This could be my favorite book.

BadWo1f

Before I started reading AFFC, people have told me that this is most boring book in the series. I finished first part of the book (311 pages) in 3 days and I'm 122 pages into part two. To me, only first few chapters with Brienne were boring, everything else was interesting. Story of Iron Islands and Dorne is fantastic,they show us different places,different locations, different PoV's, we get to see Cersei losing control( if she ever had control ) and Jaime trying to do good. Arya has interesting chapters so dose Sansa. It was perfect book after ASoS, at least in my opinion, you cant demand red weeding in every book, that would be just stupid. I hope that Alchemist guy comes back, that was most interesting prologue in the series, ok AGoT was better, but still. There is so much to talk about but I'll write about that once I'm finished. Again I didn't finish AFFC so please no spoilers. Am I the only one who enjoy's this book so much?

Before I started reading AFFC, people have told me that this is most boring book in the series. I finished first part of the book (311 pages) in 3 days and I'm 122 pages into part two. To me, only first few chapters with Brienne were boring, everything else was interesting. Story of Iron Islands and Dorne is fantastic,they show us different places,different locations, different PoV's, we get to see Cersei losing control( if she ever had control ) and Jaime trying to do good. Arya has interesting chapters so dose Sansa. It was perfect book after ASoS, at least in my opinion, you cant demand red weeding in every book, that would be just stupid. I hope that Alchemist guy comes back, that was most interesting prologue in the series, ok AGoT was better, but still. There is so much to talk about but I'll write about that once I'm finished. Again I didn't finish AFFC so please no spoilers. Am I the only one who enjoy's this book so much?

I think the reason that so many people didn't enjoy AFfC originally was because it did not wrap up all the cliffhangers from ASoS because AFfC and ADwD have concurrent storylines until you get towards the end of ADwD.

There are several of us who have combined AFfC and ADwD to create one long book with the story being told in the correct chronological order. The combined book is called (by fans) A Feast with Dragons.

The first time I read AFfC, I did think it was my least favorite of the books, but that was only because most of my favorite characters were not POV chapters (Tyrion, Jon, Daenerys). But once I combined ADwD with AFfC, the book AFwD became my favorite of the entire series by a long shot!

When I finished ASoS it was clear some PoV's died and others won't be in the book but what made it good for me is that I like new characters, Iron Islands and Dorne are leading that list, I want more of Dorne, Doran Martell looks like a very smart guy who wants people to believe he is weak. I'll finish book in next few days and will be able to say more. If you love new characters you will love the book, its maybe as simple as that.

Archived