Three queens

dsug

I read a quote by littlefinger from a feast for crows. He says "What little peace and order the five Kings left us will not long survive the three queens, I fear."

Whose the third Queen hes referring to? I know Margaery and Cersei are too, but whose the third one? I haven't read all the books so I'm just curious as I think a War of the Three Queens would be cool. Thanks :]

Dany, Arianne, Sansa, Myrcella. or Asha in that order

However since LF doesn't have any way to know about what's up with Asha that seems unlikely; he likely has informers in the east with Dany and in Dorne though.

Also does Cersei even count anymore? I mean she's not really queen of anything any more, she's just queen mother.

I always thought he meant Cersei, Marg and The Queen of Thorns since so much came from their interactions in KL.

The Queen of Thorns is in Highgarden and has no real power outside of court and being in the right places at the right times, and being able to bend the ears of her fellow Tyrells, who quite often do not listen to her. Notice Mace rejected her advice on both accounts

It is very likely Daenerys, or Arianne as Aegon's queen given what we now know. I still don't think the 3rd is Cersei though, she has literally no position or power at the moment and is made a fool after the WOS.

As I see it, there are only three options for the third queen:

Dany, though she's not in Westeros at the moment

Selyse, who is in Westeros but is not much of a player

Sansa, if we believe LF plans to crown her eventually

I can't see how Littlefinger doesn't know about Dany. Didn't they talk about her multiple times in the SC meetings before everyone brushing her off? Clearly LF isn't stupid enough to ignore the Targaryen girl who supposedly has conquered cities with her three dragons.

LF must mean Dany. Just before his talking of the three queens, he says :

"I thought it best that we have a few more swords about us. The times grow ever more interesting, my sweet, and when the times are interesting you can never have too many swords. The Merling King's returned to Gulltown, and old Oswell had some tales to tell."

Well it's Littlefinger's war and he's no prophet so the queens are obviously women he believes will be in a position to wage war.

1. Sansa; pretty obvious choice seeing she's his key piece at the moment.

2. Margaery/Cersei; only one of them though, my money's on Cersei

3. Dany perhaps? If LF knows about the dragons and her conquests she's a viable contender

The thing is that LF will not crown Sansa in the near future. So, we cannot take LF's vision to take place in near future. He was not talking about events that will take in the next day.

George was planning on a five year gap is maybe LF's 3 queens happen after that :dunno:

LF must mean Dany. Just before his talking of the three queens, he says :

Yes, it's Dany. The Merling King is just back from Braavos and we know from both Samwell's and Davos' PoVs that the news of the dragon queen is circulating amongst sailors there. The tales Oswell has heard are most likely about Dany's movements in Essos, and the rumors that she's en route to Westeros.

Archived