Casting the Movie (I know this has been done before, but keep with me)

Lyanna Stark-Targaryen

Agreed, that dude is one of the creepiest people I have ever seen.

I don't see Viggo Mortensen as Bronn, though. He's just not scummy enough. Robert Patrick as Stannis is fucking BRILLIANT, though.

I would love to see Daniel Day Lewis as Bronn

He looks much like him, and is a realy great actor

Thanks for all the work! The only quibble I would have is I don't picture so many of the characters so attractive. Especially Peta Wilson as Brienne? I guess they could ugly her up a bit, but I think it would take a lot more than a bit.

Very entertaining :)

hehe Ben Kingsley is perfect as Syrio. I could totally picture him in those scenes telling Arya his little training phrases and saying "Just so."

And Cilian Murphy IS Ramsey Bolton as far as I'm concerned. We know he could nail that role.

You could take just about any of those Actors without Characters and put him as Beric Dondarrion.

I am terrible at actor's names, so forgive me if I critique a bit without offering alternatives...

Kings Landing: I like your picks..DiCaprio as Viserys is brilliant.

The North: Pretty good.. however I think Julianne Moore fits in better as Mel than Cat.

Iron Isles: Not convinced about Euron..I think of him more as a Johnny Depp type. I prefer a young Uma Thurman for Asha.

Riverlands: Alda as Walder Frey - Brilliant!

Westerlands: Smith as Tywin? Maybe with sideburns...Also, for the hound, I saw somewhere here that GRRM liked that big thug guy from Alien 3(?)..I agree.

The Stormlands: Robert Patrick as Stannis..Perfect. See above for Mel. Peta wilson is too pretty for Brienne.

Dorne: I like Salma Hayek as Arianne.

The Wall: Dina is also too pretty for Ygritte...I can't think of another just yet...Steve B. as Rattleshirt- Brilliant!

The Free Cities: See my Depp comment above.

That's it for now.

Neat site. I recommend watching (the director's cut of) Kingdom of Heaven. There are a lot of medieval "faces" and actors that I think would be superb somewhere in ASoIaF. They would fit nicely your "Actors without Characters" section.

ETA: Dina Meyer is waaay to pretty to portray Ygritte. Peta Wilson (without prosthetics) as Brienne is also a no-go, for the same reason. Angelina Jolie as Ellaria Sand comes close to violating this as well, since she's described as alluring without being all that beautiful (like Cleopatra in our world).

Unless, of course, you are casting for mass audience appeal, in which case, hurrah :)

I dunno, Clive seems wrong for Ned somehow. If I changed Neeson out I would put Viggo back I think. He's too scruffy for Ned though. Neeson is pretty old though...hmmmm...

Clive Owen's face fairly screams "tragic nobility" at me, so I thought of him for Ned.

I'd also like to suggest Ian "Swearengen" McShane for Tywin. I feel more strongly about that than I do about Owen-Ned.

Nah I see Swearengen as someone at the Wall. Qhorin maybe. Or Aliser Thorne. He looks like someone who's been exposed to the elements and hard livin'. I'd say make him Yoren but I think that would be wasting him. I could picture him sneering at Jon and calling him "Lord Snow" mockingly.

I can see Tywin as a Jean Luc Picard type only meaner and taller.

Gabriel Byrne needs to be cast at some point. But I'll be damned if I can think of who he'd play.

I know casting a movie has been done before, that's not what this is. I made a site which has the character names and the actors (pictures too) for everyone I have so far. I have a lot, but obviously a lot is still missing given the scope of the series.

So, this isn't just another "who would you cast?" post. This is a help me make my casting better post.

That being said, anyone have any suggestions for me or changes I should make? I'm pretty confident about some of them, but others are just placeholders until I can find something better. Either way, I'm open to changing stuff if something better comes along.

This is the site: http://www.geocities.com/asoiafcasting/index.html

I like most of your choices,but I would change few. First,I always pictured Arienne as Jessica Alba.

Blackfish should be Sean Connery or Christoper Lee,and I dont like Jason Isaacs for Euron.

Archived