AGoT ReRead - Setup & Information

Maester Yobjascz

Neat idea. I'll try my best to participate and keep up with the readings, but it's going to be a bit rough. I have to juggle school books, finishing what's out of the Harry Potter books, and reading Tigana from Kay.

Three chapters a week sounds resonable, especially for AGOT. Most of the chapters are short. The first time I read it I blazed through because it was so addicting.

This should be in a subforum so we won't have go looking for the thread. I not keen on using spoiler blankouts in the discussion for two reasons. First it's a re-read (and it should be made clear in the title) so the assumption would be that everyone looking in the thread will have at least read AGOT. It's better if all of us have read all 4 books so far, since we'll be analyzing the chapters with all the info we gained in the series up to AFFC. The second reason because I don't know how to put spoiler text :dunce: . How do you do it?

Only if someone brings up ADWD should spoilers be blanked out.

So it doesn't look like the Subforum is going to happen right know. So, I think I'm still going to make a seperate topic for each character and hopefully that won't bother too much people. It might force people to post... :lol:

The topic in which we are discussing the Prologue I will call "Prologue and Jon AGOT Reread". Jon seems like the most likely character to put together with the Prologue.

i finished AGoT :(.

I guess I'll miss all the reread! Haha, I don't want to go right back and reread it all after just doing so.

Reread is pretty slow - 3 chapters a week. You could manage 30 pages a week

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think anyone has talked about continuing with ACOK. We only had 2 or 3 regular posters for the last couple of months of the reread, so I don't see much point to continuing with ACOK. However, I would love to read the thoughts and comments of anyone doing a reread of AGOT. Just because the reread has officially ended, people should feel free to post here whenever they want.

Archived