Christmas Lounge

Lykos

I bought 5 classic Christmas song cd to have a soundtrack to this long long day at my sister's.

they put on the first cd for 10 minutes or so and then silence.

Is silence better than Christmas songs?

Maybe usually it is but on Christmas?

:(

I was over at some friends' place last night, had a fun time. I was planning on having my usual Jewish christmas today, and I may still go out to a movie, but I ate so much last night that the idea of eating Chinese food is so not appealing right now.

DC is an interesting place to be during Christmas and the days around it. Since so few people are actually from here (at least in NW, which is the part of the city I'm usually in and the part of DC everyone thinks of, there's lots of African American families but they're over in SW and NE), most of the city becomes a ghost town when everyone goes to be with family elsewhere. Its a very different feeling place than usual.

I was over at some friends' place last night, had a fun time. I was planning on having my usual Jewish christmas today, and I may still go out to a movie, but I ate so much last night that the idea of eating Chinese food is so not appealing right now.

DC is an interesting place to be during Christmas and the days around it. Since so few people are actually from here (at least in NW, which is the part of the city I'm usually in and the part of DC everyone thinks of, there's lots of African American families but they're over in SW and NE), most of the city becomes a ghost town when everyone goes to be with family elsewhere. Its a very different feeling place than usual.

yeah. dc is a very strange place indeed. it is painfully slow all week long leading up to in our restaurant as there are just not people around at all.

I was rocking Béla Fleck & the Flecktones Christmas album this morning.

Just what I need for christmas, a Sinister Minister. (cool music :thumbsup: )

Tibetan throat singers doing Jingle Bells? Yes, please!

Hmm, ever since I've received a musical card doing Jingle Bells and started to sing Jinger Bears ( with this in mind ), I can't get it out of my head. I feel very racist about it.

Oh my. Major eating started yesterday and goes on until Sunday. Shrimp and crab cakes and herring yesterday (and that was an abbreviated menu, since it was only my brother and me), and after mass a snack of baked ham at a friend's house and a taste testing of different chocolate cream liqueurs.

Brunch this morning of French toast made with Italian Panettone, smothered in orange butter made with Grand Marnier and orange peel, and drenched (well, a bit of) maple syrup, fresh sausages purchased at the Farner's Market yesterday morning, boozy fruit salad as a starter, and mimosas on the side.

I need a nap.

Turkey tonight.

Big dinner with 40 people tomorrow, Boxing Day, prime rib.

Bit of a break on Saturday, but will likely go out to dinner with my brother.

Christmas Day being re-celebrated on Sunday with turkey and all the trimmings. My friends three years ago decided Christmas had to go into rotation since their kids now all have SOs, so last year Christmas Day was here, this year Christmas Day is away.

Then a big New Year's Day bash, and a big brunch on New Year's Day.

I will need to go on a starvation diet for the next three months.

Merry Christmas to you as well, Jims. In this lounge we take care of all aspects of Christmas, not just the advertised ones.

Are people celebrating Hanukkah really at it since december 17th? How do they live through that?

Fragile Bird, I hope the turkey wasn't fragile! :o :D

And a quite nice (not great but nice) tribute to one of my favorite songwriters.

I'm feeling full and mellow.

C. eve we went to a video arcade for the whole afternoon (I set the high score for Terminator: Salvation rail shooter, among other worthy accomplishments for an adult) and then went for a great dinner at Francesca's before strolling home in mild weather.

C. day had presents, bacon & pancakes, Skype with my family in Ireland, irony via nerf gun, movie & minecraft with my son, prime rib for dinner and now strumming some guitar* as I digest. I think we'll open the HeroQuest tomorrow (I got a set on EBay for my son -- nerd nostalgia +10, at least)

Video arcades and no turkey. That's just how we roll.

* I only started learning in September but getting better and better.

There's only rubbish in tv and I am not able to do anything more active than watching tv. No newspaper due to holidays..drunk a lot of yea..what are you doing?

Who's working on Monday? I am.

have a nice evening all

• 11 months later...

Archived