Agent Carter

mcbigski

15 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I'm surprised this isn't getting more discussion on the board.  I haven't really found this season to be as engaging as the first...I haven't quite pinpointed why that is.  I wonder how the ratings compare to last season.

Really?  I'm loving this season so far.  Still one of the best comic book shows on television.

I am quite enjoying it. It does occasionally go a little too goofy but I can live with it. Silly science stuff as well like the good doctor being intangible but still able to speak and hear people. And I have never met anyone who speaks with what this series thinks an English accent is.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I am quite enjoying it. It does occasionally go a little too goofy but I can live with it. Silly science stuff as well like the good doctor being intangible but still able to speak and hear people. And I have never met anyone who speaks with what this series thinks an English accent is.

Who else in this series is English, besides Hayley and Jarvis, though? Both actors are really British.

I like the show. It has its charm. I think people aren't talking much about it because it's been a fairly slow build up to this point.

23 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I wonder how the ratings compare to last season.

Not good.  I read something this morning which said they hit a new all time low with the last episode.  So I think its been a steady decrease with every week and none as high as even the lowest last season.  Which bums me out to no end as I love this season way more than last season.

I really enjoyed the flash back scenes in last night's episode to Peggy's past.  Great to see what her life was like before we first met her in Captain America.  And I also enjoyed getting scenes from Whitney's past as well.  Love that she is being given some background and an explanation of what shaped her into the person she is today. 

8 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Really?  I'm loving this season so far.  Still one of the best comic book shows on television.

Yeah, I'm not sure why.  I think the humor has gone a little too silly on occasion.  Don't get me wrong...I still like the show, and I agree it's one of the best comic book shows...I just think I haven't enjoyed it as much as Season 1.  I did enjoy getting some of Peggy's background on last night's episode. 

And I do wonder, since Dr. Wilkes is intangible...how is it that he doesn't sink through the floor?

I agree with the "occasionally too silly" comment... humor in these types of shows needs to be organic, not contrived...and sometimes it seems like they're going for a cheap laugh in a spy show.... But I also still love this show, Marvel junkie that I am.... and Hayley Atwell is terrific, and kind of loveable.

16 hours ago, HokieStone said:

And I do wonder, since Dr. Wilkes is intangible...how is it that he doesn't sink through the floor?

Well, precisely, he's intangible, so he's not subject to gravity. He has no mass.

The question would be rather, why isn't he just flying (and enjoying his condition fully as anyone would do)?

I love Agent Carter and it is certainly one of the best comic book shows on TV. Hayley Atwell is a pure gold and her character is absolutely incredible. It has more personality and charm than entire AoS cast put together. But the thing is that as "dynamic" the character is, so should be the plot. And sometimes the plots of AC are not as good as one would imagine. There is a lot of material to explore: Hank Pym, Hydra inside and so on... And while I do think they are making some good progress in connecting things, I am afraid it just doesn't fall into "cleaning Avengers' mess" category they fell during the first season and being there just for the sake of giving more subplot to the movies.

That said, I absolutely don't care about the goofiness, although while laughing at Jarvis I do know back in my head it was rather silly. The thing is that it can be well-balanced with Peggy's kickass personality. Overall, I am enjoying and not caring about a single bad thing about it :)

tumblr_nkufl6F40l1u1sgm6o6_250.gif

32 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

That does make a third season in 2017-18 seem less likely. But in this day and age I dunno that that's necessarily a sign of cancellation. Keep in mind that it's just a pilot, and on the same network. Even if Atwell was unavailable next year, as long as she has a working relationship with the network it's always possible Agent Carter could return down the road. Either as a new season or a TV movie. Especially if one of the new Marvel/ABC projects fails to take off. 

On 2/10/2016 at 9:39 PM, Martini Sigil said:

My last post in this thread was about this show being too silly, too often,,,,, and yet I am  loving tonight's episode *because* it's silly.... that bimbo voice had me howling...

Well, unfortunately, I think that only makes one of us.  This episode ramped up what I have been disliking about this season.  The actress woman (I am totally blanking on her name...) and her Senator-wannabe husband promise millions of dollars to a gangster in order to get...2 goons?!?!  One of which is beat up by a secretary?  The whole bringing along Rose and the scientist guy was farcical.  They've just gone too far with the silliness - it's hard to reconcile this Peggy Carter with the one we've seen in the movies.

5 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

Yeah, this episode was about 3/4 cartoon. The jokes generally work, and humour is part of the Marvel formula, but usually it's balanced with a bit more serious material.

Like what happened to Peggy near the end of the episode? I suppose that was the other 1/4 of the episode.

Archived