion, sure they are pretty crackpot in many ways, but they encourage you to take a different look at things.

And what I can't stand at all are all these smug posters on this forum, who ridicule his videos (and I don't mean you with this statement Lord of Groans, just had to read a lot of this in other threads about this topic). Even if he is wrong with every assumption he makes his videos are still enjoyable to watch imo.

Sure, he tries to connect too many things with each other, but so what?

No, My advice for anyone happening across them or this thread is Don't waste your time, the video's may be slick, but the theories within them are weak as piss, many of them are not even his theories he often takes theories which have been around for ages, or simply lifts other peoples theories from the boards and adds a load of supposition and speculation. He never acknowledges that he was not the originator of the theories he lifts and he doesn't credit the artists who's work he uses either.

I've not seen them but after to reading the threads it sounds like this

" the video's may be slick, but the theories within them are weak as piss,"

Just about some them up perfectly.

• 8 months later...

As the title says, just wondering if anybody has checked out this guy's vids?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXU7XVK_2Wd6tAHYO8g9vAA/videos

He does a fantastic job on his videos and his theories are the most solid ones I've ever heard for the most part.  If you enjoy ASOIAF conjecture be sure to check him out.  You won't be disappointed!

Grrr...

is it worth me watching his latest vids ? 

TIA

I think so. I don't always agree but they do make you look at the story in a different way which is fun. Warning a lot of people on the forum don't care for PJ.

Grrr...

See.

Archived