the current baddest mutha f**ker (BMF) IN the world (got world)

Stannis th3 Mannis

Barristan the Bold. Aside form the aforementioned book tidying, we're talking about a guy who was so eager to joust he slipped into the lists at ten years old (yes he didn't do well at all, but that takes a badass attitude). He then proceeded to become one of the finest swordsmen in Westeros, a solid battle commander, and stayed the course as a gentleman throughout. Even as he ages he routinely drops guys decades younger than, miles quicker, and loads stronger than him. And how does he do it? By being a badass.

Oberyn was a bitch who lost the one fight we have any information on

If losing the one and only fight a character is ever in puts them in contention then I think I'll add sam tarly. He has won at least 1 fight.

edit: I'd also like to add Darkstar to contention for biggest badass... he failed to win his 1 fight against an unarmed 10 year old girl. I'd say he's a little ahead of oberyn since he didn't die.

Except he very nearly defeated the Mountain, he had him on his back on the floor and would have killed him if it weren't for, you know.

Barristan the Bold. Aside form the aforementioned book tidying, we're talking about a guy who was so eager to joust he slipped into the lists at ten years old (yes he didn't do well at all, but that takes a badass attitude). He then proceeded to become one of the finest swordsmen in Westeros, a solid battle commander, and stayed the course as a gentleman throughout. Even as he ages he routinely drops guys decades younger than, miles quicker, and loads stronger than him. And how does he do it? By being a badass.

Yeah, Barristan is a good one too. And him rescuing Aerys at Duskendale was pretty epic.

• 1 month later...

Dead badasses? Syrio Forel. Former first sword of Braavos and both wise and exceptionally skilled. Utterly schooled five armored guards with words and a wooden stick, simultaneously imparting a final lesson to Arya and a most heroic of heroic sacrifices, his words of wisdom continuing to resonate with her four books of horror later. Definitely the most epic death of the series.

"You shall be speaking to me with respect" indeed.

Living it's Barristan the Bold. The man taunted a friggin dragon. Fought as a mystery knight in a tourney at ten (losing or not,upon being unmasked everyone called him on his stones), casually slew the guards sent to capture him after he was cast out, then snuck back into the city to stare disapprovingly at the execution of Ned Stark, then went halfway across the world in time to save the Last Targaryen from a manticore wielding assassin. lost a "hard fought tourney" against the Kingslayer. At over sixty.

I can't believe it's taken this long, but judging BMF alone my suggestion would be Arya. She literally doesn't give one fuck who she fights or how big the are. She wanted to to hang around and biff the Kingsguard with Syrio, shes got a list of people she's gonna kill, she didn't give one single fvck about smashing Joffrey... I could keep going but my point is made. Arya ftw.

I don't believe you can discount Barristan based on age at all. In fact, his age only makes the fact he can kill armed dudes half his aged while either unarmed or armed only with a staff all the more impressive. He could absolutely take Victarion, who is a good fighter but a total dumbass.

Best fighters remaining in Westeros would be Garlan, Great Jon, Areo, Andrik the Unsmiling, Brienne, Balon Swann, and Loras if he's still alive. Of course there's a number of great fighters I didn't mentiin, and up and coming badasses like Josmyn Peckledon.

Belwas is very good at what he does. Selmy is still never to be underestimated, even if he's three steps slower than he was in his prime.

Best fighters remaining in Westeros would be Garlan, Great Jon, Areo, Andrik the Unsmiling, Brienne, Balon Swann, and Loras if he's still alive. Of course there's a number of great fighters I didn't mentiin, and up and coming badasses like Josmyn Peckledon.

Belwas is very good at what he does. Selmy is still never to be underestimated, even if he's three steps slower than he was in his prime.

I don't think being badass is necessarily the same as being the best fighter. Belwas counts for the way he let the dude shank him before ending things. That's badass. Selmy is a great warrior and he does have that "no fvcks given" air about him.

While I find these threads fun, they're highly speculative.

Big Vic is probably the baddest at sea.

If Sandor is alive and healthy, who would you bet on against him?

Barristan is awesome, but I don't see him handling Sandor or Victarion in single combat.

Garlan Tyrell? Maybe?

Mance? No. He's tough but he can't match Sanor or Victarion when it comes to the quality of arms and armor.

The Greatjon. Not now. He's been in the dungeons too long.

Archived