Agent Carter

mcbigski

Maybe this should just go in the Agents of SHIELD or Marvel thread, or maybe not.

Was sort of ambivalent about the whole idea of this show to start but after the 'Our Mrs. Reynolds' shout out, I'm looking forward to the rest of this

That's why I never kiss em on the mouth!

Also, nice to see Victor again.

That was two strong episodes to open the series. Atwell, of course, was wonderful as the lead, D'arcy's Jarvis was maybe the best Alfred I've seen onscreen, and it is nice to see Victor, Bubbles, and Farva, even if the latter two were just cameos.

I "thought" it started at 9 too and missed the first hour.

Eta

Yet it doesn't stop me from speculating that something may be up with the Lindsey Fonseca character considering what we know of the future and that the actress played an agent in Nikita.

And may Alessandra Ambrosio jump me if I'm wrong.

It looks like ABC is at least airing one of the episodes again on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed it. I've never been able to get into AOS but I'll for sure be watching the rest of Agent Carter. So I do think this should stay as a separate thread since there will be some difference in the audience and who will want to talk about the show.

Just copied over what I put in AoS thread. Which btw if you gave up in S1 S2 is worth a look, much better.

I liked it. They managed to make it look period without too much difficulty, didn't shy away from the sexism, without making Carter into a bleeding heart. And it is at times really quite funny.

Here follows a stream of conciousness that tailed off a bit in E2 :P

The tie in to the senate commie witchunts is nice.

The appearance of Enver Gjokaj is interesting as he was also in The Avengers, I will pretend he's a time traveller.

Is Jarvis not more of a valet than butler?

BUBS!

Pulp fiction reference :lol:

Her roomate had a weak death.

That fight was good though.

Anyone sitting like that in a cafe surely draws more attention.

Vanco tie in was nice.

Jarvis is good, with the accent and face, he looks like he could be Bendybus Cummerbund's brother.

The badguys can't shoot for shit, even stormtroopers would be able to land at least one bullet on that car.

Oh Ray Wise!

What is the point of having badguys without voiceboxes if they can use a device to talk anyway?

Leviathan gives them a lot of room to do what they want.

The radio playing throughout was fun, especially during the fight.

I'm hopeful.

Maybe this should just go in the Agents of SHIELD or Marvel thread, or maybe not.

Was sort of ambivalent about the whole idea of this show to start but after the 'Our Mrs. Reynolds' shout out, I'm looking forward to the rest of this

That's why I never kiss em on the mouth!

Also, nice to see Victor again.

I got the connection between using the "Sweet Dreams" lipstick and the similarity to "Our Miss Reynolds" and Weedon's involvement with the show and Marvelverse, but was there more to it?

I set the DVR to record all episodes and it shows that it is recording the "Pilot" episode on Saturday and the third episode on Tuesday. I didn't look to see if the Pilot is two hours or if I will just miss the second ep. :dunno:

The pilot was just an hour. The second hour was the second episode. It looks like as of now, they are only showing episode one on Saturday.

Well that makes no sense...

I have seen the first hour -- I was streaming the show off the broadcast network's website, they had the two episodes packaged together, and my internet crapped out before the second half could start. I'll be going back and watching again to get the second half, because I love this so far. The plot's a straightforward get-the-thing at this stage, but the show is lively and active and witty and fun beyond anything Shield was even dreaming about in the beginning. [if I was to compare this to current Shield, which has turned itself around more than I thought it could and is now a show I enjoy very much, I'd say Carter is still a little zippier and lighter on its feet with what little character work we've seen thus far.] Peggy Carter as the central character is great, clearly-drawn and endlessly fun to watch, Atwell is fantastic, and her back-and-forth with Jarvis is hilarious.

I think it's great so far and deserves a larger audience -- it seems the ratings for the first two episodes were okay but not great. I suspect anybody who enjoyed the Peggy character in the first Captain America film -- and anybody who enjoys fast-paced, witty action / spy material in general, as the tie-ins to the larger Marvelverse are thus far fun but not necessary to follow the plot at all -- would find this a fun use of time.

Oh hey Bubs great to see you what no Bubs don't leave no come back why aren't you on tv more Bubs?

Archived