Things you hate, that every one else seems to enjoy

peterbound

Seems to be happening to me a lot of the late. Might be my change of scenery (new station), but I've been surrounded by people that, while very nice and easy to get along with, have extremely different tastes than I do.. on just about everything.

So, in an effort to not feel like oscar the fucking grouch, i'm hoping you all will share your little things that you seem to hate, yet everyone around you gets into. Here are some of the things i'm running up against:

1. The Chive: I can't stand this fucking website. I get why the hot chicks, and the recycled memes would be a draw, but it just seems super douchey to me. Some things I may be off on, but I'm not budging on this one. The goofy Keep Calm sayings, the Chive Parties, the Bill Fucking Murray (and I like Bill Murray), all annoy the shit out of me. Some of the folks I surround myself with, though? Love that shit. The shirts, bumper stickers, all of it. Drives me nuts.

2. Jerry Bruckhiemer: I hate everything about this man. Set him with up Michael Bay and Nick Cage and you have an unholy trinity. I actually sat around a table the other night, and heard two guys list a few of his films in their top 5. Made my heart weep.

3. Craft Beer: Now, I'm not a big drinker, and that may have something to do with this one. Saying that, the level of obsession that some people dedicate to this is disturbing. My hatred of Hipsters might play into this as well, but I can't seem to wrap my head around this subculture.

4. Brandon Sanderson: This one is more specific to here. Again, I can't understand how someone with even a modicum of taste and critical reading ability can enjoy this person's writing. It's bad on every level. The 'Kewl' magic systems? The work ethic? The honored trust of the RJ estate? Are those the draws? I've tried reading them (and completed some of them), but fuck! They have zero redeeming qualities. But, again, there are people that place him in their top three, if not the all time, best authors lists. Cite him as a major force in the fantasy genre. A game changer. A master of his field. What?! The man can barely write. Big ideas? Maybe, but like someone else stated in another thread, he should farm that shit out… or be a pitch man. His execution is shit.

5. Jeeps, Wranger's specifically: This one comes from a place of experience. I've had two wranglers, and one cherokee. I try, again and again, to explain to folks that these are bad vehicles. Fun, sure, but heroin looks like a blast for about a weekend. Doesn't mean I'm going to take a loan out to pay for it. They are one the most unsafe, unroadworthy, poorly designed, unreliable vehicles on the road. But, again, i'm surrounded by what seems to be a Jeep fan club. And not just my immediate friends/family/co workers, but this whole goddamned state. The damn things are like cats, they are just waiting for an opportunity to kill you. Poor gas milage, constant repairs, all of it is shit. Just Empty Every Pocket is an appropriate mnemonic for the damn thing.

So, if you want to vent, feel free. It might make me feel better about myself.

I don't like the beetles .

I hate alcohol and recreational drugs including marihuana .

Von trier movies , I don't like or enjoy them at all.

Loud dj parties . Not my thing . Along with its music (house ,trans ,techno...etc. ) .

Hugh grant , I hate that man .

Taylor swift .

Cats

Casual sex . Not for me .

Apple , the company .

So much more ...

I hate ketchup. With a passion. And nobody can understand I hate it :bawl:

Hate alcohol, partying, casual sex for religious reasons but some people cannot understand that

I hate olives and cucumbers too and people seem to be nonchalant towards those

Adara,

You and my wife. It's part of the reason I married her.

My regards to Lady Ellison. I never understood the whole shopping hype, it's an extremely uncomfortable situation to me.

I hate shopping. Clothes, shoes, everything. Yes, I am female, yes I am human.

Adara,

You and my wife. It's part of the reason I married her.

"Hate" is a strong word, but yes, I have a dislike for shopping too. I like new things, but the act of shopping I do not enjoy in the least. Seems like it is not that uncommon after all. ;)

Oh and onesies. My bro is wearing one right now. And jumpsuits. They look so plain silly, I don't care if they're comfortable!

WHY ARE THESE A THING???

I do not think I have ever met somebody who enjoys one of those. :wideeyed:

Archived