Agent Carter

mcbigski

http://www.blastr.com/2015-5-28/hayley-atwell-about-agent-carter-season-2and-time-she-grabbed-chris-evans-boob

So her waitress friend and Jarvis will be accompanying Peggy to L.A.

"It is really hard to say, because they're just in the process of mapping out the whole arc of the season, so we haven't filled the details of what is actually going to happen. What is exciting, because it is going to be set in L.A., and set a year later, Peggy is in quite a different place. She is not grieving as much, it is not as raw for her to have lost Steve. So within herself, she is in a much stronger place. We can think more light, warmth and humor in who she is as a person. There is also something that reminds me of L.A. Confidential, kind of film noir, kind of glamorous L.A. life with a dark underbelly of L.A. life in the '40s.

Sounds good to me. I loved L.A. Confidential.

I liked the first season and I'm looking forward to Agent Carter in L.A. If they do go with an L.A. Confidential vibe for this next season I wouldn't wag my finger at that either.

Hopefully Ant-Man will be a hit and S2 of Agent Carter will show us a young Hank Pym or even Janet Van Dyne.

• 3 months later...

Hopefully Ant-Man will be a hit and S2 of Agent Carter will show us a young Hank Pym or even Janet Van Dyne.

Well, assuming Hank Pym is roughly the same age as his actor, Michael Douglas, he'd only be a few years old in the late 1940's.  In the opening scene of Ant Man, Peggy looked to be at least a decade older than him (interesting scene there, they aged up Haley Atwell, and digitally made Douglas younger).  If they stretch it a bit, maybe he could be a teenager during the time period of Agent Carter.

Well, assuming Hank Pym is roughly the same age as his actor, Michael Douglas, he'd only be a few years old in the late 1940's.  In the opening scene of Ant Man, Peggy looked to be at least a decade older than him (interesting scene there, they aged up Haley Atwell, and digitally made Douglas younger).  If they stretch it a bit, maybe he could be a teenager during the time period of Agent Carter.

Yeah assuming Hank is Douglas' age, he's 44 in the scene with Peggy, and she's 68. This is using this site and cites Civil War as the source for her birth date. By his age: estimate is Pym is born in 1945, making him ~5 when Carter S2 comes out. Unless they age him up considerably, no way he appears. Which would be difficult considering how well Douglas has aged.

So is he setting up to be Peggy's eventual husband, or is that too obvious?  In Cap2, in the archived films, didn't Peggy say something like Captain America saved her eventual husband?  I don't recall any indication that Sousa had been saved by Cap, so maybe he's not the guy...

• 4 months later...

It was nice... It wouldn't get you involved immediately like S01, but it has Peggy and Dottie and some really nice scenes. I am not certain about the plot, but we'll see. So far, so good.

Plus, it was nice seeing Sarah Bolger on TV... Her Mary from The Tudors was one of my favorite things about it.

Well, I have some mixed feelings on this premiere.  I thought the humor was a little corny and over the top at times...I don't remember it being quite that way in Season 1. 

I am curious as to where the story will go.  Am I mistaken, or is the symbol on the lapel pins the same "astronaut symbol" that was in Agents of Shield - the symbol that turned out to be related to Hydra - shown here:

AoS3-ancient-symbol3.png

If so, it's interesting that Dottie was trying to steal from Hydra.  The Russians are sending a "Black Widow" graduate to work against Hydra?  Could we see Peggy and Dottie teaming up at some point?

Is the "zero matter" the same stuff that the obelisk in AoS was made of?  If so, that could lead to some interesting possibilities.  Could the physicist be on the alien planet?  Maybe we'll see him come back in Agents of Shield?

I only know Marvel through the movies and TV shows...any characters in this premier that have a strong background in the comics?

6 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Well, I have some mixed feelings on this premiere.  I thought the humor was a little corny and over the top at times...I don't remember it being quite that way in Season 1. 

I am curious as to where the story will go.  Am I mistaken, or is the symbol on the lapel pins the same "astronaut symbol" that was in Agents of Shield - the symbol that turned out to be related to Hydra - shown here:

AoS3-ancient-symbol3.png

If so, it's interesting that Dottie was trying to steal from Hydra.  The Russians are sending a "Black Widow" graduate to work against Hydra?  Could we see Peggy and Dottie teaming up at some point?

Is the "zero matter" the same stuff that the obelisk in AoS was made of?  If so, that could lead to some interesting possibilities.  Could the physicist be on the alien planet?  Maybe we'll see him come back in Agents of Shield?

I only know Marvel through the movies and TV shows...any characters in this premier that have a strong background in the comics?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is the same design. I'm not sure if Dottie is still working for Leviathan, but if she still is it's not totally unreasonable to fight against HYDRA, they are essentially competitors at this point. I wonder if we'll see Leviathan go into Deep Winter only to pop up again in AoS.

I don't think it's the same stuff as the Obelisk, which is at the heart of HYDRAS whole thing in this universe. But according to a review I read Zero Point energy turned up before on AoS as 'darkforce,' (described as pure negative energy) which was what the dude who stalked Amy Acker was powered up with.

Whitney Frost is Madam Masque.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:41 PM, HokieStone said:

This is what I was wondering.  I looked them up and found the background on Whitney Frost but really couldn't find too much about Jason Wilkes except a small entry without much detail and one comic picture.

I have really enjoyed the first three episodes of this season.  So much so that I am convinced it won't be renewed beyond this season as anything I enjoy as much as this never survives.  But in the meantime I shall enjoy what we have of Peggy.  Love her so much.  And love her interactions with Jarvis.  And Jarvis's wife.  And Dottie.  And am looking forward to seeing what happens to Whitney's scar and the dark matter.

Archived