Game of Thrones on IMAX

Westeros

They say that the perfect seating in movie theatres is to imagine the screen falling forward.

You sit where the top of it would land.

You are absolutely correct. We went to the Imax theatre last night to see American Sniper (and yes, you could hear a pin drop when it ended...)

This what we found out from our ticket master. This applies to our theatre. I don't know if it applies to others. Ours does not have advanced seating. If you arrive early, you can go straight in. (After picking up your tickets). We told him our plan to arrive at 6pm for the 7:30 show and he thought that was a good idea.

The theatre was empty yesterday when we went in. I tried various sitting options. We chose middle seats in the middle rows. Perfect! If you wear bifocals, or trifocals, you need to take that into consideration too. If you do, choose seats in the middle rows not up close to the screen.

Hi! I don't know if it would be considered a spoiler if I told about it here? Some people might not want to know. I will pm you with the details. I wonder if I started a thread and put spoiler in the title, if that would work? Or if anyone else wants to know, they could pm me? What would you suggest?

Hi! I don't know if it would be considered a spoiler if I told about it here? Some people might not want to know. I will pm you with the details. I wonder if I started a thread and put spoiler in the title, if that would work? Or if anyone else wants to know, they could pm me? What would you suggest?

Just use the spoiler tags up in the reply menu.

It says I can't start a new topic??

I reply using the full version, not tap-talk. I don't see that spoiler option here.

I can't do emoticons or italicize or do bold. Do you have to input the characters manually to do bold, etc? or is it my keyboard? I'm on an ipad and do have the emoticons keyboard enabled. I am a point and click type old lady... but I guess it would help if I read about this in the help section but I would rather read the threads. And sometimes the help section isn't so helpful, like doing a avatar.

I really like those characters members use in their posts and wish I could do that, especially the one with the head banging against the wall.

I reply using the full version, not tap-talk. I don't see that spoiler option here.

I can't do emoticons or italicize or do bold. Do you have to input the characters manually to do bold, etc? or is it my keyboard? I'm on an ipad and do have the emoticons keyboard enabled. I am a point and click type old lady... but I guess it would help if I read about this in the help section but I would rather read the threads. And sometimes the help section isn't so helpful, like doing a avatar.

I really like those characters members use in their posts and wish I could do that, especially the one with the head banging against the wall.

[ spoiler ]Insert text here[ /spoiler ]

Just leave the spaces out.

sj4iy pointed above how to use spoiler tag but if you have trouble with that could you pleaasssseee PM me about the trailer and what was in it? thanks.

Hello Everyone. I am having internet issues. Wrong thread to tell why. But I'm working my butt off on it. lol

To those who sent me pm, I will try get back to you today.

Most of all, everyone needs to thank Jack Bauer for posting this link. That is the preview that we saw.

If you are going to the showing, to maximize your 'experience' (and that is what it is all about! all of your sensory perceptions at warp speed) I would suggest you watch season 4 episodes 9 and 10 'The watchers on the wall' and 'the children' as many times as you can.

Watch the episodes as many times as you can before you go to the showing!

Yes I wrote that again. I'm not screwing with you guys. Watch those episodes!! You will thank me afterwards.

Look closely at the small details in the scenery, the back ground, because it is no longer going to be in the back ground. It is going to be in your face.

Look at the wall, what it looks like and then when ice is falling off and the scythe is swinging, and Ghost - look at his eyes when Sam tells him that they need him (to fight the battle that is going on) .

And Ygritte and Jon lovers, take some kleenex for her death scene. The music alone will choke you up. And the music is very loud. The theme song is played in episode 9. Notice when you are rewatching. Pay attention to the music.

Back to Ygritte, I am watching that scene myself trying to see if when Ygritte sees Jon, is that a hint of a smile on her face after Jon smiles at her?

Remember, scenes change in the flash of an eye, you will want to know what is coming up next, then, not when you get home to watch the episodes again.

You are in for an experience that you will never forget. I would put it on par with a new book coming out, but we all know there is no comparison to that.

I'll be back with episode 10 on what to look for.

edited for grammar

Can anyone post what was in this trailer? Was there anything interesting in it?

The very end. That was my favorite scene. We've put the link on here for you to see it.

If you don't have the episodes recorded, you can watch bits and pieces of them on youtube. Search for Game of Thrones Dolorous Edd

If you have Directv or HBO Go you can watch the entire episodes there. Amazon Instant Video is now charging to watch the episodes.

Archived