Game of Thrones on IMAX

Westeros

When they brought down the statue of the Harpy her legs were straight. My husband swears she was kneeling in previous scenes. Did anyone else notice that?

I said the same thing to my husband, and he said no, she was standing. Then I realize the Harpy on the map in the opening is kneeling, but the one on top of the pyramid proper is standing. Two representations. I got them jumbled in my head.

*edit to also add - she was more rightly said to be "squatting" on the map representation, as apposed to kneeling. But I assume you meant the same thing.

I said the same thing to my husband, and he said no, she was standing. Then I realize the Harpy on the map in the opening is kneeling, but the one on top of the pyramid proper is standing. Two representations. I got them jumbled in my head.

*edit to also add - she was more rightly said to be "squatting" on the map representation, as apposed to kneeling. But I assume you meant the same thing.

So did they mess up?

Wow Green Eyes, I had no idea you have such a hard time trying to watch GoT.

I've never been to Australia. I looked up Melbourne on Wiki. I didn't know it was so big.

Been doing some research & it looks like it will be a little bit easier to watch GOT legally in Australia this year. Even though HBO have stitched up an exclusive deal with cable giant Foxtel, Foxtel is now offering an internet-based service "Foxtel Play" which is now available for PCs, Apple and a few other devices and internet TVs. Last year it was only their cable box or XBox. The only catch (apart from the price) is that the specs recommend 3 MB/s download speed. If that's actual speed, not theoretical speed, it will cut out ADSL2+ (phone line) based internet services.

A little research later & I think we can actually get a cable connection in our home, so I'll probably be connecting to cable internet in the next few weeks. Then I'll wait to see whether Foxtel has a special offer for GOT fans in April...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, The Tower of Almond Joy, & yes, Melbourne is big with about 4 million people. Enough of a sample size to know the figures about illegal downloads are real. Plus I've heard the land it fills is about the same as Los Angeles. Far too much land, to tell you the truth, which could be one reason why cable services haven't been universally popular and available - especially not in small apartment blocks or sets of townhouses.

Apologies to everyone else, this post is going way off the OP & yes, I did change my name. I feel like a cat talking with giants here on the forums, so that's my new name :)

Been doing some research & it looks like it will be a little bit easier to watch GOT legally in Australia this year. Even though HBO have stitched up an exclusive deal with cable giant Foxtel, Foxtel is now offering an internet-based service "Foxtel Play" which is now available for PCs, Apple and a few other devices and internet TVs. Last year it was only their cable box or XBox. The only catch (apart from the price) is that the specs recommend 3 MB/s download speed. If that's actual speed, not theoretical speed, it will cut out ADSL2+ (phone line) based internet services.

A little research later & I think we can actually get a cable connection in our home, so I'll probably be connecting to cable internet in the next few weeks. Then I'll wait to see whether Foxtel has a special offer for GOT fans in April...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, The Tower of Almond Joy, & yes, Melbourne is big with about 4 million people. Enough of a sample size to know the figures about illegal downloads are real. Plus I've heard the land it fills is about the same as Los Angeles. Far too much land, to tell you the truth, which could be one reason why cable services haven't been universally popular and available - especially not in small apartment blocks or sets of townhouses.

Apologies to everyone else, this post is going way off the OP & yes, I did change my name. I feel like a cat talking with giants here on the forums, so that's my new name :)

Things were simpler when you can just buy the Season Pass of Itunes up to season 3

I have Foxtel so got Showcase last season, $12 extra a month

They've changed the packages this year so it all should be cheaper as Foxtel are trying to fight off the incoming subscription channels

I hope they bring it to the Imax in Melbourne

Archived