First To Die In TWOW- Myrcella or Tommen?

Rhinoman

Tommen for sure. However, I wonder if Cersei believing that Myrcella is dead because of what has already happened or something more, would fufill the prophecy. I think it would. Tommen dies, Cersei believes Myrcella is dead, and then some phantom of Tyrion or actual Tyrion does her in. Heavy drinking and she's envisioning Tyrion strangling her, but really she's choking on her own puke like a 60's rock star. That would be a great end for Cersei.

Tommen for sure. However, I wonder if Cersei believing that Myrcella is dead because of what has already happened or something more, would fufill the prophecy. I think it would. Tommen dies, Cersei believes Myrcella is dead, and then some phantom of Tyrion or actual Tyrion does her in. Heavy drinking and she's envisioning Tyrion strangling her, but really she's choking on her own puke like a 60's rock star. That would be a great end for Cersei.

No man a great ending to Cersei would b she marries Ramsey and is flayed and torecherd

The death of Tommen will just unhinge Cersei even more. I look forward to her reactions to losing Tommen and Myrcella still being in Dornish hands. With Aegon's arrival and Cersei's rapidly declining pool of allies I can imagine her being deposed quite quickly after the death of Tommen. The Tyrells will no doubt try to marry Margery again to Aegon for example. There's definitely more possibilities and problems associated with the death of Tommen. Particularly in the closing stages of Cersei's downfall.

Tyrion's comment to Aegon in their cyvasse game - "You left your dragon too far away from the action and she could not get over to save you" - comes true in the worst possible way...

This, in particular, I find quite compelling. Good find! (Though I wonder if the "she" refers to Dany or to some other blunder on his part)

I do think the maggy prophecy will come true, and I think the entire thing is coming true through Cersei's own actions. Tommen has to die first for Myrcella to wear a golden crown before her own death. I think Tommen will die, and poisoning seems likely, meaning that Myrcella will be Queen and marry her Dornish prince. And that when Daenerys finally descends upon KL Myrcella will be killed by Cersei, much in the same way that she was prepared to kill Tommen if Stannis took the RK. and I think now after much rumination that Tyrion will be the one to strangle Cersei. I think he does it precisely because she causes him to through her conviction that he will be the one to kill her children and her, for all these years her behaviour, actions, and attitude have been turning him on her. Where once he loved her as a sister, now he hates her. I think what tips him over the edge will be seeing that she has killed Myrcella. Tyrion does really love his niece and nephew. In spite of his empty threats towards Tommen that time. I think he finds her shit faced crying in the holdfast with the dead Myrcella and Trystane next to her, unable to finish herself off too, and that he kills her in a massive fit of despair, anger, and rage. Strangling is a passionate way to murder somebody, which indicates it will be done through real emotion not the practicality of just getting rid of her.

Myrcella's ship back to KL will sink into the winter seas; Tommen will get scratched by that half-feral cat (most likely Rhaella's former kitten) Arya had been trying to catch and die of an infection (Varys will make sure that cat frolics in rat shit, catches rabies, or something); and Sansa, allied with the Vale, what remains of the North, and the Brotherhood without Banners will ally with Aegon, take down KL, and deal with Cersei. She'll be deposed by Sansa, who via marriage to Aegon becomes the more beautiful queen, and Jaime will strangle her to death as part of his deal with Lady Stoneheart to spare his life.

Then all of them will wonder what they heck they were all fighting for when an army of the undead and others roll them all up and destroy everything, at which point Daenerys will have finally decided to go back to Westeros, torch the zombies, and retake the Iron Throne. Then Jon will wake up, have a long talk with Howland Reed, press his claim for the IT (suck it, Daenerys), warg all three of her dragons to prove how awesome he is, and she'll marry him because he's legen...wait for it....dary.

True story.

Neither. Both will survive beyond the end of the series.

Let's see, the Starks want them dead, the Arryns want them dead, the Baratheons want them dead, the Tyrells want at least half of them dead, the Martells want the other half dead, the Greyjoys want them dead, the Tullys want them dead, and the Lannisters are idiots except for Tyrion, who quite possibly might also want them dead by now. Oh, and the Targaryens want them dead, the others want them dead, and Maggy the Frog wants them dead. Except for the Kingsguard, who on occasion get outwitted/defeated by a boar, an old lady, a drunken knight, Pod the piyump, that thothiopath Vargo Hoat, and axe-wielding Hotah, who in Westeros doesn't want them dead? They don't stand a chance.

