Art History

voodooqueen126

If there is no thread it is possibly because it is way too big a subject to be contained in a single thread, unless you want to be both simplistic and vague. It's like saying you cannot believe a thread titled "history" has not been created, before mentioning you like antiquity.

I've taken many classes but they didn't stick with me too well. I like exercises like doing a theme in the style of so and so. It's fun for anyone, nothing says it has to be any good.

My favorite period would have to be the Impressionists, but I love earlier eras as well. Pretty much from the Reinassance onwards, or maybe from Giotto onwards. Before that the style was to two dimensional for me, with everyone basically being painted in profile.

Ooh.

Have you read Giotto and His Publics? It's quite a good book

I guess I am quite interested in patronage. and also describing art. I am not all that artistically interested in icons, but trying to describe an icon so that a savvy reader can pick up its provenance... is a good challenge for a writer.

Ooh.

Have you read Giotto and His Publics? It's quite a good book

I guess I am quite interested in patronage. and also describing art. I am not all that artistically interested in icons, but trying to describe an icon so that a savvy reader can pick up its provenance... is a good challenge for a writer.

I haven't read it, but will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Stanek's The Rise of the Cyber Persona- Performance Art in a Digital Age is a must read for any serious art history student or aspiring troll.

I am intrigued, what's it about?

Also pretty disappointed to discover that Romanians only started painting their icons on glass in the 19th century or late 18th century at the earliest. The only book on Romanian Icons on Amazon is out of print and in Romanian:(

Also @Sologdin: what's cunoroi sculpture.

I am intrigued, what's it about?

Also pretty disappointed to discover that Romanians only started painting their icons on glass in the 19th century or late 18th century at the earliest. The only book on Romanian Icons on Amazon is out of print and in Romanian:(

Also @Sologdin: what's cunoroi sculpture.

Cûnuroi are Nonmen nobility in R Scott Bakker's series The Second Apocalypse.

Archived