Tower on Fire thingy screwing up the site?

The Ned's Little Girl

I've been having trouble the last 2-3 days. When I log onto the forum, that picture of the burning tower on the left side of the screen pops out of place and blocks the text of the forum. Mostly the forum isn't able to load.

I've had the problem on my computer, using both Chrome and IE. My tablet has the same problem (uses Chrome) and my daughter's computer did the same thing when I asked her to test it.

I've been having trouble the last 2-3 days. When I log onto the forum, that picture of the burning tower on the left side of the screen pops out of place and blocks the text of the forum. Mostly the forum isn't able to load.

I've had the problem on my computer, using both Chrome and IE. My tablet has the same problem (uses Chrome) and my daughter's computer did the same thing when I asked her to test it.

It's happening to me also, if I load and then reload, it goes away, it's a small nuisance I would rather not have.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anybody is wondering, this is still a problem. The website is unusable with my computer.

Refreshing or reloading the page doesn't work. Well, it might work eventually but I generally give up after 10 or 12 tries.

I sure would like to be able to read your website.

In case anybody is wondering, this is still a problem. The website is unusable with my computer.

Refreshing or reloading the page doesn't work. Well, it might work eventually but I generally give up after 10 or 12 tries.

I sure would like to be able to read your website.

I still have , under Windows 7 reloading clears it.

Under Mac OS X , IPAD just can do nothing, Mac Air usually clears it.

It's still there.

Happens under Firefox, IE and Chrome.

I can get it to work sometimes but not consistently. Yesterday I couldn't get it to load. Today I managed to sneak in. And I cleared the cache so it's definitely not that.

When I'm on the site and the problem starts up, I usually can just refresh the page and that fixes it...but not always. Sometimes it's just bye-bye Westeros time for me.

I've tried some things to see if that can fix the problem. I'm afraid that since I can't replicate it, I can't really figure out what's going on. What I've heard suggests there may be a javascript issue of some kind, so I've tried clearing out caches and restarting certain services to see if they may fix the issue.

If anyone has some experience with web design, if you could run some of the tools such as Firebug or Chrome's dev tools to see if you can help identify the problem point, it'd be very appreciated.

Same problem, Citadel is bouncing to the right, pages load blank, John Deere add insists it belongs locked in the middle of the screen, prompt bonces out of the reply box, it's just a bunch of little things. Started weeks ago can't figure it out so I just work around it. Odd thing is it is not just this site. If I go too lets say ASOIAF wiki page, that god damn John Deere add will be there and locked in the middle of the page as well.

I have no problem getting on the site, I just have to refresh the page from time to time, but it is not isolated to this site. My tablet has been glitchy for weeks with certain web sites. Tried an apple Genius already and you know what? Not that smart.

I still have , under Windows 7 reloading clears it.Under Mac OS X , IPAD just can do nothing, Mac Air usually clears it.It's still there.Happens under Firefox, IE and Chrome.

My Ipad is working, it's just really glitchy and a bit annoying, but I am using it right now.

Archived