Joe Abercrombie

HashRouge

Just finished Sharp Ends. Enjoyed it although Made a Monster has me even more confused on the Logen/Bloody Nine dynamic, Thanks Joe. Especially liked the Shev & Javre tales.

Spoiler

Apparently Shev has encountered Cosca, Vitari, Monza, Shivers, Whirrun, Ninefingers (as Lamb) as well as others whose names I recognise but can't quite place. Small (circle of the) World!  

2 hours ago, Joe Abercrombie said:

Yeah, I dunno what happened there. Never done a signing where they ran out of books before. We started 20 mins early but it wasn't like they had THAT many people turn up. Sorry, man. Still, at least you got one.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

The starting early may have made things worse - still shoddy planning on their behalf. Bristol doesn't seem too kind to you with signings, I recall the FP last year had you competing with the Magic Gathering evening occurring at the same time. They did at least have plenty of books there.

At the end of the day I wound up with a signed copy still and I'm sure I wasn't the only sale Waterstones lost because of a bumble.

Come to Joe-Beth in Lexington, Kentucky... its the one GRRM always raves about from his first signing tour.  Both of us Kentucky folks who post in these threads would be there!  It'll be huge!!!!!!  :lol: 

(In all seriousness, the store does put on good signings.  If you were to cross the pond, I promise I'd go.)

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Do we know who Carcolf's father is?

Oh, I was wondering this too. Carcolf attributed some saying to her father right? Can't remember what it was, but wondered if someone said it in original trilogy. 

Archived