Best Disney Movie and why?

Seaworth'sShipmate

As far as impact goes, I'd have to say Bambi. My Dad took me to see it when I was like 6 or 7. You have to understand, my father was about as far from "sensitive guy" as you can get without being a criminal. When Bambi's mom got shot, I asked him if she was going to be okay. He said, "No way son, her ticket's been punched. It's a done deal".

As far as impact goes, I'd have to say Bambi. My Dad took me to see it when I was like 6 or 7. You have to understand, my father was about as far from "sensitive guy" as you can get without being a criminal. When Bambi's mom got shot, I asked him if she was going to be okay. He said, "No way son, her ticket's been punched. It's a done deal".

This explains so much :lmao: .

My grandpa was the same way.

My favorite is the Lion King. I like the story and the music.

Best Disney film? That's not quite the same as favorite, is it?

The best is likely Beauty and the Beast.

My favorites are Robin Hood, Lilo and Stitch, and lately, even though I despise Dane Cook, I like the Planes sequel. (Don't judge me, Little Jax is five next week...I have to watch these things...)

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

Why?

Because of the scene when one dwarf gets on another dwarf's shoulders to dance with Snow White. When I was six and my brother was seven my brother and I would take turns getting on each other's shoulders to reenact this scene over and over again. It is one of my earliest memories I can recall, and I love it.

Am I the only one whose favorite is "The Rescuers Down Under?" I am, aren't I?

Lol. I completely forgot about that one until you just mentioned it. IIRC is one of the few movies where I like the second one more than the first. I think its been like 12 years since I've seen either one though.

LordArryn, this weekend there will be a 24 year old man watching a Disney Movie marathon, and it's entirely your fault. I hope your proud ^_^!

Damn. Song of the South must have been pretty bad considering I've never heard of it.

Based on the tales of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear. Classic American folklore. It is considered to be pretty racist by today's standards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4eEE12oxlc

It's been the target of a fair share of satire over the years...

https://screen.yahoo.com/uncle-jemimas-pure-mash-liquor-000000688.html

Based on the tales of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear. Classic American folklore. It is considered to be pretty racist by today's standards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4eEE12oxlc

It's been the target of a fair share of satire over the years...

https://screen.yahoo.com/uncle-jemimas-pure-mash-liquor-000000688.html

Huh. Thanks for the links. Guess I know now why my parents didn't let me watch this one.

Excluding Pixar:

The best is Beauty and the Beast.

It is also my favorite. Followed by Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid. If we are including CG animated Disney films then Big Hero Six and Wreck-It-Ralph are also in that group.

Well, I'm going for A Goofy Movie. I understand if it's not considered the best (not even good for some people), but I just love ever bit of it. I never get tired of watching it and I truly think that it deserves a mention since I don't think anyone here would say AGM when talking about the best Disney movie. It's not my favourite or the one that most shaped me, but it's fun and highly underrated.

Best Disney film? That's not quite the same as favorite, is it?

The best is likely Beauty and the Beast.

My favorites are Robin Hood, Lilo and Stitch, and lately, even though I despise Dane Cook, I like the Planes sequel. (Don't judge me, Little Jax is five next week...I have to watch these things...)

The sequel to Planes? Seriously? Don't try to blame your lack of taste on your children, everything stays on the the Internet forever these days.

Archived