Fear The Walking Dead (Prequel / Companion series set in L.A.)

SpaceChampion

Everyone is just going to call it "Fear" anyway, ....

The post-show talk show will prolly be called "Talking Fear"....

I have no problem with AMC milking their own products, as long as the quality remains high.... Saul is excellent, and they've yet to give me reason to doubt them...

Plus AMC is moving forward with Preacher.... and Turn is terrific.... so yeah, they're milking it, but they'd be crazy not to.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for the Mad Men/Breaking Bad/Walking Dead cross over...

:bowdown:

But first we need the Mad Men spinoff about Sally Draper becoming a punk rocker. :devil:

Okay, but seriously, I wonder how much they will show of the beginnings of zombie apocalypse on FtWD. I hope they don't try to show its cause, that never works.

I wonder how much they will show of the beginnings of zombie apocalypse on FtWD.

It seems more like a street level accounting of the events at the beginning. I think if the show were going to show the actual biological cause they would give some hints in the preview. Maybe more hints are coming?

I hope they don't try to show its cause, that never works.

I disagree. It worked quite well in 28 Days Later, for example. And I'd be curious to see how it all started in tWD. It may be a way to give some direction to the main show if we learn that there is some actionable information for the characters to discover about the origin of the virus.

And I think...

...there is supposed to be at least one cross-over character from early in tWD showing up in FtWD, and possibly one from FtWD showing up later in tWD.

spoiler references possible unnamed character direction.

Seems like wasted potential. I'm no great fan of The Walking Dead, but when I heard they were doing a spin-off series, I thought they'd have the good sense to make it an anthology show. New location each season; new characters; new story lines; etc. Most importantly, it could have allowed for the writers to show us how the zombie apocalypse affected the world 20 years after the outbreak, as it was occurring, and anything in between.

As it stands, Kim Dickens is the only reason I'm interested in this series.

I've heard practically nothing about this but... wouldn't it be hilarious if a set of competent writers were hired that were capable of writing fleshed out characters, dialogue and a sense of intelligence to a backdrop that we know has tonnes of potential. It could put its daddy to shame.

This is like the back half of the plane from Lost, does it really need it's own separate show.

The Tail section was painfully glossed over in Lost so I disagree with you on a pedantic level.

However I was under the impression the show had notably different goals to the standard Walking Dead. I.E not every community reacts the same way, whether the show bears this out will have to be seen. But I can't see why not.

Archived