Is Varys worse than Littlefinger

Kaguya

Littlefinger seems to just be out for himself. Varys is much better at hiding his intent and his purpose and seems to have a lot more influence. His "for the realm" talk could be devotion to making the world a better place, or just making the world a better place for he and his. You just can't tell with him. I will say he doesn't seem malicious as LF does by nature.

Littlefinger seems to just be out for himself. Varys is much better at hiding his intent and his purpose and seems to have a lot more influence. His "for the realm" talk could be devotion to making the world a better place, or just making the world a better place for he and his. You just can't tell with him. I will say he doesn't seem malicious as LF does by nature.

Exactly. Littlefinger has let us know that he wants everything - and not just possessions, influence, power, he wants to prove he's better than the higher-born. Varys is too much of a mystery to say whether he is just like or worse than LF. Could he truly have a noble (no pun intended) goal?

I think they are both incredible chess players. They can see moves ahead of everyone else.

I believe Varys has skills we've barely scratched the surface of, and he can obviously deal out some nasty blows (little creepy children killing Kevan Lannister anyone?)

Still, in a weird twisted way, I feel like V is doing everything for a greater good that doesn't directly result in power for power's sake or for his own sake if that makes sense. Wrong or right, he has a cause.

If, in the end, this all turns out to be payback due to his lack of penis...I'll stand corrected. :)

LF is also super smart, but there is no grand design other than his own bitter in-your-face-dance. He wants to be the most powerful, the coolest kid in high school, and he doesn't care who he uses, brutalizes, betrays, lies to or kills horribly to reach that very shallow goal.

Imo that makes him worse.

I think they are both incredible chess players. They can see moves ahead of everyone else.

I believe Varys has skills we've barely scratched the surface of, and he can obviously deal out some nasty blows (little creepy children killing Kevan Lannister anyone?)

Still, in a weird twisted way, I feel like V is doing everything for a greater good that doesn't directly result in power for power's sake or for his own sake if that makes sense. Wrong or right, he has a cause.

If, in the end, this all turns out to be payback due to his lack of penis...I'll stand corrected. :)

LF is also super smart, but there is no grand design other than his own bitter in-your-face-dance. He wants to be the most powerful, the coolest kid in high school, and he doesn't care who he uses, brutalizes, betrays, lies to or kills horribly to reach that very shallow goal.

Imo that makes him worse.

We really don't know that at all. And even if it's true "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". I think by the end of the series Baelish will have had a more "positive" (or at least less detrimental) influence on Westeros than Varys, even if he is more villainous of the two.

George has said in some interviews that being a good person doesn't make you a good ruler and stuff like that. I think he is subverting the whole Aragorn-trope with Littlefinger actually causing some good things before the end.

We really don't know that at all. And even if it's true "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". I think by the end of the series Baelish will have had a more "positive" (or at least less detrimental) influence on Westeros than Varys, even if he is more villainous of the two.

George has said in some interviews that being a good person doesn't make you a good ruler and stuff like that. I think he is subverting the whole Aragorn-trope with Littlefinger actually causing some good things before the end.

Oh I'm not saying Varys won't end up causing a mess at all. I'm just saying I don't think he is doing it so HE can sit on the IT and rule over all the land

I'm also just saying I don't like LF's methods. :)

Why did that Warlock take his penis is what i wanna kno? Could Varys have kings blood used in dark magic

i personally believe it was marwyn the mage of the citadel, who trained mirri maaz duur. varys was paralyzed, like drogo was after mirri got her hands on him. similar. also, amongst the small passage we have of mirri talking about marwyn, she mentions he taught her about anatomy.

thinking it was marwyn. the why doesnt have to do with king's blood, nor dragon blood. it's specifically valyrian blood.

Why did that Warlock take his penis is what i wanna kno? Could Varys have kings blood used in dark magic

My theory is that he was once a FM acolyte, like Arya, and castration (as the Kindly Man actually implies) is part of the initiation of the FM

Alternatively, I think the FM might've sold him to a slaver as punishment, who in turn tried to make him an Unsullied by castrating him and burning his manhood in the altar of the Unsullied's goddess

Archived