Let's see, the Starks want them dead, the Arryns want them dead, the Baratheons want them dead, the Tyrells want at least half of them dead, the Martells want the other half dead, the Greyjoys want them dead, the Tullys want them dead, and the Lannisters are idiots except for Tyrion, who quite possibly might also want them dead by now. Oh, and the Targaryens want them dead, the others want them dead, and Maggy the Frog wants them dead. Except for the Kingsguard, who on occasion get outwitted/defeated by a boar, an old lady, a drunken knight, Pod the piyump, that thothiopath Vargo Hoat, and axe-wielding Hotah, who in Westeros doesn't want them dead? They don't stand a chance.

Exactly. It seems that everyone wants them dead. Tommen and Myrcella are both really sweet, innocent children who have very little chance of defending themselves. It seems almost impossible that they'll survive. Which of course is why I think they'll live.

The Dornish don't murder innocent children, or have you forgotten? Maybe Jaime tells the world they aren't Baratheon's to save them and get them away from Cersei. That would be something.

Assuming the Prophecy is real, I'd go with Tommen. More people with a reason to kill him at the moment. Myrcella can't sit the throne.

No, I meant, in the general chaos of Cersei's goons trying to ambush people who already know about it, Myrcella would get offed by a random crossbow bolt or something, I don't think the Dornish would kill her either, but it would fit with Cersei's karma that an evil event she planned ended in her child's death.

Marcella is in the hands of the Dornish, so they an kill her anytime they want. But my theory is that the Dornish want her alive so they can control the Iron Throne themselves - as part of Doran's revenge on Tywin. Marcella will be to the Martells what Tommen is to the Tyrells. So Tommen is probably dead meat first. The Sand Snakes will poison him likely.

Did you miss Doran's monologue about siding with the Targaryens? She will be a hostage to use against Cersei. And the Volanqar prophecy says she will die so I think Cersei won't give in when they come to lay seige to KL and they will hang her.

Something to consider is that we only got the prophecy through Cersei's PoV- and she is most definitely an unreliable narrator, not to mention that the prophecy was given years ago. Cersei is extremely paranoid, still grieving over Joff, and obsessed with Tyrion- he's just killed Tywin, he sent Myrcella to Dorne (who have no love for the Lannisters) and *she believes) he has killed Joff as well- of course she would be reading the prophecy to point towards Tyrion. Like most prophecies it was probably vague and cryptic, and she's reading some of if from the bias of time.

Looking at it this way, she is concerned about her little brother (Tyrion), her aging/self esteem issues (?) vis a vis Margaery (younger queen) and terrified for her children. I would take the prophecy with a big grain of salt.

That said I do think Tommen is more likely to die- men (even boys) are seen as more threatening, Doran has repeatedly expressed that he does not kill children and if the marriage goes through the Martells have a good shot at Casterly Rock. Tommen dies first IMO. Though even that tisn't necessarily 100%.

I do not have an opinion on when or how Tommen or Myrcella will die. I absolutely do not believe Jaime will be the one to kill them. Imo, that is one of the most crack pot ideas I have read. Many ideas that seem crack pot I can at least see where the idea came from or how someone could get the impression of said idea. I do not see where this idea comes from, especially since we started getting POVs from Jaime. I get the impression he does care for his children, not as most fathers get to, that opportunity was taken away from him from the moments of their birth. I think his feelings for them are natural considering his situation and it is not natural for a father to intentionally kill his children. Now obviously his actions could indirectly lead to their death, but that is not Jaime killing them.

Agree completely, there's a 0% chance Jamie directly murders his children. If he wanted to hurt Cersei that isn't the way he would do it, I could see him killing her though...

The Dornish would never kill a child. Doran would never allow it and it is against the nature of the Sand Snakes. They hate the Lannisters because they have killed Rhaenys and Aegon and planned to kill Trystane. They would never get on the same level. Beside, they like Myrcella and are kind to her, they do not blame her for her grandfather and mothers deeds.

You might be right about the Dornish (or at least Doran) but I have less faith in the morals of the Sand snakes, and Darkstar is completely unpredictable

Agree completely, there's a 0% chance Jamie directly murders his children. If he wanted to hurt Cersei that isn't the way he would do it, I could see him killing her though...

You might be right about the Dornish (or at least Doran) but I have less faith in the morals of the Sand snakes, and Darkstar is completely unpredictable

Jaime did try to murder Bran, so....

it could happen. I doubt it as much as you, but if it was a question of self preservation/the life of someone he cared about?

George has to speed up with empowering fAegon and destroying the Lannister-Tyrell power. So, Tommen has to die first. It will be an easy choice between a maimed girl and a dashing young prince. Queens in their own rights on the IT are rare sights and majority does not like it.

Archived