Casting the Movie (I know this has been done before, but keep with me)

Lyanna Stark-Targaryen

I know casting a movie has been done before, that's not what this is. I made a site which has the character names and the actors (pictures too) for everyone I have so far. I have a lot, but obviously a lot is still missing given the scope of the series.

So, this isn't just another "who would you cast?" post. This is a help me make my casting better post.

That being said, anyone have any suggestions for me or changes I should make? I'm pretty confident about some of them, but others are just placeholders until I can find something better. Either way, I'm open to changing stuff if something better comes along.

This is the site: http://www.geocities.com/asoiafcasting/index.html

First, I really like your Cillian Murphy as Ramsay Snow/Bolton. Second, this has alreay been done to death for about four or five years. Third, Geocities? Come on, that is so 2000...I say this every time, but it is true, there will NEVER be a ASoIaF movie of the actual novels. Too big and too expensive. There is some hope for an HBO type series, but the actors are going to be unknown. I think more likely that a Dunk and Egg series would work, or maybe the Aegon the Unworthy stuff that GRRM likes.

Still like Cillian Murphy though. He was awesome in Batman Begins, 28 Days Later and Cold Mountain.

First, I really like your Cillian Murphy as Ramsay Snow/Bolton. Second, this has alreay been done to death for about four or five years. Third, Geocities? Come on, that is so 2000...I say this every time, but it is true, there will NEVER be a ASoIaF movie of the actual novels. Too big and too expensive. There is some hope for an HBO type series, but the actors are going to be unknown. I think more likely that a Dunk and Egg series would work, or maybe the Aegon the Unworthy stuff that GRRM likes.

Still like Cillian Murphy though. He was awesome in Batman Begins, 28 Days Later and Cold Mountain.

1. I know it's been done to death, hence me saying "I know this has been done before". I'm not asking for an all new list, I'm asking for suggestions to make my list better.

2. Where else would you like me to put it for free? Give me a site that can suit my needs and I'll go there. As of right now, Geocities is handy and free. I'm not sure why it's a problem, but if it bothers you that much, give me something better. Do you have a hosting service of your own? Would you like to host me add free and for free? I'll take you up on your offer.

3. When did I say I thought this would be made into a movie using my exact actors? It's for my own amusement and hopeful the amusement of others. I am aware that if it is ever made it would be cast with unknowns due to budget constraints, but since I can't cast unknowns on my own I'll have to settle for people that I can get pictures of.

4. If you think the Dunk and Egg series would work then maybe suggest actors for them.

You're very quick to judge and critique what I've done, but you don't offer any better solutions.

On a lighter note, I agree, love Cillian.

I don't see Viggo Mortensen as Bronn, though. He's just not scummy enough. Robert Patrick as Stannis is fucking BRILLIANT, though.

Really? He can get pretty gross looking and in History of Violence (although I hated the movie) he was pretty badass and scummy. :D about Stannis.

:P

You're very quick to judge and critique what I've done, but you don't offer any better solutions.

:P

I did it two or TWELEVE times on the old board. I am not a Hollywood casting agent and besides the big names, who will never be in this kind of thing, there is not a whole lot else that has not been put up here six or seven times already. Except Cillian Murphy. Yours is the first time I remember seeing him.

I did it two or TWELEVE times on the old board. I am not a Hollywood casting agent and besides the big names, who will never be in this kind of thing, there is not a whole lot else that has not been put up here six or seven times already. Except Cillian Murphy. Yours is the first time I remember seeing him.

That's not the only thing, do you have anything better to offer than Geocities? Because I agree, Geocities isn't great, but I don't have anything better.

Again, I do understand that it's been done before, that's not why I posted it. I posted it because it's a list in one place with pictures so it's easy to see and because I'm not looking for all of the main parts over again. I'm looking more for smaller, but important parts that haven't been cast yet. Not just the headliners.

Nice work. :)

I suggest Clive Owen for Ned. We all love Liam Neeson, but he's well into his 50s now...

I dunno, Clive seems wrong for Ned somehow. If I changed Neeson out I would put Viggo back I think. He's too scruffy for Ned though. Neeson is pretty old though...hmmmm...

Archived